IEC 2015

Old Apr 16th 2015, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

matt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by matt101
Hey guys i'm slightly panicking that my application won't be accepted due to me printing the IMM5707 form out and signing it by hand then uploading it as a jpg, instead of the pdf format it came in. Does anyone know if this could cause a rejection? they did say they accept jpg files, but I'm just really worried and wondering if I should go for the Irish one to cover myself. Thanks people
Sent them an email and they said a jpg is sufficient, I'm so relieved. Pretty sure most people here can understand how stressful this thing can be.

On another note I've been checking the Irish IEC openings and after the second round being open for 2 hours there are still almost 3000 places left! They have clearly run out of young people

Last edited by matt101; Apr 16th 2015 at 3:55 pm. Reason: 3000, not 1000
Old Apr 16th 2015, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

craigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the roughcraigthemason is a jewel in the rough

The one time I wish I was Irish.
Wtn5172
Old Apr 19th 2015, 11:05 am
Just Joined

videomannico is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys and gals , I'm just filling out form 1295 online and it sais UCI number. Unique client identification , its sais under questions this can be found on any official documents , can bit cannot find it anywhere ? Can anyone help ?
Old Apr 19th 2015, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Do we need to put in an lmia number into for imm1295 ? Or is it nor required ?
Old Apr 19th 2015, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Do you need to put down an employer under "" details of Intended work.in Canada "" help help ??
Old Apr 19th 2015, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

WildfireV2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

I keep getting messages saying my application has been updated in MyCIC but when I view it, nothing has changed. It still says Open, and they don't require anything yet.

Anyway, when I completed my application I was not prompted to digitally sign anything. Someone on here stated there would be a digital signature prompt but nothing was ever there for me & it let me submit my application without digitally signing anything.

I also have my police report, but because it wasn't going to arrive in time for the IEC deadline, I put a word doc in its place stating that it would arrive soon.

I went to my application to see if I can update it & put the police report in, but there is no option to add any more forms.

Am I supposed to wait until they say they request it or something? Or is there an email I can contact to explain everything.

Thanks
Old Apr 19th 2015, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

El Supremo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I've just gone through the CIC questionnaire and set up a MyCIC account.

I have to complete and upload the IMM1295 and IMM5707 forms - can these be completed in pen or must they be completed electronically? Similarly, is the signature to be penned or signed electronically?

Many thanks!
Old Apr 19th 2015, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

matt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by El Supremo
Hello,

I've just gone through the CIC questionnaire and set up a MyCIC account.

I have to complete and upload the IMM1295 and IMM5707 forms - can these be completed in pen or must they be completed electronically? Similarly, is the signature to be penned or signed electronically?

Many thanks!
they get signed electronically, by submitting your application you agree to sign everything and that is enough. I couldn't find an answer to this 2 weeks back and printed the IMM5707, signed, scanned and uploaded it as a jpg and then panicked when I found out they were done electronically. I emailed them though and they said that was fine.

Just remember to hit validate on the IMM 1295

Last edited by matt101; Apr 19th 2015 at 3:48 pm. Reason: adding in a bit
Old Apr 19th 2015, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

David3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid3627 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WildfireV2
Hey all,

I keep getting messages saying my application has been updated in MyCIC but when I view it, nothing has changed. It still says Open, and they don't require anything yet.

Anyway, when I completed my application I was not prompted to digitally sign anything. Someone on here stated there would be a digital signature prompt but nothing was ever there for me & it let me submit my application without digitally signing anything.

I also have my police report, but because it wasn't going to arrive in time for the IEC deadline, I put a word doc in its place stating that it would arrive soon.

I went to my application to see if I can update it & put the police report in, but there is no option to add any more forms.

Am I supposed to wait until they say they request it or something? Or is there an email I can contact to explain everything.

Thanks
Send them an email and attach it

Sign in to MyCIC and look for the message center or the send a message part. It would allow you to attach a file. In this case the police report.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 5:26 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by videomannico
Hey guys and gals , I'm just filling out form 1295 online and it sais UCI number. Unique client identification , its sais under questions this can be found on any official documents , can bit cannot find it anywhere ? Can anyone help ?
1. You would only have a UCI if you have had previous dealings with CIC, it is 8 digit number xxxx-xxxx. If not, leave it blank.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
CIC state 6 weeks processing time don't they? And that's 6 working weeks, there might well be a bit of a delay with the offices shut for Easter. Are your potential employers aware that you may well have to postpone the start date?
6 weeks service standard. One of their FAQs is distinction between service standard (target of 80% done within this time), and processing time (average time in reality) - last year, IECs were only taking 2-3 days by & large, which led to a processing time drastically under the service standard. This year, the two seem more closely aligned.

That said, obviously, don't plan to be doing anything before the service standard, and IEC advise not to make any commitments until the Letter of Introduction has been received.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

El Supremo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the above help.

My passport is due to expire in July 2017 - by the time I get to Canada I may have less than two years left on my passport.

Has anyone else had this issue? Should I notify CIC that I intend, at some point, to apply for a new visa or simply send off my application now and then notify CIC afterwards and awiat their instructions?
Old Apr 19th 2015, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Supremo
Thanks for the above help.

My passport is due to expire in July 2017 - by the time I get to Canada I may have less than two years left on my passport.

Has anyone else had this issue? Should I notify CIC that I intend, at some point, to apply for a new visa or simply send off my application now and then notify CIC afterwards and awiat their instructions?
Just make sure the passport you present when entering Canada with your LOI is valid for the 2 years. No need to inform CIC.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 12:25 am
Just Joined

Do we need to put in an lmia number into for imm1295 ? Or is it nor required ? And do we need to fill anything out for intended work in Canada ? Please help !
Old Apr 21st 2015, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by videomannico
Do we need to put in an lmia number into for imm1295 ? Or is it nor required ? And do we need to fill anything out for intended work in Canada ? Please help !
No LMIA number required as IEC work permits are LMIA exempt. Put N/A

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.