CPC Mississauga

Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Scott was given a question sheet that he needed to answer.... I never thought selling a house would be this painful
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Yeah, that is a long time, Chelsea! I was thinking though, why would they even ask Scott if a terrorist attack would happen, would the house be insured? Wouldn't it be his (the buyer) home insurance that would cover it? It's very bizarre! There are always crazy people around who just like to make things difficult for the rest of us! It'll be over with soon!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

catherinelouise is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone.

I am a 26 year old Canadian sponsoring my common-law partner to come to Canada as a permanent resident. I think I am going through similar situations as lots of you. It is relieving to see that other people are going through the same thing as me although I would never wish these anxious/nervous feelings on anyone!!

We are at the stage right now where the CIC status says "Decision Made" and a letter has been sent for the first part.

I am just finding it extremely hard to concentrate here at work or at anything in the past couple days since the status changed to "Decision Made". I just wish that letter would hurry up and get here!!!

How has everyone else been coping with the waiting games?

Thanks in advance for any responses!!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Hi, Catherinelouise! Welcome!

For me personally, I find that this site has helped a lot! Like you; I found it such a relief to find that people are going through the same thing as me! It's good for all of us to stick together and give each other advice when we need it! You really can't do anything else, but wait! I try not the think about it too much, I don't let it stress me out even though it is very easy to let that happen! It's going to happen when it happens and I'm ok with that! You'll see that some people are very lucky and have their application approved lightening fast; just like Chelsea and her boyfriend! If things crop up and you need help, we'll always do our best to give you the advice that you need!!

Keep us posted on your progress!!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Hi Giggles.

Thanks very much for reply it definatley helps to have support out there.

I am trying very hard to not make my every thought about this process! You are right it will happen when it happens!! Although I do have my brother checking my mail for me and calling me if anything from immigration arrives!

Thanks again and I will keep everyone posted.............

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Hey Catherinelouise - Welcome to this forum, always nice to see/meet new people on here that all have something in common.

My bf and I were lucky to hear back fairly quick. We were both surprised yet really impressed with how speedy they've been lately.

He had his PPR request last week...and I believe its about a 2 week turnaround at the moment to receive passports back...so looks like we have another week to go before he gets his.

Very exciting times tho
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Hi Chelsea

Nice to hear from you and very nice to hear about your success storey!

How long has the whole process taken for you two?

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Mississauga approved our common-law application Sept 11th (we received approval letter on the 17th) and we're now in the final stages with London waiting for them to return Scott's passport which should be 1st week of Dec (maybe sooner, if we're lucky...)

So not very long!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

I think all in all for you Chelsea, it was just under 4 months in total, yeah? From start to finish which is fantastic!

You know I said I sent off my Police Checks last week (2nd time)...well they still haven't received the envelope...man, this is driving me crazy. I worked it out that I have been waiting just on 2 months for the Merseyside Police just to get my forms, not even for them to process them. I contacted them again today to find out if they had them, the lady said no...she had ben checking every day. They should have got them within 2 days at the most...what if they don't get these ones. What the hell do I do then? I don't know what's going on, but I'm really starting to panick about it.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

if Everton had been playing last weekend (and it had been at Goodison) I'd have offered to drop it off for you myself. And they have the cheek to strike for more money and guarantees of no job cuts?! If they provided better service people wouldn't be using alternatives :curse:
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Oh No, Kate - that totally sucks! What on earth is up with post in that area for your police checks to suddenly go missing...not only once, but a few times now. I'm so sorry to hear that.

Are you sending them with a way to track it...(someone has to sign for it)maybe next day post and check online when they receive it? I dont suppose you have or know anyone that could personally drop it off for you?

Dammit, Scott was just in Liverpool yesterday for work related stuff ...we should have had him drop it off...heh.

I really hope you hear something back soon *hugs*
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Guys, the stupid thing is, is that it's being mailed from Liverpool to Liverpool so that's why is shouldn't take more than a day! We couldn't even send it recorded delivery because it's going to a PO BOX address. I've even asked if I can fax all he forms in, but they don't accept it that way and they told me my sister couldn't hand it in as it HAS to go to that PO BOX address. I'll wait another week before I really freak out, maybe they are just slow at picking up their mail. Who knows.

Could another option be that I send the forms directly to The Met? Is that allowed? lol

Thanks, Guys! You're the best!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
Thanks Guys, the stupid thing is, is that it's being mailed from Liverpool to Liverpool so that's why is shouldn't take more than a day! We couldn't even send it recorded delivery because it's going to a PO BOX address. I've even asked if I can fax all he forms in, but they don't accept it that way and they told me my sister couldn't hand it in as it HAS to go to that PO BOX address. I'll wait another week before I really freak out, maybe they are just slow at picking up their mail. Who knows.

Could another option be that I send the forms directly to The Met? Is that allowed? lol

Thanks, Guys! You're the best!!!
Hey guys,

Still in Vanc...not drinking at the moment so thought i'd check in...

Chels the weather has been great here at the moment!!We've been really lucky!!!Going back to TO tomorrow...looking forward to it!

Anyways...when Scott got his PPR had his ECAS changed??! I really dunno what the hold up with mine is!!They've got all the fees and I should of had it by now!!!

Kate, this police fiasco must be driving you up the wall!!I hope they pull their finger out soon...

Anyways, we're off out shopping and big night out tonight!!Talk to you guys soon!!

All the best folks!!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Hey Jeff...

Nice to see you again...its been awhile. Glad Vancouver is treating you and your gal good - weather is beautiful but sure gets damn cold at nights. Heh. Hope you had an awesome time here....get up to anything fun?

When Scott received PPR letter about 2 days later Ecas changed and said 'Decision Made' - 'Letter sent out about decision, blah blah...' so we're just waiting to get that.

Dunno what the hold up is on your application. Very very strange. You could always email them (Scott sent them an email which they never replied to about his medicals expiring soon asking them when he'd hear about PPR...) so it might be worth it to send them one and see what's up?! Hope you hear something soon tho!! Let us know.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

tom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nice

Sorry to blurt out, but I need to do so somewhere as it's been a major stressy week and I just need to go...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHH HHHHHHHHHH

"We started processing TOM17's application on November 19, 2007. " - ECAS, London CIC.

And we sold our car today.

Feeling a bit better now.

OK, as you were.

Last edited by tom17; Nov 26th 2007 at 1:54 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.