Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by Geordielass
..are you 12 weeks as well? Isnt it frustrating
Its hard but you just have to live with it. I don't look at ECAS anymore - it reminds me of Wigan on a foggy day - depressing. Actually it reminds me of Wigan on a summers day too!
Old Jul 4th 2013, 9:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
Its hard but you just have to live with it. I don't look at ECAS anymore - it reminds me of Wigan on a foggy day - depressing. Actually it reminds me of Wigan on a summers day too!
Ah but didnt Wigan win the FA Cup therefore less depressing that not receiving PR status Theres nowt wrong with Wigan and they make good pies and they have a pier dontcha know.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Ah but didnt Wigan win the FA Cup therefore less depressing that not receiving PR status
... and then promptly got relegated three days later.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Ah but didnt Wigan win the FA Cup therefore less depressing that not receiving PR status Theres nowt wrong with Wigan and they make good pies and they have a pier dontcha know.
Thanks FL - all of a sudden I feel in a more positive and expectant mood!
Old Jul 4th 2013, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Errrr no they can't as they must be seeking entry into Canada. Id be very surprised if Calgary allow people already in Canada to do this unless local management say its OK. I suggest a trip to Coutts or Carway or making an appointment with their local CIC office.
Err yes you can, I know this because I was informed so by a Canadian border officer at the Idaho border!
Old Jul 4th 2013, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smudger75
Err yes you can, I know this because I was informed so by a Canadian border officer at the Idaho border!
Does this BSO work at an airport? Unless local management has given the OK which I know that isnt the case at Calgary airport. A person flag poling must LEAVE Canada and then re-enter to do their landing.
Knowing several BSOs who work at numerous airports within Canada they will not land a person who turns up at the airport having not arrived off a flight originating from outside Canada.
Becoming a permanent resident

To become a permanent resident, any foreign national outside Canada needs to present their permanent resident visa at a port of entry to Canada.
As per policy decribed in Section 5.1 of this chapter, applicants whose permanent resident visa is issued while they are in Canada with a valid temporary resident status may:
• contact the Call Centre to request an appointment at a local CIC office to become a permanent resident at that location; or
• leave Canada and become a permanent resident upon re-entry to Canada at a port of entry. The template letters that accompany the permanent resident visas for provincial nominees must
be amended by the visa offices to include the following paragraph:
Please note that if you are already in Canada and have a valid temporary resident status, you
now have the option of obtaining your permanent resident status in Canada as opposed to leaving Canada and re-entering at a port of entry. Please contact CIC’s Call Centre at 1 888 242-2100 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment with the Citizenship and Immigration office nearest to your place of residence. (You cannot call this number if you are outside Canada.)

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Jul 4th 2013 at 10:47 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by shee22
Got my COPR today so happy cant believe after waiting two yrs I have finally got it.Where would you recommend to flag pole as I live in calgary? Also as I have COPR would I be able to leave my employment straight away or would I need to wait for the permanent residence card to come?

Good Luck to everyone that is waiting I feel your frustration.
Congratulations
Old Jul 5th 2013, 3:19 am
Just Joined

baby_boy is an unknown quantity at this point

CIC is doing a survey, it's call --- 2014 Immigration Levels Planning: Public and Stakeholder Consultation.--- It's open for everyone. On the end of the survey you can vent your frustration how sluggish and inefficient case processing Ottawa has been. Please express your personal experience i.e paying for renewal of work permits, study permits, medical exam fee etc while waiting for PR decision. The link can be found following (click on online questionnaire)--

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2014/index.asp
Old Jul 5th 2013, 3:22 am
Just Joined

baby_boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrWindUpBird
No (unless they specifically ask you to) - if they want to check that they can just look you up on the computer. CIC did after all issue your TWP.
@MrWindUpBird --- Thanks for your reply.
Old Jul 6th 2013, 12:10 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
Hahaha!!! Love it
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

...12 weeks and still waiting for our copr!!!
Any news on yours yet?
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lloydies
Any news on yours yet?
Any news on anyone's yet?
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:07 am
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lloydies
Any news on yours yet?
no nothing yet, what about you? Whats taking so long I wonder
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

no nothing yet, what about you? Whats taking so long I wonder
The strike has done this. I emailed them once again only to be told its in a pile to be processed but they cannot give me a timeframe. So I guess it's time I applied for extension of work permit and kids study permits. It's soul destroying when you can't see an end in sight.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:27 am
Sunny Alberta!

Originally Posted by DoyleLinda
The strike has done this. I emailed them once again only to be told its in a pile to be processed but they cannot give me a timeframe. So I guess it's time I applied for extension of work permit and kids study permits. It's soul destroying when you can't see an end in sight.
I feel your pain, just hang on in there! Weve had hiccups along the way that's held us back months but it was out of our control, and yet some people seem to sail through this. Im scared to query mine again incase they decline us for bugging them lol! Its been a long 4 years and I agree theres no end to this, I just try to stay positive and carry on making plans, but im desperate to find the letter in the mailbox one of these days. I too just want the waiting to be over and not have my families lives in someone elses hands. Im sending positive vibes to all those still waiting...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.