Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Aug 6th 2013, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

PS. does anyone know if the strike is still on at Ottawa. I heard it was over but not sure if this is correct information or not. Thanks.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 3:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DoyleLinda
PS. does anyone know if the strike is still on at Ottawa. I heard it was over but not sure if this is correct information or not. Thanks.
Last I heard the strike involves PAFSO officers working overseas not Ottawa so YES the strike is still on though files are being shipped to offices in Canada for processing if they can find the staff to do it.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Last I heard the strike involves PAFSO officers working overseas not Ottawa so YES the strike is still on though files are being shipped to offices in Canada for processing if they can find the staff to do it.
Thanks for that info.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by Geordielass
Hi yes we finally got our on 23rd July after paying the fee on April 2nd, so its been 4 months. It arrived through the mail on April 2nd. Weve got family visiting here, and were busy moving so I haven't been on here for a while. Good luck to everyone still waiting
Woohoo congrats to you!
Old Aug 7th 2013, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Congratulations Geordielass. I am getting sooooo worried and upset because we paid our ROPR fees on May 10th and still havent heard a word. They wont answer my last two emails either. We have just come back after being away for a week and I had hoped to find the COPR in the mail box but no, its not there. It is exactly 12 weeks this week and I cannot understand why it is taking so long. I am going to go to my MP this week because my work permit expires at the end of this month and I had hoped we would not have to pay for another work permit and 3 kids study permits again. I am soooo upset that I am scared to ask them for any more updates. Its a horrible feeling, but I am happy for all of you who have had the good fortune to get your COPR letters so quickly. I will keep you all posted.
They send the envelope regular mail so maybe it's got lost. Seems daft that these extremely important documents aren't sent by registered post or courier. I'm sure we'd all pay the extra for that without any questions.

Call your MP's office to see if they can find out if CIC aren't responding to you.

Chin up and fingers crossed!
Old Aug 7th 2013, 4:27 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Geordielass. I am getting sooooo worried and upset because we paid our ROPR fees on May 10th and still havent heard a word. They wont answer my last two emails either. We have just come back after being away for a week and I had hoped to find the COPR in the mail box but no, its not there. It is exactly 12 weeks this week and I cannot understand why it is taking so long. I am going to go to my MP this week because my work permit expires at the end of this month and I had hoped we would not have to pay for another work permit and 3 kids study permits again. I am soooo upset that I am scared to ask them for any more updates. Its a horrible feeling, but I am happy for all of you who have had the good fortune to get your COPR letters so quickly. I will keep you all posted.
Are you checking your email accounts too? They could also send the COPR by email.

I would send a case specific enquiry (or preferably reply to an email you have received from them) if you are concerned. Better to ask than find out later it was not delivered!

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 7th 2013 at 4:45 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

vinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vinegarboy
Unhappy news.

CPP-O e-mailed me yest. (7/31st) demanding all 3 of my Police Reports (U.K., Oz, & U.S.) by 8/31st. 20mins later s/he e-mailed me again saying that s/he'd just found the U.K. & Oz police reports (which've both actually been in my physical case-file since 2/2013; these having arrived at CPP-O within a few days of each other, & hence presumably being located next door to each other within my case-file), but s/he still demanded my U.S. (F.B.I.) report by 8/31st.

If this evident clown at CPP-O'd had the gumption to continue looking through my physical case-file, s/he'd have shortly found my squeaky-clean F.B.I. police clearance document contained therein as well (having been received & signed-for at CPP-O in mid-April).

Apart from the courier's record of the U.S./F.B.I. police report's successful (& duly signed-for) delivery to CPP-O's Mail Room in mid-April, I've got two separate previous e-mailed responses from CPP-O dated in May & July which both say that they were in possession of all 3 of my police clearance reports, none missing.

So, the unhappy news for us is that certainly some of the staffers at CPP-O clearly aren't what we'd call out on the oilfields 'the sharpest tools in the box'. And by the idiomatic use of English in the e-mails that I received yest., it's clear to me that this person is actually a subcontinental-Canadian career bureaucrat of low IQ.

When I called CIC today to express myself ("WTF?!"), the very helpful Quebecois gent that I was put through to suggested that I might do 3 things to help my case move forward:

(1.) that I should politely respond to CPP-O's demand for the U.S./F.B.I. documentation by gently suggesting to the twerp that s/he might want to at least consider re-opening my case-file & then using her/his highly-evolved ocular function in order to search therein for the supposedly missing U.S. police report;

(2.) that I should visit the local MP's office here in Edmonton in order to get them to give CPP-O's management a swift kick in the behind; &

(3.) that, if neither (1.) nor (2.) works in the coming days/weeks, that I'd certainly be welcome to call CIC back in order that I could then (if I might choose to do so) thereby lodge a formal complaint against CPP-O for their screaming incompetence.

(1.) was done today, very politely, by e-mail, by fax, & also by letter couriering overnight tonight from Edmonton to Ottawa.
(2.) will happen on Tuesday when I'll be heading to our local MP's office.
(3.) will not be in any doubt if I don't get sure satisfaction within days/weeks.

Enough's enough. If the fools at CPP-O had been bothered to keep my e-CAS page regularly updated, then I'd have known long before last night's imposed 31d deadline that there was apparently some kind of problem with my police reports not having been acknowledged.

So the message is clear to me: one simply has to keep bugging them to acknowledge their receipt of each piece of the PR process/puzzle.

Good luck to all.

My journey towards Canadian PR via PNP (no immigration lawyer retained at any stage):
TWP#1 (09/2010, for 1yr).
TWP#2 (10/2011, for 1yr).
TWP#3 (10/2012, for 2yrs, after ticking “Temp. with intent to perm.” box on LMO application).
AINP (11/2012; ~3wks to be processed & approved, after one query back for a clarification).
PR application sent to CIO, Sydney, NS (01/2013).
Receipt acknowledged by CIO & simultaneously by CPP-O (02/2013).
U.K. Police Clearance Report forwarded to CPP-O (02/2013).
Australian Police Clearance Report + Driver Record forwarded to CPP-O (02/2013).
Medical requested by CIC/CPP-O (02/2013).
Medical done in Seattle, WA (03/2013).
U.S. (F.B.I.) Police Clearance Report forwarded to CPP-O (04/2013).
Medical results acknowledged on the e-CAS system (05/2013).
RPRF requested by CIC/CPP-O (06/2013).
e-CAS only acknowledging receipt of the Application & Medical.

Happier news to report this morning: following a vigorous response (incl. 3 phone calls to CIC, 4 e-mails to/from CPP-O, a fax to CPP-O, & an overnight couriered (signature) letter to CPP-O) all detailing CPP-O’s signed receipt of (mid-April) & their 2 past e-mail acknowledgements (mid-May & mid-July) to me of them having actually sighted all three (3) of my police clearance documents (i.e., incl. the supposedly now missing FBI document), now finally, at long last this morning, one of CPP-O’s staffers actually had the gumption to get up from her/his desk & to actually go to the effort of looking through my physical case-file, therein duly locating, in very short order, just as I'd told them they would, the supposedly missing FBI police clearance document that had lain in there (but physically apart from & thus uncollated with the other 2 police reports that'd been submitted 2mos earlier) since mid-April.

So a battle won, even though CPP-O's initial response to my entreaties over the past week was along the lines of "It would appear that...", which meant of course that the twerp hadn't actually gone to check through my physical case-file, & that s/he was just going by her/his colleagues' e-mail string (i.e., not wanting to exert herself/himself any more than s/he judged necessary).

So it's a struggle to get common-sense to shine through at CPP-O, & one has to virtually do these dummies' jobs for them it seems, along with staying on top of one's own job & life!

My journey towards Canadian PR via PNP (no immigration lawyer retained at any stage):
TWP #1 (9/2010, for 1yr).
TWP #2 (10/2011, for 1yr).
TWP #3 (10/2012, for 2yrs, after ticking “Temp. with intent to perm.” box on LMO application).
AINP (11/2012; ~3wks to be processed & approved, after 1 query back for a clarification).
PR Application sent to CIO, Sydney, NS (1/2013).
AOR e-mails arrived on the same day from both CIO & CPP-O (2/2013).
U.K. Police Clearance Report couriered (signature) to CPP-O (2/2013).
Australian Police Clearance Report & Driver Record couriered (signature) to CPP-O (2/2013).
Medical requested by CPP-O (2/2013).
Medical done in Seattle, WA (3/2013).
U.S. (FBI) Police Clearance Report couriered (signature) to CPP-O (4/2013).
AOR on e-CAS for Medical results (5/2013).
RPRF payment requested by CPP-O (6/2013).
7/31st/2013: an e-mail from CPP-O demanding all 3 police clearance certificates by 8/31st; 20mins later a 2nd e-mail from CPP-O saying they’d located my British & Australian police reports, but were still demanding the U.S./FBI police clearance certificate by 8/31st.
8/7th/2013: after a vigorous response (incl. 3 phone calls to CIC, 4 e-mails to CPP-O, a fax to CPP-O, & an overnight couriered (signature) letter to CPP-O) all detailing CPP-O’s signed receipt of & their 2 past e-mail acknowledgements to me of them having received & sighted all three of my police clearance documents (i.e., incl. the supposedly now missing FBI document), finally, at very long last, one of CPP-O’s staffers actually had the gumption / intelligence / professionalism to get up from her/his desk & to go to the effort of looking through my physical case-file, therein duly locating, in very short order, the supposedly missing FBI police clearance document that had lain in there, physically apart from the other 2 police reports submitted, since mid-April. Battle won!
8/7th/2013: e-CAS still only acknowledging receipt of Application & Medical results...
Old Aug 7th 2013, 6:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Phew! Whilst it took a lot of effort, well worth it.

Old Aug 7th 2013, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Happy news for me too guys. Received email yesterday to say paperwork is now finalized and we will receive it no later than Friday. Short and sweet answer but at least I know it's not lost and it's almost at the end. Fingers crossed now for a happy weekend.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 6:53 pm
Banned

Happy news for me too guys. Received email yesterday to say paperwork is now finalized and we will receive it no later than Friday. Short and sweet answer but at least I know it's not lost and it's almost at the end. Fingers crossed now for a happy weekend.
Congrats! It seems like they are making an all out effort to get applications finalised.

Old Aug 7th 2013, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

baby_boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Great! May I know which email address you sent the email that gave you this reply. I emailed to ottpilot-immigration ( @ ) cic.gc.ca few times and every time they are replying same generic email template with out reading my email. Its very unfortunate, I applied in Jan 2012, did my medical in June 2012 --- no reply since then, I mean WTF going on with CIC grrrr

Will really appreciate your help.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 9th 2013 at 10:47 pm. Reason: edited to separate parts of email address to stop spambots from grabbing it
Old Aug 8th 2013, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
Congrats! It seems like they are making an all out effort to get applications finalised.

Well I respect your optimistic outlook Siouxie - but to be honest I have seen more movement in a constipated sloth.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
Well I respect your optimistic outlook Siouxie - but to be honest I have seen more movement in a constipated sloth.
We have are fingers crossed for you, hope it comes today like promised!
Old Aug 9th 2013, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Old Aug 12th 2013, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Smudger75

COPR received today everyone. Elated!! They were true to their word and it arrived today. Mailed on Friday. Happy happy. Best wishes to everyone still waiting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.