Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:31 am
Arrived Calgary 28 Jan 09

thebakers4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

We've been 19 months so far!! Applied to Buffalo in Nov 2011, had med requests April 2012, Meds received May 2012 then Buffalo closed & our application was moved to CPP-O to supposedly speed things up!!

We had an email a year to the day we had our last Meds done to say they had expired & needed to be done again!! Frustrated to pay for a family of 4 again!!

Had them done May this year, I emailed in June to find out what's happening to be told on June 26th our youngest sons Meds had been looked at & approved but the other 3 still needed looking at!!

Can't believe it's taking so long....think our application got lost or put to the bottom of the pile in the tfr from Buffalo to Ottawa.....think an earlier poster got it right in saying they put the spare pics up & the cleaner plays darts once a week to pick the next one to be processed :-(

It would be ok if we had a date they were working to but a few friends of ours applied after us & had their PR earlier this year.......how's the work??

Good luck to all who are waiting, it feels like we've been waiting forever, I just need to know now so we can plan our future after waiting this long....been in Canada 4 years making this happen :-)
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DoyleLinda
Any news on anyone's yet?
I answered the door yesterday and a man in a suit from the CIC gave me an envelope with my COPR inside. A band started up and loads of dancing girls came through the garden gate, fireworks exploded in the sky and all the neighbours were dancing in the street. Then I woke up in the cloak cupboard!

No.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Geordielass
I feel your pain, just hang on in there! Weve had hiccups along the way that's held us back months but it was out of our control, and yet some people seem to sail through this. Im scared to query mine again incase they decline us for bugging them lol! Its been a long 4 years and I agree theres no end to this, I just try to stay positive and carry on making plans, but im desperate to find the letter in the mailbox one of these days. I too just want the waiting to be over and not have my families lives in someone elses hands. Im sending positive vibes to all those still waiting...
Yes, Geordielass its so frustrating to hear constantly that people who applied after us are getting COPR within a couple of weeks of receiving 'Decision made' and also a lot of the CEC applicants are getting their COPR in very short time frames. I too try to stay positive and try to put it out of my mind but the longer it goes the more I tend to worry its a bad sign. I mean how can it take so long to get a decision made status to issuing a COPR or a refusal if that is the case? It would be such a relief to know that we are finally on the last leg of this journey after all the hurdles that were placed along the way. Fingers crossed for each and every one of us still waiting.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by thebakers4
We've been 19 months so far!! Applied to Buffalo in Nov 2011, had med requests April 2012, Meds received May 2012 then Buffalo closed & our application was moved to CPP-O to supposedly speed things up!!

We had an email a year to the day we had our last Meds done to say they had expired & needed to be done again!! Frustrated to pay for a family of 4 again!!

Had them done May this year, I emailed in June to find out what's happening to be told on June 26th our youngest sons Meds had been looked at & approved but the other 3 still needed looking at!!

Can't believe it's taking so long....think our application got lost or put to the bottom of the pile in the tfr from Buffalo to Ottawa.....think an earlier poster got it right in saying they put the spare pics up & the cleaner plays darts once a week to pick the next one to be processed :-(

It would be ok if we had a date they were working to but a few friends of ours applied after us & had their PR earlier this year.......how's the work??

Good luck to all who are waiting, it feels like we've been waiting forever, I just need to know now so we can plan our future after waiting this long....been in Canada 4 years making this happen :-)
That is a very frustrating story. I totally feel your frustration. I think the whole system is very badly organised and there does not seem to be any actual time scale for people, its like a lottery and if you are the lucky one this week you get it and if you are not tough. I hope you hear something soon because four years is a long time to be here and still not have your PR and having to do medicals all over again is my worst nightmare with three kids also. It pushed us to our limit to pay for the entire PR processing fees and medicals, etc. and now the fact we have to go and renew work permits again just when we should actually be getting our COPR is a pain. Keep the faith and let us know the minute you hear anything. Good luck to you and your family. You deserve to hear something this week.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

COPR arrived today ... One happy family. Good luck to you all, you can't be far behind. The new process is much quicker with everything by email.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 1:48 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lloydies
COPR arrived today ... One happy family. Good luck to you all, you can't be far behind. The new process is much quicker with everything by email.
Congrats!!

Old Jul 23rd 2013, 4:14 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see things working out in Ottawa! Congratulations.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

Oh you guys I am so happy for you but truth be known also very jealous, lol. Your timeframe was super fast in comparison to ours considering we have had decision made since May 8th. Cannot believe you got your's so fast after decision made status. Best wishes for the future and keep those fingers crossed for the rest of us still waiting.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by DoyleLinda
Oh you guys I am so happy for you but truth be known also very jealous, lol. Your timeframe was super fast in comparison to ours considering we have had decision made since May 8th. Cannot believe you got your's so fast after decision made status. Best wishes for the future and keep those fingers crossed for the rest of us still waiting.
I've got my fingers crossed for you ... it's quite unnerving knowing they've made a decision but you don't know what it is ... and that you have to wait a while to find out.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

mikey_c_9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Quick question.

I have recently paid my RPRF and sent off additional docs (spouse fingerprints). There was no mention of PPR though.

Is that the next step, or will the next step be COPR?

If PPR is next, should I just go ahead and scan the passports now and send them off in anticipation - or just wait?

Thanks!
Old Jul 24th 2013, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikey_c_9
Hi Guys,

Quick question.

I have recently paid my RPRF and sent off additional docs (spouse fingerprints). There was no mention of PPR though.

Is that the next step, or will the next step be COPR?

If PPR is next, should I just go ahead and scan the passports now and send them off in anticipation - or just wait?

Thanks!
Our application was processed all via email through Ottawa. Passports not requested, it went straight to CPR. I think it depends on how you're being processed. If your contact has been by post then you will probably receive a request for copies of passports, before CPR. I have a friend who applied before us, and her contact has been by post and she had to send a copy. I wouldn't send anything unless you have received a specific request. Good luck!
Old Jul 24th 2013, 5:03 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Our application was processed all via email through Ottawa. Passports not requested, it went straight to CPR. I think it depends on how you're being processed. If your contact has been by post then you will probably receive a request for copies of passports, before CPR. I have a friend who applied before us, and her contact has been by post and she had to send a copy. I wouldn't send anything unless you have received a specific request. Good luck!
Do you mean COPR? CPR is a 1st aid term, lol.

As you include a copy of your passport pages when you apply I wonder if that is all that is necessary now.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Just started extending work visas online - whilst awaiting PNP (lots of begrudging angst,hurt,pain) and the wonderful lady in our HR has said do not apply for extension, do not fork out $500, do not pass go collect £200 etc) you are one implied status. She is very confident about this and apparently knows her stuff, but I am not too sure - seems too easy. Although I would rather not contribute $500 towards the CIC Christmas Party if I don't have too. Can this be right - and if not where can I find the bottom line on this?
Old Jul 24th 2013, 11:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
Just started extending work visas online - whilst awaiting PNP (lots of begrudging angst,hurt,pain) and the wonderful lady in our HR has said do not apply for extension, do not fork out $500, do not pass go collect £200 etc) you are one implied status. She is very confident about this and apparently knows her stuff, but I am not too sure - seems too easy. Although I would rather not contribute $500 towards the CIC Christmas Party if I don't have too. Can this be right - and if not where can I find the bottom line on this?
I think she is incorrect.

Which Province have you applied to? I believe all of them require you to continue to hold a TWP whilst it is being processed - a valid current TWP - you are only on 'implied status' whilst you are waiting for CIC to approve your TWP application (or not) and until you receive a response from them. The quickest way to ascertain whether you are required is to check the Provincial Website.

Have you looked at the Bridging Open Work Permit?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/pe.../permanent.asp
Old Jul 25th 2013, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by siouxie
I think she is incorrect.

Which Province have you applied to? I believe all of them require you to continue to hold a TWP whilst it is being processed - a valid current TWP - you are only on 'implied status' whilst you are waiting for CIC to approve your TWP application (or not) and until you receive a response from them. The quickest way to ascertain whether you are required is to check the Provincial Website.

Have you looked at the Bridging Open Work Permit?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/pe.../permanent.asp
Yes - me thinks that too! Thanks, I have seen the Bridging Permit Option, but the link goes straight to where you would normally apply for a TWP extension in any case, and any mention of the Bridging Permit seems to disappear from there on.

Finally, as an aside I semi completed the forms online last week, uploaded and saved for further completion this week. Even checked - just to make sure they had been saved, however, this week every time I click my application I just go round in circles and it just seems to want me to apply again. Even though it is counting down the days until application expires.

Anyone else gone through this pain?

Last edited by Dorftrottel; Jul 25th 2013 at 12:18 am. Reason: I can't spull.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.