Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:00 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Did you change the file name when you saved it?
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

mikey_c_9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lloydies
Our application was processed all via email through Ottawa. Passports not requested, it went straight to CPR. I think it depends on how you're being processed. If your contact has been by post then you will probably receive a request for copies of passports, before CPR. I have a friend who applied before us, and her contact has been by post and she had to send a copy. I wouldn't send anything unless you have received a specific request. Good luck!
OK, that makes sense - we have been corresponding via email too.

Thanks for the reply!
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Did you change the file name when you saved it?
Thanks Jim - the problem is yesterday everytime I clicked on my application it went back to the start. Today it just sends me back to the eligibility - this is when I have signed in using GC Key. There seems no where where it says continue with your application. This is a hair pulling exercise and I might just start the whole thing again.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

baby_boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
Yes - me thinks that too! Thanks, I have seen the Bridging Permit Option, but the link goes straight to where you would normally apply for a TWP extension in any case, and any mention of the Bridging Permit seems to disappear from there on.

Finally, as an aside I semi completed the forms online last week, uploaded and saved for further completion this week. Even checked - just to make sure they had been saved, however, this week every time I click my application I just go round in circles and it just seems to want me to apply again. Even though it is counting down the days until application expires.

Anyone else gone through this pain?
At least you are lucky you can go through your online application. I tried doing online after few days their site was down for about 3 weeks. So I sent paper application and the processing time was awfully long. We are talking about CIC here, how efficient you think can they be?

Anyways after you are nominated, it have to get bridging work permit. And you have to apply 3 month BEFORE it expires. If you are applying after expiry, you have to check with CIC if you can continue to work as 'implied status'. Please get a letter from your provincial nominee office. In this letter your provincial nominee program will request CIC to extend the permit. And send the letter along with application.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Yep ... they must use the copies. I think it may have said somewhere! COPR is COPR ... that's what they call it on their letter, so I decided to hook up with their new term

Originally Posted by siouxie
Do you mean COPR? CPR is a 1st aid term, lol.

As you include a copy of your passport pages when you apply I wonder if that is all that is necessary now.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Yep ... they must use the copies. I think it may have said somewhere! COPR is COPR ... that's what they call it on their letter, so I decided to hook up with their new term
Or what I should've said was CPR is COPR!!!!
Old Jul 25th 2013, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baby_boy
At least you are lucky you can go through your online application. I tried doing online after few days their site was down for about 3 weeks. So I sent paper application and the processing time was awfully long. We are talking about CIC here, how efficient you think can they be?

Anyways after you are nominated, it have to get bridging work permit. And you have to apply 3 month BEFORE it expires. If you are applying after expiry, you have to check with CIC if you can continue to work as 'implied status'. Please get a letter from your provincial nominee office. In this letter your provincial nominee program will request CIC to extend the permit. And send the letter along with application.
Yeah ta for that - everything all sorted and ready to send - just going to hang on a few days - cos I know what will happen when I press 'fire' - the postman (letter carrier) will turn up with COPR and my $500 WP fees will be well spent by the government.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
Yeah ta for that - everything all sorted and ready to send - just going to hang on a few days - cos I know what will happen when I press 'fire' - the postman (letter carrier) will turn up with COPR and my $500 WP fees will be well spent by the government.
TWPs are $500 now? I remember paying $150 for my last one.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:00 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by MrWindUpBird
TWPs are $500 now? I remember paying $150 for my last one.
A work permit is still $150.00
Old Jul 26th 2013, 1:21 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

COPR arrived today ... One happy family. Good luck to you all, you can't be far behind. The new process is much quicker with everything by email.
Congrats that's great news you must be so releived!!! Ive just checked ours and weve changed to "descision made". We paid the fee on April 2nd, so im hoping not much more waiting. Your timeline is really quick
Old Jul 26th 2013, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Geordielass
Congrats that's great news you must be so releived!!! Ive just checked ours and weve changed to "descision made". We paid the fee on April 2nd, so im hoping not much more waiting. Your timeline is really quick
About time too!!
Old Jul 26th 2013, 1:59 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Smudger75

About time too!!
I know lol!!! Lets hope both our COPR's come soon eh?
Old Jul 26th 2013, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geordielass
Brilliant news. Finger crossed for you I heard recently of a guy receiving his letter only one week after the decision made status.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Brilliant news. Finger crossed for you I heard recently of a guy receiving his letter only one week after the decision made status.
A letter only one week after? Oh god that makes me feel sick. We are exactly 11 weeks now and I'm freaking out. Now they won't answer my emails either.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DoyleLinda
A letter only one week after? Oh god that makes me feel sick. We are exactly 11 weeks now and I'm freaking out. Now they won't answer my emails either.
I finally heard from CIC last night - it turns out that my COPR was issued in May, but never turned up. (Paid the RPRF and "Decision Made" way back in March). Now I'm hoping I can get the replacement document in time to land before my medical expires in a couple of weeks.

I am unable to understand why they can't send such an important document via courier or signed-for mail. I'd quite happily pay for it.

Do I need anything else when I go to the border? GTF list I know (Although I have no goods) but photos for PR card etc?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.