Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Jul 1st 2013, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Hi if you read the comments above it may give you some guideline on time frame. We are still waiting for our copr after almost 8 weeks. There's no set timeframe at all and they can't tell you when you email either so it's frustrating because my work permit and kids student permits are out of date soon and was really hoping that we would have it by now so I don't have to reapply for those plus the expense of them on top of the fees paid so far for PR. I'm praying every day it arrives by mail. Good luck.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 4:48 am
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

...12 weeks and still waiting for our copr!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Same here - must have got the guy on permanent sick leave!
Originally Posted by Geordielass
...12 weeks and still waiting for our copr!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Oh how frustrating. Have any of you sent an email to them to ask for an update? The waiting At this stage is so annoying.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 4:27 am
Just Joined

shee22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my COPR today so happy cant believe after waiting two yrs I have finally got it.Where would you recommend to flag pole as I live in calgary? Also as I have COPR would I be able to leave my employment straight away or would I need to wait for the permanent residence card to come?

Good Luck to everyone that is waiting I feel your frustration.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 5:11 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shee22
Got my COPR today so happy cant believe after waiting two yrs I have finally got it.Where would you recommend to flag pole as I live in calgary? Also as I have COPR would I be able to leave my employment straight away or would I need to wait for the permanent residence card to come?

Congrats!!

You can change jobs once you have 'landed' I believe.

You can find where the border services are here: http://apps.cbp.gov/bwt/ but the closest border crossing is at Carway directly south of Calgary.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 4th 2013 at 5:16 am.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:27 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
Same here - must have got the guy on permanent sick leave!
..are you 12 weeks as well? Isnt it frustrating
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:29 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Congratulations, you must be so relieved! You can go to Calgary airport apparently, is so much quicker than flag poling
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:33 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Originally Posted by DoyleLinda
Oh how frustrating. Have any of you sent an email to them to ask for an update? The waiting At this stage is so annoying.
Hi DoyleLinda, yes we did enquire and got the bog standard reply "please be patient you application is being dealt with" They did say priority would be given to all applications received before Dec 2011, however I know of a few applications later than that that have already been processed?
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordielass
Congratulations, you must be so relieved! You can go to Calgary airport apparently, is so much quicker than flag poling
Errrr no they can't as they must be seeking entry into Canada. Id be very surprised if Calgary allow people already in Canada to do this unless local management say its OK. I suggest a trip to Coutts or Carway or making an appointment with their local CIC office.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations shee, that's wonderful news and such a relief. Would you please add your timeline from when you received decision made to copr? Thanks. For the rest of us waiting, yes week 10 is now here so the waiting continues unfortunately. Best wishes.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Hi thanks everyone for all your help and advice.I spoke to the call centre and informed me that I cannot go to the airport as I am in Canada and that I have to cross the border.

I received decision made on June 24th and received my COPR yesterday,it might be that I received mine quick as my application was received in July 2011 in Buffalo and they are trying to finalise all applications before December 2011 first.

I really hope you will all here something soon.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 4:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks everyone for all your help and advice.I spoke to the call centre and informed me that I cannot go to the airport as I am in Canada and that I have to cross the border.

I received decision made on June 24th and received my COPR yesterday,it might be that I received mine quick as my application was received in July 2011 in Buffalo and they are trying to finalise all applications before December 2011 first.

I really hope you will all here something soon.
Former Lancastrian already explained that you can't 'land' at an airport when you are residing in Canada in his post - as he is a BSO his was the definitive answer.

Apart from either leaving the country and/or flagpoling you also have the option to 'land' at an inland CIC office.

Becoming a permanent resident
To become a permanent resident, any foreign national outside Canada needs to present their permanent resident visa at a port of entry to Canada.
As per policy decribed in Section 5.1 of this chapter, applicants whose permanent resident visa is issued while they are in Canada with a valid temporary resident status may:

• contact the Call Centre to request an appointment at a local CIC office to become a permanent resident at that location; or
• leave Canada and become a permanent resident upon re-entry to Canada at a port of entry.

Old Jul 4th 2013, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

It's upto 6wks before you can get an appointment at the cic office so I'm going to Carway instead.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It's upto 6wks before you can get an appointment at the cic office so I'm going to Carway instead.
See CBSA do care

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.