The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old Aug 8th 2012, 2:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read from various members' posts about medicals, it seems like it is all very subjective and down to the doctor carrying it out in terms of what they actually assess you for? Do you have to take some kind of form with you??
This may help you
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...ppendix-02.asp
Old Aug 8th 2012, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - wow, that is lengthy! I don't understand the bit about photos - it asks for negatives where applicable but I can't find reference to this in the guide. I am only asking as we have been asked to provide more photos to send back with the forms and we could just get double the amount. It will be challenging enough getting one from my 1 year old I think!
Old Aug 8th 2012, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

cde219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I have seen from different posts some ask for smear results and some don't! So we were thinking best to be prepared in case they ask for it but when I phone the DR to make an appointment I am going to ask him what he wants us to bring along.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cde219
Hey Angelic, jane and Dave n Ailsa

Thanks very much and thanks for the info we shall get the new forms printed off tonight and get on the phone to the DR at newcastle for an appointment!

My wife is concerned they will want an up to date smear test result off her and she had 1 booked in for Tuesday as she due 1 but we have no idea how long it takes to get the results and if this will hold us up waiting for results?

Also the stress is starting to kick in even more now as I do worry about my eye!
I have mentioned it before on another post as I had a accident last year which resulted in me having a plastic lense transplant!
I don't have any probs with it apart from I use eye drops a lot as it gets dry and sore but I do have a blind spot
I worry if I need to do a close up eye test I will struggle slightly but an eye test from a distance I will be fine and I will tell the DR it doesn't cause me any problems and any ways he will see straight away if he looks in my eye that I have a plastic lense but I am praying it won't cause any problems with our emigration

Good luck all and hope your medicals are on their way
erm here goes.....the information from the medical centre i went to specified what i needed to take. a copy of my last smear test which as May 11 was fine although i should imagine anything over the 3 year review period thats usually in place anyway, i think would prompt a new test request.

i think canada are more bothered about long term illnesses that will cost the country and its systems if you have something that causes long periods of absence from work they may also want to delve further as they will want people who can pay their way and support growth rather then bleed their benefit systems. im sure your eye will be fine as its not impacting on your abilities

Last edited by angelic applicant; Aug 8th 2012 at 9:13 am. Reason: mis spelling
Old Aug 9th 2012, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by angelic applicant
erm here goes.....the information from the medical centre i went to specified what i needed to take. a copy of my last smear test which as May 11 was fine although i should imagine anything over the 3 year review period thats usually in place anyway, i think would prompt a new test request.

i think canada are more bothered about long term illnesses that will cost the country and its systems if you have something that causes long periods of absence from work they may also want to delve further as they will want people who can pay their way and support growth rather then bleed their benefit systems. im sure your eye will be fine as its not impacting on your abilities

Thanks for the info angelic

Well we booked in for next Friday the 17th at Newcastle as its the day we both off work and DR told us he needs urine samples and that we can bring them from home as he understands its hard trying to get children to pee on demand lol, 2 passport pics each also copy of our passport BIO page and our passport as ID and letters with our photo on that we got in our medical request and that's all!
we booked in on the afternoon for our xrays and he seemed a really nice chatty chap on the phone so hope he's the same when we go for our medicals as it will help loads on the blood pressure if the DR doesn't make you feel on edge I suppose lol

I will keep you's updated how we get on with them
Old Aug 16th 2012, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

annnnnd breathe......forms etc just sent to london as requested after medicals back to the waiting game not too long xxx
Old Aug 19th 2012, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck Angelic

Well we had our medicals last Friday at Newcastle and DR Howarth was a nice chap and full of apologies for the cost of the medicals which cost including xrays £1100 for 2 adults and a child 10 and 12 and he told us he wasn't doing them for much longer!!

everything went ok we hope

I have to send DR Howarth a copy of my discharge letter from the hospital to my GP as I didn't take it with me but he said my eye should cause no probs for our emigration he just wanted to add it into my medical forms in case they decided they wanted it and he didn't want it to delay our emigration! I rang the DRs on the way home and they had 1 waiting for me to pick up so I was pleased about that

my wife had laser eye surgery in 1 of her eyes and doesn't wear glasses as she manages fine now but when she did the eye test she really struggled with her weakest eye so the Dr asked her to get a prescription from her optician! again he just said they so picky and they might want to know why her eye had quite poor sight in and to to get this info and send it to him to send with our medicals so it doesn't hold the jobby up! My wife managed to get in at her opticians when we got home and the optician done an eye test and wrote her a prescription.

Ou chest xrays went ok we praying!
the lady said I had a perfect clear chest and I am hoping she was been honest lol
My daughters should be fine she's only 12.
My wife's also should be fine none of us are smokers either so we hoping they all come back clear but my wife was blessed on her chest area lol so she had a word with the lady as she heard large breasts could cast a shadow on the chest xrays and the lady agreed and had a word with her colleague and they changed something on the xray machine to try and avoid it!

we sending all the info over to Dr Howarth today and we got our international bankers draft last saturday and what a carry on that was the bank didn't have a clue!
So we spent ages in the bank while they sorted it and then I think they forgot to charge us for it lol
So my wife is going to the post office to send our RPRF and the new forms they wanted by recorded delivery and sending the info DR Howarth wanted today aswell then its back to stalking the postman out lol

anybody heard anything yet?
Old Aug 19th 2012, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!!

Can I just ask if you need dates of all immunisations??

Thanks,

Jane
Old Aug 19th 2012, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jane and no we didn't the DR just asked if all immunisations were up to date.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that. Just trying to be prepared!

Is it just me or did/does everyone else go through massive emotional highs and lows during this whole process?!!! There are some days when I just think it's never going to actually happen.... I'm still waiting for the bloody FBI record checks and it's driving me crazy!!!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 1:47 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

I go through it every day

Apart from the PR application in process, we also have the possibility of a TWP through a work transfer, which is driving us insane.

We don't know if we should be planning on a move next year (if the PR comes through soon) or if we should be planning a move in a few months (if the work transfer materialises)

All we want is a date! whether that be in a month or a year, it's the uncertainty that's killing us.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Glad to know it's not just us! We must be mad to go through this emotional rollercoaster voluntarily!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future

OMG.....I sent our additional documents and RRFP via Canada post in registered mail...they cannot tell me if it has been delivered or not....can anybody tell me do they count the 60 working days or do they count weekends....why didnt i courier it!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm not sure but I sent them an email to say that we are unable to meet their 60 day deadline because of the FBI check taking ages and they replied saying they have put a note on our file to say we need additional time. If you are worried, I would send them a note to say it has been sent... It can't hurt can it?
Old Aug 21st 2012, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
I'm not sure but I sent them an email to say that we are unable to meet their 60 day deadline because of the FBI check taking ages and they replied saying they have put a note on our file to say we need additional time. If you are worried, I would send them a note to say it has been sent... It can't hurt can it?
Thanks Jane i have sent them an email...how long did they take to get back to you??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.