Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 1:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN MAY***

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
I have been brain storming ideas so I could have the entrepreneur visa route as a Plan B or C. Came up with a great Idea last night though Im not sure how feasible it is
You know the entrepreneur program is currently on hold?
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 1:54 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You know the entrepreneur program is currently on hold?
Sorry is it called something else now?, It the new visa where its supported by equity firms

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787272
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 1:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Sorry is it called something else now?, It the new visa where its supported by equity firms

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787272
Ah, that's the Start Up Visa. The Entrepreneur program is a different thing.

Hopefully they'll tell everybody the criteria soon. My guess is that it will be very similar to the Entrepreneur program but just a more updated version, so a certain amount of years business experience required etc. But if you currently run your own business then that could be a great Plan B.

Good luck!
Old Feb 25th 2013, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

petal39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

Hi everyone,

Arrrgghh, isn't it so annoying how the recent tweet throws the whole premise of such a broad range of occupations back to a 'list'! I also thought it seemed like quite a deviation from the previous 29 categories.

Anyone any inkling as to whether IT (e.g. developer programmer, analyst) may be on the 'list' we now know about and expect out in April? Much will depend on how fast we can get our educational credentials assessed!!!

Thanks, Petal
Old Feb 25th 2013, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Originally Posted by petal39
Hi everyone,

Arrrgghh, isn't it so annoying how the recent tweet throws the whole premise of such a broad range of occupations back to a 'list'! I also thought it seemed like quite a deviation from the previous 29 categories.

Anyone any inkling as to whether IT (e.g. developer programmer, analyst) may be on the 'list' we now know about and expect out in April? Much will depend on how fast we can get our educational credentials assessed!!!

Thanks, Petal
I think it will not be on the list of jobs, as it was not on the last list.
But you never no.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by graham and george
I think it will not be on the list of jobs, as it was not on the last list.
But you never no.
Well that's a strange sort of logic. On that basis, the list would never change, or if it did, would only get smaller.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
Well that's a strange sort of logic. On that basis, the list would never change, or if it did, would only get smaller.
It's not really a strange logic, as it seems the majority of occupations in demand in Canada haven't changed much. The same occupations that crop up time and time again (nurses, electricians, plumbers, etc) are always on 'the list', as they were on the old 'Occupations Under Pressure' lists (exempt from LMO's) etc.

Some changes, yes, but it's likely that most will stay the same IMO. Personally, I would agree with graham and george that petal39's occupation is unlikely to be on 'the list', as it never has been in the past (the only IT related occupation ever to be on it was IT Managers), plus things like the IT LMO exemption scheme was ended a couple of years ago, which is another indication that it's not an industry in demand in Canada (or at least as much in demand as others).

But it's all just guesswork unfortunately until CIC release the list. Good luck to everybody waiting and hoping their occupation is on it.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Law-Burnett Family has a brilliant futureLaw-Burnett Family has a brilliant futureLaw-Burnett Family has a brilliant futureLaw-Burnett Family has a brilliant futureLaw-Burnett Family has a brilliant futureLaw-Burnett Family has a brilliant futureLaw-Burnett Family has a brilliant futureLaw-Burnett Family has a brilliant future

Does anyone think that 7271 carpenters will be on the new list? (For alberta)
Old Feb 27th 2013, 6:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Law-Burnett Family
Does anyone think that 7271 carpenters will be on the new list? (For alberta)
Pretty sure they won't be, as they come under the Skilled Trades program, so personally I don't think CIC will put them on two lists.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 9:34 am
Canadian Wannabe :-)

BabyG will become famous soon enoughBabyG will become famous soon enough

What about.....
Careers adviser?
Educational adviser?
Employment adviser?
Old Feb 27th 2013, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Police Officer???
Old Feb 27th 2013, 4:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by BabyG
What about.....
Careers adviser?
Educational adviser?
Employment adviser?
I'd be surprised if they were on as they've never been in demand to my knowledge, but it's possible.

Originally Posted by jim2001
Police Officer???
Highly unlike IMO, don't think any police forces are recruiting from abroad at the mo, and as they haven't done so for a couple of years I don't think the demand is there.

This is all just guesswork from me though, no crystal ball I'm afraid!
Old Feb 27th 2013, 5:04 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'd be surprised if they were on as they've never been in demand to my knowledge, but it's possible.

Highly unlike IMO, don't think any police forces are recruiting from abroad at the mo, and as they haven't done so for a couple of years I don't think the demand is there.

This is all just guesswork from me though, no crystal ball I'm afraid!
I would agree with that - highly unlikely to see those ones appear. Anything medical is likely to be on it - be you RGN, LPN, Doctor, Dentist, Physio etc etc
Old Mar 1st 2013, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

sss84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.

I have been reading the forum for the last few months but this is my very first post.

Firstly can I say that the contributions, whether fact or opinion, on this forum has made the idea of pursuing a life away from the UK much easier to contemplate and a lot more appealing.

Myself and my wife are both looking to emigrate via the FSW route. As recently mentioned on the forum, Minister Kenny tweeted that a new occupations list is to be released.

I had a query for the people of the forum who have knowledge of the construction industry out there in Vancouver.

I have been working as a Contracts/Project Manager for a construction company in the UK for the last 7 years, since my graduation. I have looked at roles in the Vancouver area and applied to approximately 20 vacancies, with Covering letters and emails explaining my role as a project manager, my emigration idea and just general information on my career.

I have to date not received a single reply, not an email of acknowledgment or thank you for applying.

I have asked family members out there and on a recent visit saw the vast amounts of construction being undertaken, but are foreign workers even likely to find work in my industry even if the FSW list includes my field of work?

Is there anyone on the forum who can give me a little directions or has contacts in the industry who require such skills?

I assume that the new list may contain a heading, within which my occupation will fall, would I be right in thinking this?

Apologies for waffling or sounding like a sob story, I just really wanted some direction on a personal level, as the forum has provided me with so much in general.

Any feedback, both positive or negative are welcomed, as it will be used constructively to weigh up the decisions of applying or not.

Thanks all for your time.

SSS
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:48 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sss84
Hi everyone, hope you are all well.

I have been reading the forum for the last few months but this is my very first post.

Firstly can I say that the contributions, whether fact or opinion, on this forum has made the idea of pursuing a life away from the UK much easier to contemplate and a lot more appealing.

Myself and my wife are both looking to emigrate via the FSW route. As recently mentioned on the forum, Minister Kenny tweeted that a new occupations list is to be released.

I had a query for the people of the forum who have knowledge of the construction industry out there in Vancouver.

I have been working as a Contracts/Project Manager for a construction company in the UK for the last 7 years, since my graduation. I have looked at roles in the Vancouver area and applied to approximately 20 vacancies, with Covering letters and emails explaining my role as a project manager, my emigration idea and just general information on my career.

I have to date not received a single reply, not an email of acknowledgment or thank you for applying.

I have asked family members out there and on a recent visit saw the vast amounts of construction being undertaken, but are foreign workers even likely to find work in my industry even if the FSW list includes my field of work?

Is there anyone on the forum who can give me a little directions or has contacts in the industry who require such skills?

I assume that the new list may contain a heading, within which my occupation will fall, would I be right in thinking this?

Apologies for waffling or sounding like a sob story, I just really wanted some direction on a personal level, as the forum has provided me with so much in general.

Any feedback, both positive or negative are welcomed, as it will be used constructively to weigh up the decisions of applying or not.

Thanks all for your time.

SSS
One quick response - you need to call and chase up on job applications. E-mails just don't work in the same way here - speaking to people works. Pick up the phone and call or come over and meet some employers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.