Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

DingDandDoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

thanks,is it first come first serve for the visas?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:00 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DingDandDoo
thanks,is it first come first serve for the visas?
Pretty much - depending on if the application submitted meets the requirements, but there is a cap to the number of applicants they will accept so it will be a mad dash to submit I suspect.

Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

hmmm, dont think i would have my docs ready in time. The ielts takes like 13 days before you get results. Is there a link for the points test, there ws a mention of the pass been 67. Couldnt find anything on this.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm, dont think i would have my docs ready in time. The ielts takes like 13 days before you get results. Is there a link for the points test, there ws a mention of the pass been 67. Couldnt find anything on this.
I answered your other question on this on the other thread

Look around the CIC website - all the information you need is on there under the "immigrate" > FSW tabs

Direct link to self assessment test: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...sess/index.asp

Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

haha thanks
Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

took the test, just got 67 on the button haha. Will applicants with more than 67 points be looked on more favourably for this visa would you know?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:28 pm
Banned

took the test, just got 67 on the button haha. Will applicants with more than 67 points be looked on more favourably for this visa would you know?
That is the minimum requirement.. any less and you wouldn't be able to apply. How many extra you have is of no consequence, to my knowledge.

There is a long response for you in the other thread you posted to.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

petal39 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's not really a strange logic, as it seems the majority of occupations in demand in Canada haven't changed much. The same occupations that crop up time and time again (nurses, electricians, plumbers, etc) are always on 'the list', as they were on the old 'Occupations Under Pressure' lists (exempt from LMO's) etc.

Some changes, yes, but it's likely that most will stay the same IMO. Personally, I would agree with graham and george that petal39's occupation is unlikely to be on 'the list', as it never has been in the past (the only IT related occupation ever to be on it was IT Managers), plus things like the IT LMO exemption scheme was ended a couple of years ago, which is another indication that it's not an industry in demand in Canada (or at least as much in demand as others).

But it's all just guesswork unfortunately until CIC release the list. Good luck to everybody waiting and hoping their occupation is on it.
Hello all! Well we're thrilled to see that despite hunches on the forum that IT would not be on the list, it is!! Computer Programmer 2174 here we come ...... fingers crossed

One out of two Uni info requirements were posted to WES for assessment yesterday (luckily one is in the city we live, so went along in person to put the pressure on), and hopefully other Uni will post their's on Mon/Tues next week. Police checks will be posted Monday and our IELTS certificates ready to go. Plan to complete all the visa paperwork this week so it's all ready when we (again, fingers crossed) hopefully get a positive qualification assessment back from WES.

I guess with such a slim quota per occupation, everyone is in the same boat having to wait for the assessments to wing their way back before they can submit their full visa application.

Anyone else out there racing against the clock here ......

Best Wishes, Petal X