Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

Old Feb 21st 2013, 2:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default ***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

Just FYI, Jason Keeney has announced via Twitter this morning that there WILL be an occupation list for the new FSW program opening in May after all.

"We've decided to release the list of designated educational assessment agencies at same time as the occupations list, in April." and "The new intake of FSWP applications this May will have a numerical cap and be limited to certain occupational categories"

I know this will come as a bitter blow to many on the forum who have been assuming that they will be eligible to apply in May when that's not the case, and I hope that people haven't spent too much time/money assuming that they can apply based on Mr Kenney's previous tweet (which said there would be no occupation list).
Old Feb 21st 2013, 2:12 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN MAY***

Jason Kenney
Confirmed to twitter users as follows:- The new intake of FSWP applications this May will have a numerical cap and be limited to certain occupational categories.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 2:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Jason Kenney
Confirmed to twitter users as follows:- The new intake of FSWP applications this May will have a numerical cap and be limited to certain occupational categories.
Is there an echo in here?!

It's really awful I think, to tell people that there won't be a list and then change things. Bloody politicians.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 2:14 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how much I have spent so far, but Im hedging my bets on getting TWP and going through BC PNP or the CEC route, as the more time that passed the more it seemed the FSW was going to turn into an ugly duck shoot
Old Feb 21st 2013, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Is there an echo in here?!

It's really awful I think, to tell people that there won't be a list and then change things. Bloody politicians.
Echo indeed its one of my many hidden talents including being able to see into the future

I Thought I would mention there was a follow up tweet that confirmed his earlier tweet
Old Feb 21st 2013, 2:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
I Thought I would mention there was a follow up tweet that confirmed his earlier tweet
I did quote it in the first post, hence my echo comment.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Toss.....anyway they don't care
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the heads up Christmasoompa!
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Boogler is an unknown quantity at this point

I suppose I should be suprised, but I'm really not. It'll be good news for those lucky few with occupations on the list. Shame his original tweet isn't legally binding
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:08 pm

I did quote it in the first post, hence my echo comment.
Ops I must be having a blonde moment
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

"We've decided to release the list of designated educational assessment agencies at same time as the occupations list, in April." and "The new intake of FSWP applications this May will have a numerical cap and be limited to certain occupational categories"(
LOL! You've got to otherwise you'll cry.

After all the soul searching about signing with a immigration consultant I signed up for one yesterday.

It was always a gamble that the FSW wouldn't have my occupation on it but to be announced via twitter (and not on the CIC wesbite) is a bit of an annoyance.

Ho hum, hope for the best and keep going. It's only money after all. A whole lot of f**king money.

Followed by...

Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
It was always a gamble that the FSW wouldn't have my occupation on it but to be announced via twitter (and not on the CIC wesbite) is a bit of an annoutance.
What do you do? If it's one of the usual ones that have been on there over the past few years (nurse, doctor etc) then you should be ok. If not, then time to find that Plan B!
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

I'm an accountant.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
I'm an accountant.
OK, so not on the last 'list', but it has been on it in the past. So in with a shot!

Good luck.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

OK, so not on the last 'list', but it has been on it in the past. So in with a shot!

Good luck.
Is there anywhere where you can see the historic lists?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.