Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

Old Mar 20th 2013, 3:56 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean the jobs that are eligible to apply as FSW with a job offer? Because that's anything that is 'skilled' i.e. NOC Level A, O or B on the Matrix. There isn't a list of those occupations, because it's literally thousands of them!

But if I've misunderstood what list you're referring to then shout and hopefully I can try and help.
I found this to be quite useful in ascertaining what jobs are within the A, O & B classifications, thought I would post it for those seeking further info.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...ml/Matrix.html
Old Mar 21st 2013, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If you use the main NOC website in the bottom left corner you can type in an occupation in the quick search field e.g. grave digger. It will then show results in this case NOC code 8612. Then go to the NOC matrix to see which skill level it falls under.
Play around with names for the occupation and you should find it.
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...1/Welcome.aspx
Old Apr 1st 2013, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

I wonder when in April?
Old Apr 1st 2013, 5:36 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

End of April so you have a matter of days to get your credentials assessed and get your app in for 4th May
Old Apr 1st 2013, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
End of April so you have a matter of days to get your credentials assessed and get your app in for 4th May
It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Solution?

and more

Old Apr 1st 2013, 5:50 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Solution?

and more

I don't think your drinking enough
Old Apr 1st 2013, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

I don't think your drinking enough
You're right. Now what've I got in the fridge?
Old Apr 1st 2013, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
You're right. Now what've I got in the fridge?
I have supplies if your short , including a large bottle of tequila
Old Apr 1st 2013, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

I have supplies if your short , including a large bottle of tequila
No thanks I'm good. I just went to the offie to replenish this evening's supplies (which a drank during the afternoon).
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering how in good faith the Government has not yet realised the information yet? Do they really expect us to complete this in a week?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 1:39 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floatsy
I'm wondering how in good faith the Government has not yet realised the information yet? Do they really expect us to complete this in a week?
No - they want to delay you - hence the delayed announcement. They don't want millions of applications landing at the CIO office on May 4th - they want them in dribs and drabs.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

OK Fair enough (fair!?) but I think it stinks

Thanks.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
No - they want to delay you - hence the delayed announcement. They don't want millions of applications landing at the CIO office on May 4th - they want them in dribs and drabs.

The thing is, that's going to happen whatever unless they stagger the publication of whichever jobs are on the list. When they finally do announce it everyone will, as far as possible, be prepared, and the end result is a deluge of applications.

If they think they need more time to clear historic back logs it'd be more reasonable, in my opinion, to admit they can't clear enough of the back log in time, announce that the May 4th date has slipped and will be postponed till a later date and allow people to continue to pursue their preparation in a more relaxed and organised fashion.

The inconsistent messages (i.e. Jason Kenney announcing via twitter that there would be no demand list then announcing that there would be) have cost me, and potentially others a lot of money. If I'd had known there would be a demand list I'd have never have engaged a representative until the list was announced.

I kind of feel like the whole thing is a bit of a cartel. There's a nice little Canadian Immigration industry going on here. I guess if they provided clear and unambiguous information it may cause economic harm, however small, to this seemingly lucrative 'export' trade.

Last edited by gb_griffiths; Apr 3rd 2013 at 5:01 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

And very usefully on CIC twitter:
https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada

"Information on the new federal skilled workers program has not yet been released."

What's the point in tweeting NO information?????????
Old Apr 4th 2013, 9:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
And very usefully on CIC twitter:
https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada

"Information on the new federal skilled workers program has not yet been released."

What's the point in tweeting NO information?????????
It was a reply to a question asked by somebody else, it's not like they just put it for the sake of it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.