Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

Old Apr 16th 2013, 9:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

Originally Posted by floatsy
It's halfway through the month now. Maybe they are having a laugh.
You do know that they don't normally announce 'the list' until a day or two before it's implemented? I know they've said it will be announced in April (unless they change their mind, there are of course rumours that they'll delay it further past May!) but I doubt they'll change the usual way of doing things.

Perhaps they'll surprise us all and announce it this Friday, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's left until the very last minute as usual.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:23 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You do know that they don't normally announce 'the list' until a day or two before it's implemented? I know they've said it will be announced in April (unless they change their mind, there are of course rumours that they'll delay it further past May!) but I doubt they'll change the usual way of doing things.

Perhaps they'll surprise us all and announce it this Friday, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's left until the very last minute as usual.
I'm with you on this - I think any announcement will be made a day or two before 4th May. They have nothing to gain by announcing it any earlier than that.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

No I didn't know that, so thank you both for the heads up.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 7:16 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I'm with you on this - I think any announcement will be made a day or two before 4th May. They have nothing to gain by announcing it any earlier than that.
You might be a bit off with the dates. Just saying.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 7:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orly
Care to be a bit more specific for the sake of anybody reading?
Old Apr 17th 2013, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Care to be a bit more specific for the sake of anybody reading?
Yeah yeah yeah. Tell us wotcha got.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 1:09 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orly
Meaning??
Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Associatively, do you think it is a good bet that they will change all the forms at the last minute?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by floatsy
Associatively, do you think it is a good bet that they will change all the forms at the last minute?
I think it is safe to bet Schedule 3 will change - hopefully none of the others will but you never can tell with them :0)
Old Apr 18th 2013, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Amy!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:43 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

I forget which one is schedule 3?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Edit: **Oops - just realized how slow I actually am in posting this - and there I was thinking I was being helpful!**

I think this is what you guys are waiting for?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2013-04-18.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-04-18.asp

The eligible occupations stream will have an overall cap of 5,000 new applications and sub-caps of 300 applications in each of the 24 occupations on the list.

Eligible occupations (with their corresponding 2011 National Occupation Classification code):
•0211 Engineering managers
•1112 Financial and investment analysts
•2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers
•2131 Civil engineers
•2132 Mechanical engineers
•2134 Chemical engineers
•2143 Mining engineers
•2144 Geological engineers
•2145 Petroleum engineers
•2146 Aerospace engineers
•2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)
•2154 Land surveyors
•2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
•2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
•2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
•3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
•3142 Physiotherapists
•3143 Occupational Therapists
•3211 Medical laboratory technologists
•3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants
•3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
•3215 Medical radiation technologists
•3216 Medical sonographers
•3217 Cardiology technicians and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c. (not elsewhere classified)

Last edited by witchileiz; Apr 18th 2013 at 7:08 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

DingDandDoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, whats the process in applying for this. I work as a computer engineer and its on the list. Do i need a job offer for this visa?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

El Supremo is an unknown quantity at this point

That is an outrageously limited job list.

Good luck to anyone who doesn't fall within that list - looks like you'll have to get a job offer before you're allowed in (which, I would say, without a visa is next to impossible)!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:44 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DingDandDoo
Guys, whats the process in applying for this. I work as a computer engineer and its on the list. Do i need a job offer for this visa?
No job offer required. You ascertain if you meet the requirements, get your qualifications recognised (if necessary); take the language testing, fill out all the forms and submit them when it comes open on 4th May.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.