Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN APRIL***

Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ***FSW - OCCUPATION LIST TO BE ANNOUNCED IN MAY***

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
Is there anywhere where you can see the historic lists?
My head! But the last one is in the Wiki (the article called 'the list') and I'm sure you could find the previous on the forum somewhere if you search the threads.

Your occupation was on it previously, taken off on 26th June 2010 if that helps.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 6:13 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
My head! But the last one is in the Wiki (the article called 'the list') and I'm sure you could find the previous on the forum somewhere if you search the threads.

Your occupation was on it previously, taken off on 26th June 2010 if that helps.
My head has them all stashed in there as well!
Old Feb 21st 2013, 6:15 pm
Canadian Wannabe :-)

BabyG will become famous soon enoughBabyG will become famous soon enough

Well, I guess that takes me out of the running too now!
Hmmm.... To continue or not to continue... That's the question now!
I knew it was too good to be true.

#gutted
Old Feb 21st 2013, 6:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
My head has them all stashed in there as well!
Not that we're a couple of saddos or anything.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 6:26 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BabyG
Well, I guess that takes me out of the running too now!
Hmmm.... To continue or not to continue... That's the question now!
I knew it was too good to be true.

#gutted
You should still continue to gather bits together - what will be on the list? Your occupation could very well be. At least it it IS mentioned on the list in April, you will have everything nearly ready to go, rather than having to rush around trying to get it sorted out. Positive thoughts!
Old Feb 21st 2013, 7:36 pm
Canadian Wannabe :-)

BabyG will become famous soon enoughBabyG will become famous soon enough

Very true... And I will

I've contacted all my previous employers this last week and they have all agreed to send what they can - I'm sooooo not going to call them all back and tell them not to bother... How silly would that look!

I'm sending out positive thoughts... My occupation is in the O, A or B category they keep mentioning, so if it's based on that, then maybe there is hope yet.
Although that grid has not failed in its mission to confuse me too....

Well... Plan B has been in place since the start (NC PNP).... Plan C = meet and marry a Canadian

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
You should still continue to gather bits together - what will be on the list? Your occupation could very well be. At least it it IS mentioned on the list in April, you will have everything nearly ready to go, rather than having to rush around trying to get it sorted out. Positive thoughts!
Old Feb 21st 2013, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

outwardbound2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I've been lurking around the forum for a little while, but this is my first post. So firstly hello all :-)

We're intending to apply for FSW in May and have been gathering together all the docs, evidence etc. Already spent a fair amount of money on IELTS, police certs, certificates etc. So this is really worrying news.

However I'm confused, as my occupation falls into category 0124, so in the 0 category. Does this mean that my occupation automatically counts and that the list is in addition to the O, A and B categories? Or is it only 'the list' that is relevant?

Could anyone shed any light on this please?
Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2013, 8:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by outwardbound2013
However I'm confused, as my occupation falls into category 0124, so in the 0 category. Does this mean that my occupation automatically counts and that the list is in addition to the O, A and B categories? Or is it only 'the list' that is relevant?
Unfortunately, the fact that it's 'skilled' means nothing if there is an occupation list. The 'skilled' categories (i.e. O, A or B skill level) is literally thousands of jobs, but the list of occupations will be pretty small I'd imagine - last time there were only 29 eligible occupations (here - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/THE_LIST-Canada).

0124 has never been on the occupations in demand list, but all you can do is keep an eye on when CIC release the list, and have a back up plan in case you're not eligible.

HTH a bit.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Unfortunately, the fact that it's 'skilled' means nothing if there is an occupation list. The 'skilled' categories (i.e. O, A or B skill level) is literally thousands of jobs, but the list of occupations will be pretty small I'd imagine - last time there were only 29 eligible occupations (here - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/THE_LIST-Canada).

0124 has never been on the occupations in demand list, but all you can do is keep an eye on when CIC release the list, and have a back up plan in case you're not eligible.

HTH a bit.
Thank you for clarifying christmasoompa, looking at the list (whilst appreciating that it may not remain the same) I could potentially tailor my occupation under 1122 'Professional Business Services to Management' instead of 0124. I've worked as a client services professional in advertising agencies for over 12years, and my job description seems to fit into several different categories within the CIC descriptions... which seems odd to me but maybe there is some hope if this category does come up again.

Last edited by outwardbound2013; Feb 21st 2013 at 8:34 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 8:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by outwardbound2013
Thank you for clarifying christmasoompa, looking at the list (whilst appreciating that it may not remain the same) I could potentially tailor my occupation under 1122 'Professional Business Services to Management' instead of 0124. I've worked as a client services professional in advertising agencies for over 12years, and my job description seems to fit into several different categories within the CIC descriptions... which seems odd to me but maybe there is some hope if this category does come up again.
I doubt it will tbh, 1122 was too vague and the quota filled within days last time, so it was predicted that it would be removed from the list. But you never know!

Do look in to other visa options as well though just in case.

Best of luck.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Ah ok, yes will start looking at other options. So frustrating!
Thanks for your help
Old Feb 21st 2013, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Cic change their mind , surely not
Old Feb 21st 2013, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

Curiouser and curiouser.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 3:20 am
British European at heart

Arewemad is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so annoyed they have just announced this now. Only yesterday my husband and I signed up for and paid for our IELTS tests!! My only saving grace is that I am at least in Canada on a SOWP not in the right job yet, but have only been here 4 weeks and got my current job in 1 day. Fingers crossed a decent job comes up and I can go for FSW 2, BC PNP or CEC. At least we, as a family, still have options. We love it here in North Van and really don't want to go back to the UK.

Good luck to anyone else who was hoping to apply and now can't. Crossing fingers for all.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 1:43 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

I have been brain storming ideas so I could have the entrepreneur visa route as a Plan B or C. Came up with a great Idea last night though Im not sure how feasible it is

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.