Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Old Nov 23rd 2021, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Went to Marcali document office to activate an I.D card and the person there said that they have received an email advising them about expats applying for cards so maybe they have notified all offices now??
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by enter
Went to Marcali document office to activate an I.D card and the person there said that they have received an email advising them about expats applying for cards so maybe they have notified all offices now??
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Very much doubt it.

I went back to the Immigration Dept in Miskolc this morning who said they have no authority over district offices and were therefore unable to make contact with my local Kormanyablak. According to her you can obtain your ID from any kormanyablak irrespective of where you live, and suggested I make an appointment with one of the two in Miskolc itself which is what I have done.
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
Very much doubt it.

I went back to the Immigration Dept in Miskolc this morning who said they have no authority over district offices and were therefore unable to make contact with my local Kormanyablak. According to her you can obtain your ID from any kormanyablak irrespective of where you live, and suggested I make an appointment with one of the two in Miskolc itself which is what I have done.
Sachina

Never mentioned the immigration offices. This news is from an employee of the Kormanyablak (document office) where you apply for your I.D Card.
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Sachina

Never mentioned the immigration offices. This news is from an employee of the Kormanyablak (document office) where you apply for your I.D Card.
But why couldn't I get mine from Emöd? I had a letter in Hungarian and English.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I received an email from the British Embassy in Budapest requesting some details from me and saying they will investigate the matter further with the appropriate Hungarian Department.
Old Nov 28th 2021, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Yesterday I received an email from the British Embassy in Budapest requesting some details from me and saying they will investigate the matter further with the appropriate Hungarian Department.
Finally, they are responding.

Are you still going on Tuesday?
Our window fitters will probably still be here so won't be able to go ahead with booking anything.
Old Nov 28th 2021, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Finally, they are responding.

Are you still going on Tuesday?
Our window fitters will probably still be here so won't be able to go ahead with booking anything.
Yes. I have an appointment for 11.30 am. I'm meeting Gabor in town and we'll walk to the district office with the dogs. Hopefully there won't be any problem as it's a straightforward process and I think my Hungarian should be able to cope. If not Gabor will be waiting outside to translate if necessary.

I'll let you know how I get on.
Old Nov 28th 2021, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I have an appointment for 11.30 am. I'm meeting Gabor in town and we'll walk to the district office with the dogs. Hopefully there won't be any problem as it's a straightforward process and I think my Hungarian should be able to cope. If not Gabor will be waiting outside to translate if necessary.

I'll let you know how I get on.
Don't forget your mask !
Old Dec 1st 2021, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Having recently received conflicting information (from the same person in the Miskolc office!) about how te get my id card, we went to the Eger immigration office yesterday, without an appointment. It was fairly quiet and we were seen quickly. My wife explained that I needed to return my old residence permit before I could be issued with an id card and that's what we were there for. The officer hadn't got a clue what to do. Fortunately, her colleague did! We have met her colleague numerous times over the years so she knows who we are and is always very friendly and helpful. My card was returned, that fact was entered into their system and I received a printed letter/receipt and was told that my card will be available in due course, maybe up to a month. She couldn't explain why I have experienced a delay but assured me everything will be sorted soon. We'll see.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
Having recently received conflicting information (from the same person in the Miskolc office!) about how te get my id card, we went to the Eger immigration office yesterday, without an appointment. It was fairly quiet and we were seen quickly. My wife explained that I needed to return my old residence permit before I could be issued with an id card and that's what we were there for. The officer hadn't got a clue what to do. Fortunately, her colleague did! We have met her colleague numerous times over the years so she knows who we are and is always very friendly and helpful. My card was returned, that fact was entered into their system and I received a printed letter/receipt and was told that my card will be available in due course, maybe up to a month. She couldn't explain why I have experienced a delay but assured me everything will be sorted soon. We'll see.
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

On Tuesday an English speaking Hungarian friend and I went to the Miskolc Hivital to apply for an ID. I was told (for the 3rd time) that I don't need one. We then asked to speak to the supervisor and my friend showed her the directive, in Hungarian, from the Central Office for Administrative and Electronic Public Service where it clearly states that "settled persons" which includes holders of Resident Permits are "obliged" to hold an ID. The Supervisor's answer was words to the effect that although that may be what it says in the directive, that is not what it means. After nearly an hour of going round in circles we gave up.

All this information has been relayed to Jon Ainge of the FB group "British in Hungary" as well as the British Embassy. The British Embassy have informed us both that they have taken up the matter with the relevant Hungarian government department and will report back as soon as they have some answers.

Last edited by Sachina; Dec 3rd 2021 at 8:56 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

We had this conversation on Facebook
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

We had this conversation on Facebook
So are you saying I shouldn't have posted it here?
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 9:43 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

So are you saying I shouldn't have posted it here?
Always relevant to post on here as well as other sites because there are always different people to discuss things with.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.