Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Old Oct 20th 2021, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Originally Posted by Sachina
It said nothing at all about the ID card on the letter I received from Miskolc, but a couple of months ago there was something about it on the Encs Kormanyablok website. I have to go in anyway to get my Vaccination card and I'll ask the fellow at reception who's always pretty helpful. I think you get the ID at the same kiosks as driving licences.
that's great if we can get the I.D. card from same place as driving licences as there's an office in Emod which does this.
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
that's great if we can get the I.D. card from same place as driving licences as there's an office in Emod which does this.
This is why I'm sure the clerk I saw was wrong.

https://www.nyilvantarto.hu/en/personal_identity_card
Old Nov 3rd 2021, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute

Starting this tomorrow. I know, but young children and a job change that has been pretty intense along with life in general has sapped my energy and joie de vivre.

I understand the system is now working properly and well by now? Good luck to me........................
Old Nov 9th 2021, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I went to the Kormanyablak in my local town only to be told once more that I don't need an ID card. According to them my Residents Permit and Address Card is sufficient for all my needs. I've now asked John Ainge of the FB group British in Hungary to take this up with the British Embassy in Hungary and if I don't get clarification then I intend to write to Victor Orban asking him to sort it.
Old Nov 9th 2021, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I went to the Kormanyablak in my local town only to be told once more that I don't need an ID card. According to them my Residents Permit and Address Card is sufficient for all my needs. I've now asked John Ainge of the FB group British in Hungary to take this up with the British Embassy in Hungary and if I don't get clarification then I intend to write to Victor Orban asking him to sort it.
Send them a letter so that you get a reply in writing. Officials give their own opinion verbally but if they have to commit in writing they always make sure they get it right. (A verbal statement isn't worth the paper its written on - if you see what I mean)
Old Nov 9th 2021, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Send them a letter so that you get a reply in writing. Officials give their own opinion verbally but if they have to commit in writing they always make sure they get it right. (A verbal statement isn't worth the paper its written on - if you see what I mean)
Unfortunately that's not the case! If you look back over this thread, you'll see that Fen Tiger who also lives just outside Miskolc received a letter along with his new Residents Permit saying he should go to his local Kormanyablak to get his ID. When he went to Emod despite showing them the letter from Immigration in Miskolc he was told he didn't need an ID. I went to Encs which is my nearest town and around 60 kms from Emod. It seems to be something particular to the BAZ county.
Old Nov 9th 2021, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you spell his name correctly, or you'll get short shrift!

Orbán Viktor
Old Nov 9th 2021, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Make sure you spell his name correctly, or you'll get short shrift!

Orbán Viktor
He'd better not!

Old Nov 9th 2021, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

He'd better not!

I like it!
Old Nov 9th 2021, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Photo of letter I received can be found on Post # 253.

Possible there's been a translation error.
Attached in Hungarian and English. Just did a Google translate and the translation is not far off from what it says in English.

Old Nov 9th 2021, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

Attached in Hungarian and English. Just did a Google translate and the translation is not far off from what it says in English.
How long did it take for your approval letter to arrive after your immigration appointment ?
Old Nov 9th 2021, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hobgoblins
How long did it take for your approval letter to arrive after your immigration appointment ?
probably three weeks. There was mention there may be delays.
Old Nov 9th 2021, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

probably three weeks. There was mention there may be delays.
Quite quickly then ... it's been about six weeks since my appointment and have heard nothing as yet ....
Old Nov 10th 2021, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

John Ainge from British in Hungary has taken up the problem with the UK Embassy and is waiting for a reply. Having discussed the matter with him we think it might be due to an omission in the written directive given to Government officials in BAZ. I say this because when I was at my local Kormanyablak the department supervisor spent quite some time checking all the relevant paperwork but could find nothing about Brits being issued with ID's.

I'll wait and see what the Embassy is going to do about it.

Last edited by Sachina; Nov 10th 2021 at 7:27 am.
Old Nov 10th 2021, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

John Ainge from British in Hungary has taken up the problem with the UK Embassy and is waiting for a reply. Having discussed the matter with him we think it might be due to an omission in the written directive given to Government officials in BAZ. I say this because when I was at my local Kormanyablak the department supervisor spent quite some time checking all the relevant paperwork but could find nothing about Brits being issued with ID's.

I'll wait and see what the Embassy is going to do about it.
I am going to write them a simple letter to ask for clarification.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.