Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Old Dec 15th 2021, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Originally Posted by Sachina
Previously I had been told by Immigration and 2 kormanyablaks that I didn't need an ID, but then I received a letter drom the Immigration asking me to return my old Residents card, which I did and everything happened after that,so to speak!
Sounds about right ! Even the guy I was talking to on the 'phone yesterday who was in Budapest and translating between the lady in the kormanyablak and who advised us that the computer hadn't been updated with my new card details fully didn't actually mention that it was due to not returning my old card ! I will follow your advice and return my old card and then wait and see ... !
Old Dec 15th 2021, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I still have not received a reply to my letter asking the Kormanyablak to clarify the situation.
I'm going to wait until the new year and go to Miskolc but might try the same office as last time before Christmas if we can fit it in.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I still have not received a reply to my letter asking the Kormanyablak to clarify the situation.
I'm going to wait until the new year and go to Miskolc but might try the same office as last time before Christmas if we can fit it in.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it the Immigration office in Miskolc, Hatvanötösök útja, you wrote to, not the kormanyablak in Emod?
Old Dec 15th 2021, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it the Immigration office in Miskolc, Hatvanötösök útja, you wrote to, not the kormanyablak in Emod?
It was Emod which told me I didn't need ID card and booked an appointment via one of the options on the local government websites. I actually wrote to Miskolc, the office which sent me new residence card. Emod also issue driving licences, deals with residence cards, supposedly ID cards too.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

It was Emod which told me I didn't need ID card and booked an appointment via one of the options on the local government websites. I actually wrote to Miskolc, the office which sent me new residence card. Emod also issue driving licences, deals with residence cards, supposedly ID cards too.
Emod like Ence is a local government department which issues things like driving licences and ID's,for the districts they cover, but they don't issue Residents Permits. Those are dealt with by the Immigration office in Miskolc. There are also two local district offices in Miskolc itself.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

In my case, I took all of my forms and had the meeting at the immigration office in Zalaegerszeg but the new card was actually issued from Gyor which is where I will send my old card to ... it will be the local kormanyayablak in Lenti that will deal with the ID card as it did with my driving licence exchange ...

Last edited by hobgoblins; Dec 15th 2021 at 12:17 pm. Reason: added
Old Dec 15th 2021, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emod like Ence is a local government department which issues things like driving licences and ID's,for the districts they cover, but they don't issue Residents Permits. Those are dealt with by the Immigration office in Miskolc. There are also two local district offices in Miskolc itself.
If Emöd issue I.D.s they should be okay to issue one for me.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

If Emöd issue I.D.s they should be okay to issue one for me.
Yes but only once they have all the details of your new resident card sent to them from the Immigration office in Miskolc. They should send you a letter to ask you to come in and apply for your ID.
Old Dec 17th 2021, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Yay! My ID card arrived in the post yesterday. Can now enjoy Christmas without having to worry about the vagaries of Hungarian bureaucracy.
Old Dec 17th 2021, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes but only once they have all the details of your new resident card sent to them from the Immigration office in Miskolc. They should send you a letter to ask you to come in and apply for your ID.
I already have a letter asking me to apply for ID. It's same letter I uploaded on this forum.
Old Dec 18th 2021, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

I already have a letter asking me to apply for ID. It's same letter I uploaded on this forum.
I received the same letter as the one you uploaded on this forum, but about 2 months after I'd returned my old Resident card to Immigration in Miskolc (and after being told by the district offices in both Encs and Miskolc that I didn't need an ID) I received another letter asking me to go into the Encs office and apply for my ID. When I got there they already had an Ecard in my name waiting for me. As I said my ID arrived in the post on Thursday.
Old Dec 18th 2021, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

I received the same letter as the one you uploaded on this forum, but about 2 months after I'd returned my old Resident card to Immigration in Miskolc (and after being told by the district offices in both Encs and Miskolc that I didn't need an ID) I received another letter asking me to go into the Encs office and apply for my ID. When I got there they already had an Ecard in my name waiting for me. As I said my ID arrived in the post on Thursday.
Okay, I get it now.I need return my temporary residence card then they will send me another letter for the ID card.
Old Dec 18th 2021, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Okay, I get it now.I need return my temporary residence card then they will send me another letter for the ID card.
If you haven't already returned your original (first) Residents Permit then you need to do so to the Immigration Office in Miskolc. They will enter the fact that it's been returned on their computer and give you a receipt to say you've returned it. The details are then relayed to the district office who will send you a letter asking you to go in and apply for your ID.

At least that's how it seemed to work in my case!
Old Dec 18th 2021, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Okay, will have to be after Xmas.
Old Dec 18th 2021, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Okay, will have to be after Xmas.
I'd make an appointment before you go because the last time I went there I didn't bother and had to wait outside for nearly an hour!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.