Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Old May 19th 2021, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Ditto - My card arrived with the postie today. along with short note to say I am officially allowed to stay in the Hungarian Republic as long as I have valid passport.
It is valid for 6 years.
Old Jun 5th 2021, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Both got our residency cards now, see what happens next.
Old Jun 16th 2021, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ecurb
I had an interesting experience at the kormanyablak today.
About 4 weeks ago I revieved a letter telling me, now I have a national permenant residence permit, I have to return my EU residence card by mail to the OIF and obtain a non citizens ID card from the local kormanyablak. So I booked this back then and today I had the appointment.
I turned up and the first check the office official did showed my status was still as an EU residence card holder (even though I had the National permanent residence permit card). They called and spoke with someone in Budapest. Then they told me that person was going to update my status immediately and will call back, and then they can then issue the ID card. So I went to the waiting area. After about 40 mins they told me it had been done and then went through the process of requesting the ID card. No further problems.
They said that in the past, they could do the change in status but now it has to be done centrally and they are behind, hence the need to request the immediate change. Thankfully the person new this.
Also, out of interest, they reissued my address card, I think because they said it was linked to my EU residency status so a new one was required for the National permanent residence status.
So now I have to wait for about a week and the ID card should arrive in the post.
Maybe this is not a common issue but I thought I would share it in case it helps someone else.
Went today to our local Gov,t office to get the immunity certificate. They asked for our residency cards so we gave them our "new" cards, they wanted the old cards? which under instruction I posted back to Pecs yesterday. Long story cut short, they copied everything, (passports/immunity paper slips etc) also we signed a form with our details on it, they contacted Budapest by phone and we were told in about 3 weeks ( we shall see) they will send by post our covid immunity cards and an I.D card ( new to us).
Old Jun 19th 2021, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Does anyone know the process for getting an ID card after getting the new residency cards? Has anyone done this yet?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jun 20th 2021, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

Once you have returned your old EU residency card, make an appointment at the kormanyablak ( or walk in depending on what is allowed in your area) to get your first ID Card. Take all your documents with you, it takes about 30mins, they take a photo and finger prints etc. The ID card will then be posted to you in about a week.
Sometimes there can be an issue with the central office of the OIF not updating your status from EU resident to Permenant Resident. Either the person serving you will call them or you will have to call them, it just depends on who is serving you.
Old Jul 6th 2021, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I've just swapped my green Hungarian ID card for foreigners with residency for a BLUE ID card for HUNGARIANS !!!!
So now I'm a dual citizen !!
Old Jul 7th 2021, 8:05 am
Just Joined

farka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
I've just swapped my green Hungarian ID card for foreigners with residency for a BLUE ID card for HUNGARIANS !!!!
So now I'm a dual citizen !!
Congratulations!
I'm interested in how you qualified for this. Will you be able to apply for a nice warm coloured maroon EU Hungarian passport and use it for foreign travel instead of the new cold blue UK one we had stuffed down our throats...
Old Jul 7th 2021, 10:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Jul 7th 2021, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by farka
Congratulations!
I'm interested in how you qualified for this. Will you be able to apply for a nice warm coloured maroon EU Hungarian passport and use it for foreign travel instead of the new cold blue UK one we had stuffed down our throats...
There are several criteria for getting Hungarian citizenship. Of the two that were relevant to me either married to a Hungarian for 10 years or more or married to a Hungarian with joint children, I chose the latter. Yes I am entitled to a Hungarian passport the same as an other Hungarian citizen (and I can also become prime minister or president) The normal rules about multiple citizenship apply - that is I can choose to use either one anywhere except in the country of a citizenship that I hold. So in Hungary I can't claim rights as a UK citizen over the requirements of a Hungarian citizen. But I can enter and leave the UK with a Hungarian passport which I will probably do when my UK one runs out because it is much easier and cheaper to get a Hungarian passport.
Old Jul 12th 2021, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick question....
I've submitted my application for permanent residence online and uploaded the required documents. My appointment at the local (Eger) immigration office for biometric data etc is next Tuesday. Do I have to take a photograph of myself with me to the immigration office? I know they will take one whilst I'm there but I don't want to miss anything out.
I tried to complete my application in person a couple of months ago in Eger but failed miserably as the 2 officers who were there didn't know their a**e from their elbow and said that there wasn't enough time and sent me away with reams of paperwork to complete, including details bout my whole family! I tried to correct them and said that all that information was not necessary but they weren't interested. Hopefully, I will get to see someone else next week.
Anyway, back to the photograph...do I need to take one with me?
TIA
Old Jul 12th 2021, 5:35 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, yes, you need a passport type photograph when you go.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

I had a letter today from the "powers that be" saying my my permanent residence application had been approved and I could expect to receive my card by registered post.

They also reminded me that once I'd received the card I then have to go to the local Hivatal to apply for my ID.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sachina
I had a letter today from the "powers that be" saying my my permanent residence application had been approved and I could expect to receive my card by registered post.

They also reminded me that once I'd received the card I then have to go to the local Hivatal to apply for my ID.
So you have to go to your local village Hivatal (Council Offices in UK) to get the "non citizen I.D" card which I believe is green.....others say you have to go to a document office kormanyablak ??
Old Jul 13th 2021, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Paul. You need to take one with you, although as you say they take one anyway,.
Old Jul 14th 2021, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by enter
So you have to go to your local village Hivatal (Council Offices in UK) to get the "non citizen I.D" card which I believe is green.....others say you have to go to a document office kormanyablak ??
It is the document office kormanyablak AKA Okmányiroda that deal with this and all other such items e.g. driving licence, address card etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.