Coronavirus

Old Apr 11th 2020, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
My wife had an argument with the owner of our local shop today. The owner said she was happy to let anyone shop at any time, regardless of age. She didn't see it was her responsibility to turn anyone away because of their age at any time.
The famous quote which springs to mind is:-
The law is for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.
If your local shop in anyway resembles mine then a busy time is two customers in the store at the same time!
So a little latitude to keep these places open and trading I think should be allowable, far better a quiet little unsegregated shop than mixing with the age segregated hordes at a supermarket.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

I have to correct myself:
My wife just talked (it's Easter you know ...) with the neighbour who was in hospital for three weeks because of probable corona infection and she told her that it was "just" pneumonia (tüdögyuladás).
Old Apr 17th 2020, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Today I had a strange experience while shopping.
After lunch my wife told me she wanted to cook and bake some things like rakott csirkemell and pretzels for our visitors (family, so ok) over the weekend so I went shopping. Usually I go in the morning as a senior, but ...
No problem at the Lidl, just didn't find everything so I tried the Spar which is just across the road. The security guy there immediately told me:
Afternoons are only for young people, go home!
So I went back to the Lidl, got almost everything my wife had asked for - just none of those very thin gloves. She needs them not because of the virus but for handling meet.
You can imagine that I won't visit that Spar again.
Has anybody made similar experiences at the Tesco or other shops?
Old Apr 17th 2020, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfi
After lunch my wife told me she wanted to cook and bake some things like rakott csirkemell and pretzels for our visitors (family, so ok) over the weekend so I went shopping. Usually I go in the morning as a senior, but ...
No problem at the Lidl, just didn't find everything so I tried the Spar which is just across the road. The security guy there immediately told me:
So I went back to the Lidl, got almost everything my wife had asked for - just none of those very thin gloves. She needs them not because of the virus but for handling meet.
Came across the same rule at Spar a week or so ago, but nowhere.else.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfi
My understanding, over 65's have 9-12 noon to shop so that's when I go and the shops are quite empty.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Chatting to an Hungarian Deaf couple the other day via FB Messenger they were asking us if we wore masks when shopping at the supermarket and we said No! They said they wore them and we must wear one. They were very serious about the consequences! We don't feel there is a need to do so as long as other shoppers are practising social distancing. I did get quite annoyed at a few couples when one of the couple wandered off to another aisle and went past us too close for our comfort. Yesterday at Tescos, Sidcup, UK we queued outside from 6:30am for 20 mins. It was freezing and were glad to be finally inside. They have a one way system but some of the arrows pointing the direction didn't quite make sense because we found there was only one way to get to something we needed and that was to go against the direction of the arrows! After our shopping was scanned and we were loading it back into the shopping trolley we suddenly realised a Tesco supervisor was shouting at us and also a person working on the next till. We didn't realise we were not standing in the correct place because we hadn't seen these 'feet' stuck on the floor. That's were we should have been standing to load our shopping into the trolley. They were getting quite agitated. Obviously they didn't realise we are both profoundly deaf so we did get a bit upset because in my case the hearing aid in my right ear is visible so they should have noticed something after they had initially said something to us. I told my wife I'm going to complain and although she suggested we forget it I decided I'm still going to complain. So before we exited I called over a Tesco worker working near the entrance and explained about the incident. She apologised and I suggested when they have their next team meeting she raises it. Whether she does or not is another thing. This was our third trip to Tescos and it was the first time we had seen the 'feet' stuck on the floor where the shopping falls into the end. Tesco do deserve some credit because we noted some of them could sign.

Last edited by FenTiger; Apr 18th 2020 at 5:43 am.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

I went into Penny Market in Encs the other Sunday morning just after 9 am and apart from the staff was the only shopper. The last time I went into our local Spar, again at the OAP shopping time there only about 10 people shopping, so social distancing was easy. The distances were also marked clearly on the floor at the checkouts.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
I went into Penny Market in Encs the other Sunday morning just after 9 am and apart from the staff was the only shopper. The last time I went into our local Spar, again at the OAP shopping time there only about 10 people shopping, so social distancing was easy. The distances were also marked clearly on the floor at the checkouts.
Tescos and our local Co-Op have also marked the floor to make social distancing easy.

What age would I have to be to qualify for OAP status when shopping? I guess it's 65?
Old Apr 18th 2020, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

We had to go to OBI in Eger today and my wife also quickly popped in to Tesco next door. I'd say that less than 50% of shoppers were wearing masks coming out of Tesco and OBI car park was overflowing..at 8.30am. It was heaving inside with again, only about 50% of shoppers wearing masks and absolutely no social distancing. We then went to the market for some plants and not one stallholder was wearing a mask. Very few people are taking it seriously enough.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 5:55 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't know where you could even obtain a mask if we were inclined but I haven't been worried about about it till now. From what I am hearing, these mask by themselves will not help if you touch anything contaminated by the virus, whether that be money, cash dispensers, door handles, shopping trolleys, or just about everything one may encounter outside their home. Even surgical gloves are not going to help you unless you properly put them on and remove them. I am NOT taking this lightly I am just saying unless one goes out in a fully self contained with breathing apparatus bio hazard suit that I am very skeptical that a face mask and gloves by themselves will really be effective. I am not at all discounting the seriousness of this virus..just stating the obvious that unless one works in a level 4 bio hazard lab will ALL the proper safety protocols and equipment available and being used properly a face mask is not likely to keep one safe.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just a reminder:
Wearing a simple textile face mask is not supposed to help the wearer - but the people he gets near to profit from the mask holding back his "breathing liquids", coughs etc.
So it's also a sign that you care for others ...
Old Apr 18th 2020, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
What age would I have to be to qualify for OAP status when shopping? I guess it's 65?
From my experience you have to LOOK 65 or older. I've not seen any checks at the stores other than a security bod giving shoppers the once over!

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
I really don't know where you could even obtain a mask if we were inclined but I haven't been worried about about it till now. From what I am hearing, these mask by themselves will not help if you touch anything contaminated by the virus, whether that be money, cash dispensers, door handles, shopping trolleys, or just about everything one may encounter outside their home. Even surgical gloves are not going to help you unless you properly put them on and remove them. I am NOT taking this lightly I am just saying unless one goes out in a fully self contained with breathing apparatus bio hazard suit that I am very skeptical that a face mask and gloves by themselves will really be effective. I am not at all discounting the seriousness of this virus..just stating the obvious that unless one works in a level 4 bio hazard lab will ALL the proper safety protocols and equipment available and being used properly a face mask is not likely to keep one safe.
I think the idea of the mask is to contain the virus inside the mask. I did see a video once (but can't find it) where someone sneezed without a mask and the expelled droplets went about 6-8 ft. Then was shown a sneeze with a mask and the droplets that came through went less than a foot. So perhaps the mask prevents the spread rather than stops you catching it.
(edit to say cross posted with wolfi)
Old Apr 20th 2020, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

almafak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
From my experience you have to LOOK 65 or older. I've not seen any checks at the stores other than a security bod giving shoppers the once over!
I went to Nagykanizsa Spar next to the bus station today, arriving at 8:52. A security guy checked everyone's ID outside the entrance and we were made to line up outside. My passport was examined and the guy spoke passable English, explaining that we had to wait for the under-65's to pass through the checkout before we could enter. We filed in, 2 metres apart, a few minutes past 9. As I selected items the checkouts were all sanitised and I had to wait to one side until they were re-opened. At least the shelves were fully stocked.
Old Apr 20th 2020, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary

I think the idea of the mask is to contain the virus inside the mask. I did see a video once (but can't find it) where someone sneezed without a mask and the expelled droplets went about 6-8 ft. Then was shown a sneeze with a mask and the droplets that came through went less than a foot. So perhaps the mask prevents the spread rather than stops you catching it.
(edit to say cross posted with wolfi)
The video is on the MIT web site.
BUT if you are concerned then don't watch it! A sneeze can actually project the smaller fine particles up to 27 feet (8 metres-ish), it is not clear if these fine particles are sufficiently large enough to carry a virus or not. but worrying reading.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was hopping there as Answer to next Questing is Watt Date Do Startup Again as it is Important

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.