Coronavirus

Old Mar 29th 2020, 3:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by hobgoblins
The police are quite active on the main road but don't seem to have been for some months now but I wouldn't risk taking the car unless it was fully legal anyway. Not long after the MOT ran out [...]
Have you considered buying a moped? Apart from avoiding all this app hassle, you'd also avoid sharing breathing air with the other bus passengers...
Old Mar 29th 2020, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watchpost
Have you considered buying a moped? Apart from avoiding all this app hassle, you'd also avoid sharing breathing air with the other bus passengers...
Or a bicycle with shopping basket at the front.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Here near Esztergom I was astonished to see quite a few people with electric bicycles - and baskets ...
Old Mar 29th 2020, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfi
Here near Esztergom I was astonished to see quite a few people with electric bicycles - and baskets ...
Ah, you've given me a thought. An electric bicycle would be perfect where my mother-in-law lives because her house is on a hill! I don't have the strength anymore to cycle up hills!
Old Mar 29th 2020, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

It is a possibility but ... the main road from the village to Lenti is super busy, in normal times, with juggernauts .... they would probably be far more dangerous than mixing with bus passengers ! I think my best option is to jump through the hoops and get the car registered here ... once I have sourced a ... preferably used ... pair of left hand drive headlights !
Old Mar 29th 2020, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

My neighbour has offered to shop for me if needs be but I will risk the bus and see what happens and hopefully catch up with you for a beer in Lenti when normal times resume !
The government has charged the local councils to support those who need help in this crisis. The help includes shopping and getting prescriptions and is primarily directed and supporting pensioners. We have already had a delivery by the village social worker complete with mask and gloves driving the village mini bus.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of downsides at the moment, but I for one have decided that segregated shopping is a definite upside!
I think this should be permanently enshrined in law :-)
Tesco at 10:30 this morning and I had fully stocked isles devoid of people, a checkout with no queue, and almost empty parking lot.
Every cloud etc...
Old Mar 30th 2020, 9:51 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duztee
A lot of downsides at the moment, but I for one have decided that segregated shopping is a definite upside!
I think this should be permanently enshrined in law :-)
Tesco at 10:30 this morning and I had fully stocked isles devoid of people, a checkout with no queue, and almost empty parking lot.
Every cloud etc...

As mentioned earlier in the thread, will it remain that way after people get their monthly pension payments? The bad thing though is will their be a lengthy cue to enter shops at 12 Noon for us who are under 65? No doubt this decree has been beneficial to the retired 65 plus crowd but I will miss going in at 6AM and missing the rush in the late afternoon and all day on weekends. I am not yet 65. Hopefully in a couple months this virus will have run its course and things can get back to normal.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 11:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a possibility but ... the main road from the village to Lenti is super busy, in normal times, with juggernauts
Good point. No real alternative to the Amber Road, and that was busy even in Roman times!
Old Mar 30th 2020, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

Good point. No real alternative to the Amber Road, and that was busy even in Roman times!
Exactly .... you risked life and limb on that road when visiting me so you know how dangerous it is ... even crossing the road to get to the bus shelter needs to be done with great care !! I feel safer driving that road in my car but even then, juggernaut versus convertible car = no contest !!
Old Mar 30th 2020, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

As an over65 I went to the Lidl this morning about half past 9 and it was really quiet though I was a bit angry that more than 50% of the customers didn't wear masks and gloves.
But at least I got some favourite of my wife real cheap:
Szent Kiraly water, Omnia coffee - and Balaton sweets
Old Mar 30th 2020, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfi
As an over65 I went to the Lidl this morning about half past 9 and it was really quiet though I was a bit angry that more than 50% of the customers didn't wear masks and gloves.
But at least I got some favourite of my wife real cheap:
Szent Kiraly water, Omnia coffee - and Balaton sweets
Masks, surgical or otherwise don't actual protect against viral diseases getting in. even truer for those like me with a full beard.
Gloves transfer the same amount of germs etc as a hand, unless you put a new glove on for every individual item you handle, you are gaining nothing.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duztee
Masks, surgical or otherwise don't actual protect against viral diseases getting in. even truer for those like me with a full beard.
Gloves transfer the same amount of germs etc as a hand, unless you put a new glove on for every individual item you handle, you are gaining nothing.
My understanding is that whilst a mask will not protect against viral diseases it will help stop the spread by catching the droplets expelled. Gloves help because when you wear them for e.g. shopping having come out of the shop you can take them off before touching the car and wash them when you get home. I have read that the virus lives for about 3 days on hard surfaces but only about 1 day on soft surfaces so the handles and trolleys are much more dangerous than the shopping items (tins excepted) and more people will handle the doors, trolleys etc. than the products.
Old Apr 1st 2020, 11:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Good time to transfer money from the UK, just got a rate of 412.99.
Old Apr 1st 2020, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

jetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond repute

415.5 now
thats after I transferred some at 406 yesterday and 413 today ☚ī¸đŸ˜‚

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.