Coronavirus

Old Apr 1st 2020, 11:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by jetblackonetenth
415.5 now
thats after I transferred some at 406 yesterday and 413 today ☹️😂
Wow!
Old Apr 1st 2020, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I get an email alert from Transferwise every day to inform me of the exchange rate for HF. Back in August 2019 £1 = 350 HF. I'd be saving £000s if the exchange rate continues to be this favourable by the time we move to Hungary, subject to contracts being completed but I'm not expecting to move until probably August or September. Worse case scenario is October/November.
Old Apr 1st 2020, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I get an email alert from Transferwise every day to inform me of the exchange rate for HF. Back in August 2019 £1 = 350 HF. I'd be saving £000s if the exchange rate continues to be this favourable by the time we move to Hungary, subject to contracts being completed but I'm not expecting to move until probably August or September. Worse case scenario is October/November.
The favourable exchange rate made a huge difference to us when we moved in 2014, and bought our first apartment early in 2015.

Isn't there a proverb about "an ill wind..." or something?
Old Apr 1st 2020, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

jetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond reputejetblackonetenth has a reputation beyond repute

Last time it was higher than this was 2015

it is up to 418 now

i am going to stop looking ☹️
Old Apr 4th 2020, 1:18 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

I went back to TESCO in Kaposvar yesterday, Friday April 3rd and when I was there at 4PM the only thing that was sparse was some of the canned veggies, Everything else looked okay. Plenty of baking ingredients, Toilet paper and paper towels were well stocked. The crowd was average for a Friday at the beginning of the month. Hopefully everything will get back to normal and the panic buying is over.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the Lidl a few minutes past 9 this morning and again - no yeast, just an empty carton!
And sweets for Easter were almost gone, but found something for our granddaughter.
Everything else was available.
But still only half of the people had masks and/or gloves ...
PS:
I bought some hanging geraniums (muskatli), my wife was very happy with the quality - and the price ...
Old Apr 5th 2020, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jetblackonetenth
Last time it was higher than this was 2015

it is up to 418 now

i am going to stop looking ☹️
I hope it goes up and up or stays that high so when I finally purchase a property in Hungary I would have saved a couple of thousand pounds or much more. In short it would pay for the transportation of our household goods.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

£1 = 407HF! Damn ....
Old Apr 8th 2020, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

One of the most ridiculous things I have seen on the roads in the UK is car drivers and their passengers wearing face masks whilst travelling in the car. Is this necessary? Out walking my dog at a big park the past one week everyone seems to be practising social distancing except for a few idiotic runners! Everyone has been nice and friendly with a 'Good Morning'. This morning we went into Tescos (Sidcup) at 6:30am and there was already a queue. I'm not surprised because of the forthcoming Easter weekend. We were expecting the continuance of the one person per trolley rule but as the store wasn't packed, along with other couples, we were both allowed in with one trolley. Most customers adhered to keeping two metres apart except for one or two idiots. The two local large Tescos (Orpington and Sidcup - we are sandwiched in between the two) have a one way system so social distancing can be adhered to but my wife ..... she took a wrong turning and ended up heading towards the "traffic" and a Tesco worker waved at us to head back and go round the right way! I now understand why my wife hasn't driven for ten years!
Old Apr 8th 2020, 11:10 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

One of the most ridiculous things I have seen on the roads in the UK is car drivers and their passengers wearing face masks whilst travelling in the car. Is this necessary?
If someone in the car is ill or has symptoms of the virus, if one of them has been caring for an ill person, or even just if someone's high risk, then it's a good idea. A car is a pretty confined space! The only way it wouldn't make sense is if it's members of the same household travelling together and they're all well.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

I went into Encs around 10 am on Sunday morning to fill up with petrol, draw money and do a bit of shopping. I wore a mask, disposable latex gloves and carried hand sanitiser and alcohol wipes with me to prevent cross contamination. Town was deserted and despite it being OAP only time, I was the only shopper in Penny Market. When I got home I disinfected the steering wheel, gear stick etc, in fact anything I'd touched, wiped the groceries down with soap and water then changed and washed all my clothes.

Sounds OTT maybe but I'd rather be safe than sorry! I'd hate to wake up one morning and find I was dead.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If someone in the car is ill or has symptoms of the virus, if one of them has been caring for an ill person, or even just if someone's high risk, then it's a good idea. A car is a pretty confined space! The only way it wouldn't make sense is if it's members of the same household travelling together and they're all well.
If they are ill with symptons they should not be travelling. Full stop!
Old Apr 8th 2020, 11:27 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

If they are ill with symptons they should not be travelling. Full stop!
I was just replying to your question about whether it's necessary for everyone in one car to wear a mask. In some cases, such as those I mentioned, it is.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sachina
I went into Encs around 10 am on Sunday morning to fill up with petrol, draw money and do a bit of shopping. I wore a mask, disposable latex gloves and carried hand sanitiser and alcohol wipes with me to prevent cross contamination. Town was deserted and despite it being OAP only time, I was the only shopper in Penny Market. When I got home I disinfected the steering wheel, gear stick etc, in fact anything I'd touched, wiped the groceries down with soap and water then changed and washed all my clothes.

Sounds OTT maybe but I'd rather be safe than sorry! I'd hate to wake up one morning and find I was dead.
You did the right thing. Here in the UK there's been quite a bit of reporting of people ignoring social distancing. When I popped into the off licence around the corner I was a bit astonished to note a group of people of various ages milling around. I have to be honest to say they were not British and I know for a fact they live at the bottom end of the High Street of Orpington! They didn't seem to be taking things seriously.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sachina
Please don't pop off before we get to Hungary. I will need you to be around for the next 50 years as a British friend to have a chat with to grumble about Hungarians! I'm not saying I don't like Hungarians but once you open the door ..... I can't add to this .... but bottom line is ... I know ... at the end of the day .... Hungarians will be there when the sh%t* hits the fan!

Last edited by Rosemary; Apr 8th 2020 at 11:39 am. Reason: corrected quote

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.