Coronavirus

Old May 14th 2020, 3:26 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Hopefully the Hungarian authorities will relax the requirements to enter Hungary soon. People whom have a Residency Permit but not Permanent Residency from my understanding could not re enter if they left Hungary for ANY REASON. We are in that situation and have no family ties here in Hungary. We don't need to leave Hungary but we know a couple with Residency that are presently stuck back in the UK.
Old May 14th 2020, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
Hopefully the Hungarian authorities will relax the requirements to enter Hungary soon. People whom have a Residency Permit but not Permanent Residency from my understanding could not re enter if they left Hungary for ANY REASON. We are in that situation and have no family ties here in Hungary. We don't need to leave Hungary but we know a couple with Residency that are presently stuck back in the UK.
My wife is Hungarian and she still has family in Hungary. Her father died mid-March and the funeral has been postponed until we are both in Hungary. As my wife's husband I should be allowed in. I have been visiting Hungary since 2002/3.
Old May 14th 2020, 4:05 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
My wife is Hungarian and she still has family in Hungary. Her father died mid-March and the funeral has been postponed until we are both in Hungary. As my wife's husband I should be allowed in. I have been visiting Hungary since 2002/3.
Sorry about your wife's Fathers passing. I doubt you will have any difficulty entering.

My comment was just hoping things will start to loosen up for others living here and hopefully for most people wanting to visit Hungary. Hopefully warm weather will soon make this nightmare go away for everyone.
Old May 14th 2020, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
Sorry about your wife's Fathers passing. I doubt you will have any difficulty entering.

My comment was just hoping things will start to loosen up for others living here and hopefully for most people wanting to visit Hungary. Hopefully warm weather will soon make this nightmare go away for everyone.
No worries about your comment. I wasn't offended.

I'm desperate to not miss our first summer permanently living in Hungary. If we have to self isolate my poor sister-in-law will have to do not only her mother's food shopping but ours as well! I'm banking her husband and one of their sons will keep me supplied with barna sor! Atleast my mother-in-law's plot is big enough for us to walk around and big enough for our dog not to get frustrated he can't go for a walk.
Old May 20th 2020, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Is UK over-reacting regarding the coronavirus? This morning I emailed my estate agent if I could drop off my UK house keys for the new buyers to pick up, subject to the contract going through, so we could fly out one day earlier but all I got was a jumbled reply 'straight to house please'. Funny they shoudl say that because they keep asking me if we will vacate the property on completion!!! Of course, that's what we are planning but we do have an issue with the availability of getting flights out becaue they are booking up fast. I'm paying them good money for estate agency fees so think they should do their job. Might ask to knock a bit off the fee because this option is not available!
Old May 20th 2020, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a new idea -

Since the restrictions implemented by the government because of the coronavirus epidemic have been lifted in Pest county as well, József Richter Jr, director of the Hungarian National Circus, created the first Hungarian car safari park in Szada, just 30 kilometres away from Budapest. The park is safe and unique, so its visit is worth the trip!

Read more at: https://dailynewshungary.com/wow-hun...-video-photos/
But, like drive in movies in the US, perfect in the era of C19!
Old May 20th 2020, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Just found this in the Times (get emails from them ...)
All arrivals into the country — including Britons returning from abroad — will have to self-isolate for two weeks,
So it works in both directions.
Since I have to visit Germany some day for several things I'm hoping that the restrictions for traveling in the EU will be lifted soon - Mid of June seems to be the target.
Old May 22nd 2020, 11:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW I have cobbled together a factor of relative "performance" (cases/deaths/population - with a log scale) - see below.

The March figures for Hungary & Australia are false positives as the actuals are minus figures which don't compute!)

Old May 22nd 2020, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Not a new idea -

But, like drive in movies in the US, perfect in the era of C19!
I'm definitely not a fan of animal circuses or zoos or safari parks as they tend to keep animals in restricted enclosures. What they have opened up here in Hungary is just a desperate attempt at cashing in during the restrictions. It's a million miles off a safari park and just a glorified farm. I hope it doesn't work for the guy as he's merely exploiting animals.
Old May 23rd 2020, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
I'm definitely not a fan of animal circuses or zoos or safari parks as they tend to keep animals in restricted enclosures. What they have opened up here in Hungary is just a desperate attempt at cashing in during the restrictions. It's a million miles off a safari park and just a glorified farm. I hope it doesn't work for the guy as he's merely exploiting animals.
Quite a few years ago my sister-in-law's husband took me and my wife to a zoo .... urrghhh! I felt sick seeing the animals conditions! Anyway, if you have access to TV programmes all over the world America is probably the worst in keeping wild animals! Truly appalling!
Old May 24th 2020, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Anyway, if you have access to TV programmes all over the world America is probably the worst in keeping wild animals! Truly appalling!
Yes, I've watched Tiger King

Last edited by Rosemary; May 24th 2020 at 7:33 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Jun 13th 2020, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Can friends meet with social distancing in Hungary now?
Old Jun 14th 2020, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

I think they always could. No-one around here cares or has cared about social distancing, with or without a mask, including our new mayor.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 1:29 am
Just Joined

NobodyHasThisNameYet is an unknown quantity at this point

The total number of deaths which are believed to be solely from the virus in the UK are currently about 1300 (figures from the government).
Contrast this with the official figure, which includes the following;
- people who have died while testing positive for the virus. For example, an 85 year old man dies of heart disease but tests positive for the virus, then he can and is counted as a death from covid-19.
- people who have shown symptoms of the virus, and then who die, but have not even been tested for the virus. For example, a 90 year old woman goes into hospital. She is seen coughing, or feels tired. She dies. She can be counted as a death from covid-19.

This virus does not present an unreasonable risk for anyone who is active in the economy.
The risk of death for children is effectively zero, as it is for young adults.
If you are 40 years old, then you are about 4 times more likely to be struck by lightning.
If you are 65, then you have more chance of drowning in the bath.

My view is that the shutdown of the economy was done both by accident and design, depending on the official involved.
It's been a successful experiment for them, as they have discovered that people living in Britain (both indigenous and not), will willingly give up their most basic of rights in return for "safety".
The way that the British have reacted to their own house arrest was the nail in the coffin for me; I'm leaving the country.

Oh, and we seem to be obsessed with calling each other "racist". I can't stand communists, and I can't stand globalists, and Britain is infested with both. Let it all burn, but without me here.
I believe that Hungarians value themselves, so I would like to live among them and to contribute to their society.

Old Jun 16th 2020, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

NobodyHasThisNameYet - we are soon to be exiting the UK as our house is sold subject to contract. Buyers eager to exchange asap although we're going to have to lower the price due to some issues which have come up. Only snag for us is our Exit Plan has been affected by the coronavirus situation, i.e. we can't stay with friends or family(got none here) and our dog is coming too and pet transporters were also shut down during the lockdown! For the latter by road is a no, no, because drivers will have to self isolate on their return for 14 days and that effectively could shut their business down. Contrast to the removal company .... in all my lliaisons with them they have not stated any such thing. I'm hoping next few days I come up with a new Exit Plan and then things can move forward. I have a feeling the buyers will get the hump if we ask for atleas a month longer before they move it. I think this would be common sense!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.