Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Feb 17th 2013, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

afaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant future
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

The text was lifted from goanvoice because the link took you to a press display site which doesnt cut & paste. The middle section was the most interesting about how the commitees will be formed.

Are these not some of the same people who have been giving the run around and blocking foreigners already?

I wouldn't bet on it that the BHC have been briefed on Camerons arrival in India. he's here to save a $750 million helicopter deal and nudge the door more open for Tesco and Lloyds of London.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 10:14 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Like.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 12:14 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jessica
Any hope that the British Consul will be briefing/updating Cameron re our property issues on his current 'goodwill' visit to India? And that he will make some bargaining points to mutual advantage?
Request has been made and it is a strong possibility

Dread - x
Old Feb 18th 2013, 12:30 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Request has been made and it is a strong possibility

Dread - x
All you can do is hope
Old Feb 18th 2013, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jessica
Any hope that the British Consul will be briefing/updating Cameron re our property issues on his current 'goodwill' visit to India? And that he will make some bargaining points to mutual advantage?
They have been asked to do so by the 'working group'.

AndyD 8-)
Old Feb 18th 2013, 5:56 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

NASTY BUSINESS

I have just been told of a British couple who purchased a house on a development in North Goa a few years ago. They could not register their deeds due to the closure of the registrar to foreigners and the sale deeds to property remained in the name of the Indian person who originally sold it to them.
The couple then sold the property to another Indian, who paid the monies to the original Indian owner because he was still named on the sale deeds.
This Indian who originally sold them this property had promised to repatriate the money to the British couple, but once the property was sold on he has refused to pay them any of the monies (the property sold for somewhere between £150,000 and £175,000), and is now telling the couple that despite them paying the full purchase price of the proep[rty some years back, he now views the money they paid as merely 'rent' for the few years they occupied the house.

Dread - x
Old Feb 18th 2013, 2:38 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Is it worth naming names, Dread, so that everyone knows who this thief is?
Old Feb 18th 2013, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Is it worth naming names, Dread, so that everyone knows who this thief is?
Unfortunately this is not a one off in Goa.............
I have known of other cases where foreigners have registered in the name of an Indian they "trust"....that "tristed" Indian person then claiming the premises as their own.
There are also builders who sold property to foreigners and were paid the full market price, then gave out 5 year leases to allow time to get properties registered. Once the registrar was closed to foreigners, these builders have tried to reclaim the properties after the leases expired.
In other cases builders are buying back properties they sold to foreigners but only refunding the original purchase price despuiten the fact that the prioperty prices have at least quadrupled in Goa and the value of the property is considerably higher.......and demanding the premises remain furnished yet not paying for the contents.

The closure of the registrar has given opportunity aplenty to many of the thieving bxstards who have got rich on the back of cheating foreigners

Dread - x

Last edited by dreadsoc; Feb 18th 2013 at 2:57 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Jacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
NASTY BUSINESS

I have just been told of a British couple who purchased a house on a development in North Goa a few years ago. They could not register their deeds due to the closure of the registrar to foreigners and the sale deeds to property remained in the name of the Indian person who originally sold it to them.
The couple then sold the property to another Indian, who paid the monies to the original Indian owner because he was still named on the sale deeds.
This Indian who originally sold them this property had promised to repatriate the money to the British couple, but once the property was sold on he has refused to pay them any of the monies (the property sold for somewhere between £150,000 and £175,000), and is now telling the couple that despite them paying the full purchase price of the proep[rty some years back, he now views the money they paid as merely 'rent' for the few years they occupied the house.

Dread - x
Sadly this is the only hope that we have with our house trusting our lawyer and the previous owner. Due to the fact the English lady we bought from was not allowed to purchase. I hold little hope of getting anything for our home, and can see us losing all our money . So sad to read this, what a nightmare for the couple involved. I guess we rented a ruin for years and spent thousands doing it up, for the pleasure. Makes me sick.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Jessica is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a_f_d
They have been asked to do so by the 'working group'.

AndyD 8-)
Great stuff. I tweeted BBC News for what it's worth!
Old Mar 15th 2013, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Interview with British High Commissioner in 'The Goan':
...the Chief Minister tells me that British people have the right to buy property in effect with the Law...
AndyD 8-)
Old Mar 16th 2013, 4:50 am
Just Joined

EagleEyeAT is an unknown quantity at this point

AndyD 8-)
Hi. Am new to this group but have been tracking its trials and travails for a long time. I did that interview above and am looking for people who have been misled whilst buying property in Goa for a forthcoming edition.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

AndyD 8-)
I read the interview, and it can be described in one word. CRAP !!

I'm in court next Thu. I'll let you know the result. Even after 12.5 years, I don't expect a resolution.

I've said on this forum several times, we're on our own.We don't have the same clout as big industry.

Davie.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

EagleEyeAT is an unknown quantity at this point

I am completely with you on this David. The interview is a step that we have taken and not the last one by any means. We are following this story very closely as you will see. in weeks to come. We need specifics from the affected people so that we can grill the Govt. Unfortunately the local media starts getting jiongoistic and fails to see your side of story. That is precisely where we intend to step in.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 2:11 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Like (a lot)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.