Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Mar 17th 2013, 2:37 am
Just Joined

EagleEyeAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
NASTY BUSINESS

I have just been told of a British couple who purchased a house on a development in North Goa a few years ago. They could not register their deeds due to the closure of the registrar to foreigners and the sale deeds to property remained in the name of the Indian person who originally sold it to them.
The couple then sold the property to another Indian, who paid the monies to the original Indian owner because he was still named on the sale deeds.
This Indian who originally sold them this property had promised to repatriate the money to the British couple, but once the property was sold on he has refused to pay them any of the monies (the property sold for somewhere between £150,000 and £175,000), and is now telling the couple that despite them paying the full purchase price of the proep[rty some years back, he now views the money they paid as merely 'rent' for the few years they occupied the house.

Dread - x
Hi Dread,

We at The Goan <<snip>> need names. This kind of unabated cheating of British Nationals has to stop. And we need names - Goans, Indians, Agents, Property Dealers, SubRegistrars, Lawyers who have been conning people out here. We are sticking our neck out on this, need you guys to tell us specifics. ANONYMITY GUARANTEED. Though we are in touch with the Working Group, we also need others with stakes big or small to get in touch with us.

Aj

Last edited by Sue; Mar 17th 2013 at 2:53 am. Reason: Please don't post links to your site, read rule 9 of our site rules. Thank you :)
Old Mar 17th 2013, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by EagleEyeAT
Hi. Am new to this group but have been tracking its trials and travails for a long time. I did that interview above and am looking for people who have been misled whilst buying property in Goa for a forthcoming edition.
First, congratulations for a good interview and article.
As regards stories about being misled, I'm sure you'll find some takers, but for many of us it wasn't a case of being misled; allowing for a normal amount of commercial self-interest the advice we were given by developers and lawyers was given in good faith, and was correct by any reasonable reading of the laws of India. These just weren't applied!

AndyD 8-)
Old Mar 17th 2013, 3:06 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dread,

We at The Goan <<snip>> need names. This kind of unabated cheating of British Nationals has to stop. And we need names - Goans, Indians, Agents, Property Dealers, SubRegistrars, Lawyers who have been conning people out here. We are sticking our neck out on this, need you guys to tell us specifics. ANONYMITY GUARANTEED. Though we are in touch with the Working Group, we also need others with stakes big or small to get in touch with us.

Aj
Hi EagleEye,
Welcome to BE - have only just read your article you know how hard it is to connect to the internet out here. Regards Noni.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 4:37 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Eagleeye

Welcome to BE.
Nice article on Sir James Bevan.

Dread - x
Old Mar 17th 2013, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

I am completely with you on this David. The interview is a step that we have taken and not the last one by any means. We are following this story very closely as you will see. in weeks to come. We need specifics from the affected people so that we can grill the Govt. Unfortunately the local media starts getting jiongoistic and fails to see your side of story. That is precisely where we intend to step in.
Good morning,

Who is " WE " ?

The media, local or otherwise, don't know the problems brits have. Not wholly their fault, however. A very good friend, international reporter, tried to highlight the problem a couple of years ago. No response. People, including me, were scared of the consequences. Rightly so. Case pending, marching orders given.

I've almost given up. Almost. The so called judicial system has stolen 12 years of my life. Another 12 years? Who knows, but I won't be around to see it.

Davie.

PS. I'm in court Thu.

Last edited by davidhendry; Mar 17th 2013 at 5:59 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by davidhendry
Good morning,

Who is " WE " ?

The media, local or otherwise, don't know the problems brits have. Not wholly their fault, however. A very good friend, international reporter, tried to highlight the problem a couple of years ago. No response. People, including me, were scared of the consequences. Rightly so. Case pending, marching orders given.

I've almost given up. Almost. The so called judicial system has stolen 12 years of my life. Another 12 years? Who knows, but I won't be around to see it.

Davie.

PS. I'm in court Thu.

Hi Davie,

We, is The Goan on Saturday newspaper and we are doing a comprehensive report on this issue. Can you tell us which court and what time have you been called? Shall be there to meet up personally.

Aj

PS. I can understand completely how frustrating it can get but then as a local media with global reach, we can step in to set the record straight.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 8:26 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

as a local media with global reach, we can step in to set the record straight.
That's a very good point Aj, and one that tends to get forgotten.

I am sure that many on this forum are relieved that local Goan media is taking this approach, rather than just demonising ALL foreigners and portraying them as being responsible for Goa's multitude of problems.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johnny five
That's a very good point Aj, and one that tends to get forgotten.

I am sure that many on this forum are relieved that local Goan media is taking this approach, rather than just demonising ALL foreigners and portraying them as being responsible for Goa's multitude of problems.
Thanks Johnny,

The Expat Community's contribution to Goa as a global community cannot be and should not be ignored at any cost. Where others have failed, we are stepping in. And we need to tell your side of story to Goa as well as other foreign nationals who invest their dreams, their lives in Goa
Old Mar 18th 2013, 1:55 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Johnny,

The Expat Community's contribution to Goa as a global community cannot be and should not be ignored at any cost. Where others have failed, we are stepping in. And we need to tell your side of story to Goa as well as other foreign nationals who invest their dreams, their lives in Goa

We all appreciate that
Old Mar 18th 2013, 5:11 am
Just Joined

federicoPa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hallo Aj,

if you like (and if she agrees), I may give you through private mail the name of the goan lawyer that is following my case.

I know that she is following several other cases similar to the mine.

Nobody misled us nor we did anything in contrast with the law, simply the Sub Registrar refuses to register our sale deed because of " lack of guidelines".

bye

Federico
Old Mar 18th 2013, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Jessica is an unknown quantity at this point

All very encouraging as of now - thanks to all who are working on this in any way. Paradigm shift in process?
Old Mar 18th 2013, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Lightbulb Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by federicoPa
Hallo Aj,

if you like (and if she agrees), I may give you through private mail the name of the goan lawyer that is following my case.

I know that she is following several other cases similar to the mine.

Nobody misled us nor we did anything in contrast with the law, simply the Sub Registrar refuses to register our sale deed because of " lack of guidelines".

bye

Federico
Hi Federico,

Thanks for sharing your case with us. I can assure you that nothing will be put on record without your permission. We are trying to piece the genesis and fall out of this problem and raising it to a pitch of a Statewide as well as National Debate and am confident, this issue coming out in the longish Budget Session of Goa Legislative Assembly will be a major talking point that would lead to a solution for good. You could send me a mail (SNIP) and I shall take it up from there. Confidentiality guaranteed.

Regards

Aj

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Mar 18th 2013 at 10:52 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 8:26 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Aj

Please pm me your e mail address

Dread - x
Old Mar 24th 2013, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Aj

Please pm me your e mail address

Dread - x
Hi Dread,

My eMail ID is (SNIP)

Regards

Aj

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Mar 24th 2013 at 8:45 pm. Reason: Send them by pm, dont put your emails and telephone numbers on a public forum, for your own safety
Old Mar 25th 2013, 12:46 am
Just Joined

Slagtip is an unknown quantity at this point

Today 15:30 local time,English friends who purchased there Apartment under RBI rules,prior to 1999,have been granted permission to sell by the RBI to Goan buyers.All local transactions by the registrar in Mapusa have been agreed........confirmed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.