Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Mar 23rd 2010, 11:27 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Indian Home Minister P. Chidambaram has been on a three day visit to London, including discussions with Allan Johnson and David Miliband.
I hope the BHC have primed the FCO/ Miliband to bring up our problems. If they've missed this opportunity we may as well give up.

AndyD 8-)#
I believed one of the back room kids have been in touch with Johnson and Miliband.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
I believed one of the back room kids have been in touch with Johnson and Miliband.
That's good news. Let's hope it means we'll get some answers some time soon!

AndyD 8-)#
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

lizze is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Noni just read your message, and i quite agree with you, i am probably one of the peepers you mentioned. Me and my other half are in UK just now we have been hear since March 8th, went down to birmingham told must wait two months to apply for a new Visa. So we are just waiting it out, not only do we miss our home in Goa we also have 4 stray dogs we have looked after for about 4 years. So as you can imagine we are besides ourselves to get back.
Back to the reason I seem to be online all the time, I keep forgetting to log of.
You can put that down to a senior craft moment Can't Remember A F*****g Thing.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 1:15 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lizze
Hi Noni just read your message, and i quite agree with you, i am probably one of the peepers you mentioned. Me and my other half are in UK just now we have been hear since March 8th, went down to birmingham told must wait two months to apply for a new Visa. So we are just waiting it out, not only do we miss our home in Goa we also have 4 stray dogs we have looked after for about 4 years. So as you can imagine we are besides ourselves to get back.
Back to the reason I seem to be online all the time, I keep forgetting to log of.
You can put that down to a senior craft moment Can't Remember A F*****g Thing.

Hi Lizze,
have you voted on the poll and sent your story to Lewis yet.It is in complete confidence so please don't fear your name getting out, in fact you don't need to use your name at all.
We really need stories and votes on the poll if we are going to get any where with this.Lewis and others are working really hard behind the scenes to get fair play for us all but they need evidence and numbers to make this stick. Even the British Consulate have said we must stick together on this. Something the Brits are not good at we know but this is exactly what the Goans do,they rally together to get things changed.I have seen this time and time again in Goa,there is power in numbers.
We need everyones vote and story
GC rallying for justice and whats mine
Old Mar 24th 2010, 4:23 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

I told Lewis as well, but Lewis has told me nothing at all.

AndyD 8-)#
I updated you Andy !
Remember all relies on stealth and he IS working for everyone, including you.

Dread - patience
x
Old Mar 24th 2010, 4:26 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

CORRECT ! Milliband and Johnson know what is happening to thir citizens in Goa.

x
Old Mar 24th 2010, 4:39 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
CORRECT ! Milliband and Johnson know what is happening to thir citizens in Goa.

x
But do they care. Not being negative, but we are giving so much money to other countries, charity should begin at home, especially in our economic climate.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 11:07 am
Account Closed

I told Lewis as well, but Lewis has told me nothing at all.

AndyD 8-)#
Andy what has Lewis got to tell you, he his the one collating and doing the hard work,what do you want him tell you?
Im sure if you sent him a PM he would tell you what you need to know
It has already been said stealth is the key to this operation.
GC

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Mar 24th 2010 at 11:16 am.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Andy what has Lewis got to tell you, he his the one collating and doing the hard work,what do you want him tell you?
GC

BUT WE HAVE GOT TO GET TO THE MAGIC 100 STORIES.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
GC
I`ve sent Lewis two PMs. No feedback.
Okay, he`s busy, but a couple of weeks ago a post here told us to PM him for an update. To be honest, I don`t know why the guy bothers. The response to the poll is a disgrace. The last meeting is frequently mentioned here. Where`s the feedback from that? None, and there never will be. We`re on our own. The Brit. government don`t give a toss for us. The poll is our only hope, and if you haven`t already voted, get cracking.

Davie.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

Lets get the 100 as noni said and sooner rather than later.
GC get voting and send your story to lewis
Old Mar 24th 2010, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future
Angry Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by davidhendry
Okay, he`s busy, but a couple of weeks ago a post here told us to PM him for an update. To be honest, I don`t know why the guy bothers. The response to the poll is a disgrace. The last meeting is frequently mentioned here. Where`s the feedback from that? None, and there never will be. We`re on our own. The Brit. government don`t give a toss for us. The poll is our only hope, and if you haven`t already voted, get cracking.

Davie.
Hi All,

Can I ask that we all have a little bit more patience in this and continue to support the cause ? If you were playing cards for high stakes you wouldn't show your trump cards to early would you ? This is exactly what is happening behind the scenes
There must be people out there that you know who read this and sit on their arses and let others do the work
If you know these people or indeed if this is YOU Think hard and then think hard again, by doing nothing YOU are behaving just as disgraceful as the goan government(?) So help to fight this injustice, especially NOW !

K-C
Old Mar 24th 2010, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by davidhendry

Davie.
Hi Davie

Lewis is still working very hard behind the scenes for everyone. This is time consuming so please be patient when he does not immediately send personal pm's with updates.
It is time for us all to put our trust in someone, and he is the one actually walking the walk right now, rather than just talking the talk. I do agree that more people need to be supporting what he is doing by voting on the poll and sending in their stories as this is much needed evidence.

There are things happening which are moving in the right direction, but we must all realise that it will not happen overnight, even though we would like it to. That said, momentum is gathering much quicker than I ever expected it to, so I still believe we have a chance to change things and get fair play in the end, but we have to allow time for this to happen.

The BHC are also working hard on our behalf. Simon FERRAND has rallied in the full support of a number of EU leaders to help him lobby the Indian Govt for change. Also the EU president is now stepping forward and lobbying the Indian Home Minister CHIDAMBARAM. Simon is also looking to bring in the US consulate as well. Already this is getting Delhi to re examine the visa issues.... let's actually give this guy Simon a chance.
And more recently the MP Alan Johnson has taken an interest in this issue.... very early days but you never know...

For those complaining of lack of updates, think about the fact that a year ago the BHC were borderline dismissive of the property issue in Goa (I believe the response at that time was something to the effect of not being able to interfere in laws of the land nor take on individual cases). Why do you think over the last few months they have so rapidly 'upped the ante'? Who do you think may have influenced that?
For those who attended the BHC meeting in January you may wish to ask yourselves "why did a small group of people have a private meeting with the BHC prior to the main meeting"? That was Lewis' efforts - where the evidence so far provided when sending your stories, having been collated and evaluated by Lewis, was disseminated to them in a very effective manner as collected facts, but still maintaining everyones' anonymity as promised.

Davie I know you are supportiive in your comments about Lewis, but I am getting a little fed up with the one or two people on here who continually winge that they are not being personally updated when if they opened their eyes, they would actually SEE the progress being made. These comments merely seek to undermine the work being done, and actually could be putting some people off coming on board and telling their stories.

The ONLY way forward is to join together - sitting and waiting will not get you or anyone else anywhere with this. We all have a common desire which is to be able to own our Goan properties. So come on folks, do your bit by voting and sending in your stories to add to the weight of evidence.

Dread - eyes wide open
x
Old Mar 24th 2010, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Davie

Lewis is still working very hard behind the scenes for everyone. This is time consuming so please be patient when he does not immediately send personal pm's with updates.
It is time for us all to put our trust in someone, and he is the one actually walking the walk right now, rather than just talking the talk. I do agree that more people need to be supporting what he is doing by voting on the poll and sending in their stories as this is much needed evidence.

There are things happening which are moving in the right direction, but we must all realise that it will not happen overnight, even though we would like it to. That said, momentum is gathering much quicker than I ever expected it to, so I still believe we have a chance to change things and get fair play in the end, but we have to allow time for this to happen.

The BHC are also working hard on our behalf. Simon FERRAND has rallied in the full support of a number of EU leaders to help him lobby the Indian Govt for change. Also the EU president is now stepping forward and lobbying the Indian Home Minister CHIDAMBARAM. Simon is also looking to bring in the US consulate as well. Already this is getting Delhi to re examine the visa issues.... let's actually give this guy Simon a chance.
And more recently the MP Alan Johnson has taken an interest in this issue.... very early days but you never know...

For those complaining of lack of updates, think about the fact that a year ago the BHC were borderline dismissive of the property issue in Goa (I believe the response at that time was something to the effect of not being able to interfere in laws of the land nor take on individual cases). Why do you think over the last few months they have so rapidly 'upped the ante'? Who do you think may have influenced that?
For those who attended the BHC meeting in January you may wish to ask yourselves "why did a small group of people have a private meeting with the BHC prior to the main meeting"? That was Lewis' efforts - where the evidence so far provided when sending your stories, having been collated and evaluated by Lewis, was disseminated to them in a very effective manner as collected facts, but still maintaining everyones' anonymity as promised.

Davie I know you are supportiive in your comments about Lewis, but I am getting a little fed up with the one or two people on here who continually winge that they are not being personally updated when if they opened their eyes, they would actually SEE the progress being made. These comments merely seek to undermine the work being done, and actually could be putting some people off coming on board and telling their stories.

The ONLY way forward is to join together - sitting and waiting will not get you or anyone else anywhere with this. We all have a common desire which is to be able to own our Goan properties. So come on folks, do your bit by voting and sending in your stories to add to the weight of evidence.

Dread - eyes wide open
x
Excellent piece Dread - pity those we all personally know who were in the meeting have not come forward with their stories.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Excellent piece Dread - pity those we all personally know who were in the meeting have not come forward with their stories.
er.. to be picky here noni - how do you know who has or hasn't come forward if all communication with Lewis is absolutely confidential?

AndyD 8-)#

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.