Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Jun 27th 2009, 2:51 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by erinsgirl
I do think that for those here in Goa at the moment like I am there is some degree of fear from some of the neighbours I have asked to sign on my complex. They are afraid that this will be held against them when it comes to applying for a new Visa. I can't entirely blame them either. I and my husband have signed but not everyone will. We just have to do our best with our friends and family in the UK who are not under the threat of Visas and have nothing to fear. Sad I know!
Hi Erinsgirl,

I agree with you, but some people will just sit back and let everybody else take the shite as you say Sad I know - selfish as well.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 5:33 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Erinsgirl,

I agree with you, but some people will just sit back and let everybody else take the shite as you say Sad I know - selfish as well.

I have been asked by a member for your thoughts asap and any points you wish her to put to a person who has contacted her, as "he would like to explore practical ways of assisting those unwittingly caught up in this problem".
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:20 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

I have been asked by a member for your thoughts asap and any points you wish her to put to a person who has contacted her, as "he would like to explore practical ways of assisting those unwittingly caught up in this problem".
'Someone' ought to ask the relevant person in the Indian government, WHY there is no reciprocal arrangement in place between INDIA & countries where INDIANS/GOANS can legally acquire immovable property!

Seems too simple to me - Indians can own property in country 'X' therefore citizens of country 'X' can own property in India!

'X' = insert name of relevant country.

Regards

Hemingway

Last edited by hemingway; Jun 27th 2009 at 8:44 am. Reason: So Noni has to delete the next post! Ha ha ha.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by hemingway
'Someone' ought to ask the relevant person in the Indian government, WHY there is no reciprocal arrangement in place between INDIA & countries where INDIANS/GOANS can legally accquire immovable property!

Seems too simple to me - Indians can own property in country 'X' therefore citizens of country 'X' can own property in India!

Regards

Hemingway
SPELLING MY DEAR HEMINGWAY SPELLING
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:30 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

SPELLING MY DEAR HEMINGWAY SPELLING
Specific spelling errors pour favour!
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=hemingway;7705223]'Someone' ought to ask the relevant person in the Indian government, WHY there is no reciprocal arrangement in place between INDIA & countries where INDIANS/GOANS can legally accquire immovable property!

Regards

Hemingway[/QUOTE

Never mind the bleedy speelling - the suggestion is right - and I know many Indian /UK people who agree with us but I do not have their email addresses - wish I had as they would sign this minute.
Today and tomorrow is the only days I have internet for the full day here in Spain but will keep on going. Spain has the most expensive internet in the world and the worst service.
I don't know if you all know that we sold our un-registered place in Goa in April due to good actions of our Indian buyer but I want to do everything to help the rest of you and will keep on trying to do what I can do.

Speaking of Spain - Steve the 5 year x bragger (does anybody else want one - has he signed the petition or will he not dare to put his name to it incase he does not get another - must be the only person who wants one)

Last edited by emsirrah; Jun 27th 2009 at 9:11 am.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:07 am

Specific spelling errors pour favour!
accquire my dear hemingway, seeing I get pulled up.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:09 am

[QUOTE=emsirrah;7705260]
'Someone' ought to ask the relevant person in the Indian government, WHY there is no reciprocal arrangement in place between INDIA & countries where INDIANS/GOANS can legally accquire immovable property!

Regards

Hemingway[/QUOTE

Never mind the bleedy speelling - the suggestion is right - and I know many Indian /UK people who agree with us but I do not have their email addresses - wish I had as they would sign this minute.
Today and tomorrow is the only days I have internet for the full day here in Spain but will keep on going. Spain has the most expensive internet in the world and the worst service.
I don't know if you all know that we sold our un-registered place in Goa in April due to good actions of our Indian buyer but I want to do everything to help the rest of you and will keep on trying to do what I can do.

Speaking of Spain - Steve the 5 year x bragger - has he signed the petition or is he so smug!!!
ha! ha! Freebies working - sorry Em could not resist.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:16 am
I love apathy!

accquire my dear hemingway, seeing I get pulled up.
PLEASE MOVE THIS FRIPPERY TO GOSSIP & CHIT CHAT AT ONCE!
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

PLEASE MOVE THIS FRIPPERY TO GOSSIP & CHIT CHAT AT ONCE!
Sorry Sir - will do so at once,

We all get carried away with our conversations on here and forget where we should be.

Should be on 10 petition - or Chit Chat - will go there straight away. Just realised it is 11.30 pm here in Spain - the time when all good pensioners should be in bed or should be just going out to join all the others in the bar over the road. Will choose bed as I have been at the gym for a couple of hours today and I am knackered

Last edited by emsirrah; Jun 27th 2009 at 9:34 am.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

'Someone' ought to ask the relevant person in the Indian government, WHY there is no reciprocal arrangement in place between INDIA & countries where INDIANS/GOANS can legally acquire immovable property!

Regards

Hemingway
A very good and valid point !
Old Jun 28th 2009, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
A very good and valid point !
Would like to thank all the mods who have signed our petition.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

As I see it the identity proof used by the No. 10 site is email address (you have to actually receive the email). They promise that neither email address nor postal address will be released to anyone.
They may check your street address is valid, but I doubt very very much if they filter out 'noms de plumes'.

SO HAVE NO FEARS- JUST VOTE! (330 and counting)

AndyD 8-)#
Old Jun 29th 2009, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

mywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by a_f_d
As I see it the identity proof used by the No. 10 site is email address (you have to actually receive the email). They promise that neither email address nor postal address will be released to anyone.
They may check your street address is valid, but I doubt very very much if they filter out 'noms de plumes'.

SO HAVE NO FEARS- JUST VOTE! (330 and counting)

AndyD 8-)#
just created a facebook group with petition link
347 now
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mywaygoa
just created a facebook group with petition link
347 now

423 signed to date
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/goahomes

I feel we should TRY and truly break the target to show our strength and opinion so lets not get to complacent

May I ask you, ALL have you emailed your MP, MEP and local councillors to sign ? if you have and they haven't signed ASK THEM WHY NOT they do represent you !

K-C

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.