Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:01 am
Banned

Sunbb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by b813
Funny that, I also received that email on the 26th September. Also, your inquiries were with the UKVI I'm assuming?
Yes yes, i have written it above somany times.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by b813
Does anyone have an example of the email you receive evidencing receipt of your scanned/physical supporting documents?

I only received the following email after completing my biometrics and submitting our supporting documents via the scanning system:

"Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the UK Decision Making Centre in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents."
It is exactly this email. If you receive something different then thats another story and shoukd verify with your visa centre where you had your biometric
Old Sep 28th 2017, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

andsa is an unknown quantity at this point

How many here are applying from thailand and how long have you been waiting? We are business day 58, no delay emails as of yet but obviously no news regarding the application whatsoever either. Do I chase them after day 60 to see which delay tactic they give me or is that an excuse for them to fob you off?
Old Sep 28th 2017, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Vendetta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andsa
How many here are applying from thailand and how long have you been waiting? We are business day 58, no delay emails as of yet but obviously no news regarding the application whatsoever either. Do I chase them after day 60 to see which delay tactic they give me or is that an excuse for them to fob you off?
Me, day 35. Escalated at day 30 for priority. No delay email
Old Sep 28th 2017, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

andsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vendetta
Me, day 35. Escalated at day 30 for priority. No delay email
We're non priority and my wife has spoken to 2 other lady's who were both non priority applying just after us and are now on there way to the UK. That either tells me we are close or to be fobbed off.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by andsa
We're non priority and my wife has spoken to 2 other lady's who were both non priority applying just after us and are now on there way to the UK. That either tells me we are close or to be fobbed off.
Hopefully yours will come in the next two days then
Old Sep 28th 2017, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully yours will come in the next two days then
We are on day 101 now. Biometrics on 9th July BKK / Escalated after approx. 60 days, escalation confirmed by email but nothing else for the last 6 weeks. The way it is panning out is; if you are lucky enough to have a decision within 60 days all well and good. If it go's beyond 60 days you are looking at a much longer wait.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hullmonkey
We are on day 101 now. Biometrics on 9th July BKK / Escalated after approx. 60 days, escalation confirmed by email but nothing else for the last 6 weeks. The way it is panning out is; if you are lucky enough to have a decision within 60 days all well and good. If it go's beyond 60 days you are looking at a much longer wait.
TYPO; Biometrics on 9th May
Old Sep 28th 2017, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Cecilia5778 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Latest on the list for those who received the 31 October deadline email from UKVI

Kernowian
Garyede
Scousejohn
Hullmonkey
Pinkdia
mystikal2k2a
Rosy1910
JAsh
MDoyle
Paulakh
PaManjang
JimmyBlue76
rvg1212
I got my visa last 22th but reading all you guys have been thru I realized that something needs to be done for real. I am a criminologist and I remember a teacher telling the class: you need to think twice or three times if you decide to take Immigration Law as an area of work because laws can be created or dismissed overnight under the protection of the interest of homeland security. But these cases can't be dismissed so nicely. We understand overload, we understand delays, but what I see here is a a lack of professionalism and precision , or standard in these procedures. I wish you all the luck and don't give up. I think , I believe when people stand together they can change the way things are done, for good or bad.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hullmonkey
Did you pay for priority?
Old Sep 28th 2017, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Both are in active now. Crossing fingers.
I think that probably means that its good news for you! You're getting your visa
Old Sep 28th 2017, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=hullmonkey;12348897]We are on day 101 now. Biometrics on 9th July BKK / Escalated after approx. 60 days, escalation confirmed by email but nothing else for the last 6 weeks. The way it is panning out is; if you are lucky enough to have a decision within 60 days all well and good. If it go's beyond 60 days you

Last edited by MA17; Sep 28th 2017 at 1:43 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 1:41 pm
Banned

Sunbb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
I understand exactly where you are coming from. Sheffield asked us for supporting docs for my step daughter and I told them they already had the docs and I had not made a copy. The purpose of using DHL was to have at least 99% peace of mind with delivery/tracking. I also collated our docs and checked them at least 10 times as I was paranoid about making a mistake. In the end having phoned and emailed them and spoke to my MP they sent us a grovelling email apologising for their mistake.
Yup , i salute uk's immigration . The worst immigration system I've ever dealt with well dealing with!! The processing is like snail phase and priority is just a name nothing special! Money looting tactics!

Thanks for the info though.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAsh
I think that probably means that its good news for you! You're getting your visa
Where does it say active/inactive? Mine just says complete.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where does it say active/inactive? Mine just says complete.
Ours have said complete since we applied, until this afternoon when I saw my son's application turned to in active, mine still complete and a couple of minutes later when I refreshed again, both in active. Praying!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.