Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 28th 2017, 4:54 pm
Banned

Sunbb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Shirlspuipui
Very nervous, just received an email saying passport is in Hong Kong.
Will inform everyone of the outcome tomorrow!
Goodness. Thats a relief for ya . Goodluck
Old Sep 28th 2017, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Very nervous, just received an email saying passport is in Hong Kong.
Will inform everyone of the outcome tomorrow!
Goodluck!
Old Sep 28th 2017, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

I received a letter from local MP yesterday.

Timeline of events -

12th of May - original documents sent by my solicitor
21st of June - original documents returned back to the solicitor (no decision made)
26th of June - my solicitor re-sends the the original documents
20th of July - wife receives an email stating they still were waiting for her UK sponsor to send the documents
1st of August - my solicitor sends photocopies of all the documents as UKVI already were in possession of the original documents

Ms Jen Hawkins from UKVI writes to my local MP and confirms they have our documents and they were received on the 25th of July and then additional documents were received on the 13th of August.

I can only assume the documents on they received on the 25th are our original documents and the documents that they received on the 13th of August is the photocopied bundle equivalent.

I have a letter in writing they confirming they have received our documents so that is good to know.

It's unusual from reading this thread to receive such an accurate response from them.

My wife received the '31st October email' and it will be 120 working days for us on the 13th of October.

So a little bit of positive news after not having any for so long.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 5:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
I received a letter from local MP yesterday.

Timeline of events -

12th of May - original documents sent by my solicitor
21st of June - original documents returned back to the solicitor (no decision made)
26th of June - my solicitor re-sends the the original documents
20th of July - wife receives an email stating they still were waiting for her UK sponsor to send the documents
1st of August - my solicitor sends photocopies of all the documents as UKVI already were in possession of the original documents

Ms Jen Hawkins from UKVI writes to my local MP and confirms they have our documents and they were received on the 25th of July and then additional documents were received on the 13th of August.

I can only assume the documents on they received on the 25th are our original documents and the documents that they received on the 13th of August is the photocopied bundle equivalent.

I have a letter in writing they confirming they have received our documents so that is good to know.

It's unusual from reading this thread to receive such an accurate response from them.

My wife received the '31st October email' and it will be 120 working days for us on the 13th of October.

So a little bit of positive news after not having any for so long.
Did your wife receive the exact email i got like ' sponsor documentation yet to receive send within 10days? '

The thing is all the original documents of my application are still in Sheffield which was sent off by VFS(dhl). I demanded clarification why ask for sponsor docs and say yet to receive while all the docs are still there!!
Vfs assured me that this email is for those as a reminder if they still hadn't sent necessary docs.
Later i got two email saying my case has been escalated (yesterday)
Old Sep 28th 2017, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Benjamin Kwartengsnr is an unknown quantity at this point

so has the processing already started??
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunbb
Did your wife receive the exact email i got like ' sponsor documentation yet to receive send within 10days? '

The thing is all the original documents of my application are still in Sheffield which was sent off by VFS(dhl). I demanded clarification why ask for sponsor docs and say yet to receive while all the docs are still there!!
Vfs assured me that this email is for those as a reminder if they still hadn't sent necessary docs.
Later i got two email saying my case has been escalated (yesterday)
Yes, my wife received the same email on the 20th of July.

I would recommend you ask your UK sponsor to contact their local MP and request they contact their Account Manager and specifically ask for them to confirm if they have your documents.

It took a month and half for me to receive a confirmation though from the initial engagement with my MP
Old Sep 29th 2017, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cecilia5778
I got my visa last 22th but reading all you guys have been thru I realized that something needs to be done for real. I am a criminologist and I remember a teacher telling the class: you need to think twice or three times if you decide to take Immigration Law as an area of work because laws can be created or dismissed overnight under the protection of the interest of homeland security. But these cases can't be dismissed so nicely. We understand overload, we understand delays, but what I see here is a a lack of professionalism and precision , or standard in these procedures. I wish you all the luck and don't give up. I think , I believe when people stand together they can change the way things are done, for good or bad.
Agree! It is also not legal for them to send us an email telling us not to contact the call centre as that is their job! We need to collectively do something about it.

<snipped>

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 29th 2017 at 2:33 am. Reason: Please have your admin put that in their signature . Thanks
Old Sep 29th 2017, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Shirlspuipui is an unknown quantity at this point

Just want to let everyone know it has been a long 4 months. We didn't use any solicitor so big relief today.
Here is our timeline

Biometric date : 31st May 2017
Priority or non priority - priority
Country applied - Hong Kong, China
Escalated on 28th July
7th Aug- UKVI asked for more financial documents from sponsor
Escalated again in sept
26th sept decision made
28th sept email to collect passport
Approved visa collected in Hong Kong.

Good luck everyone and hopefully everyone will get their soon!
Old Sep 29th 2017, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just want to let everyone know it has been a long 4 months. We didn't use any solicitor so big relief today.
Here is our timeline

Escalated on 28th July
Escalated again in sept
26th sept decision made

Huge congratulations. So good to hear that.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is our timeline

Escalated on 28th July
Escalated again in sept
26th sept decision made

Congrats! Did you get the non straightforward email or the decision by October 31st email?
Old Sep 29th 2017, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Am141
Congrats! Did you get the non straightforward email or the decision by October 31st email?
I got same email as everybody else but decision was made on that day so don't know what the 31st oct email was for.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point

I got same email as everybody else but decision was made on that day so don't know what the 31st oct email was for.
A bit of hope for us! I think that was just a blanket email
Old Sep 29th 2017, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PinkDia
A bit of hope for us! I think that was just a blanket email
I won't just rely on this email. Ring them up all the time and check status of your application.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 4:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
Yes, my wife received the same email on the 20th of July.

I would recommend you ask your UK sponsor to contact their local MP and request they contact their Account Manager and specifically ask for them to confirm if they have your documents.

It took a month and half for me to receive a confirmation though from the initial engagement with my MP
My husband has contacted local mp Teresa something. But they seem very not so helpful. All they could do was email homeoffice thats it. My husband contacted Sheffield and they said that my case was escalated.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! Hopefully your good luck in getting approved will rub off on us lol! All the best for you and your family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.