Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 29th 2017, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Thank you all. I am sure all will get good news in the next few days. The process really is moving.
I will know on Monday if it's true Bangkok was handling my application in the last few days. If that's the case, I think it's worth for you guys to approach the British Embassy in your spouse's country and ask for help. No guarantee but they probably can help to speed up the process.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Thank you all. I am sure all will get good news in the next few days. The process really is moving.
I will know on Monday if it's true Bangkok was handling my application in the last few days. If that's the case, I think it's worth for you guys to approach the British Embassy in your spouse's country and ask for help. No guarantee but they probably can help to speed up the process.
My status at visa4uk has changed too from complete to In Active.... didn't you notice yours change too before getting sms from VFS?
Old Sep 29th 2017, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAsh
My status at visa4uk has changed too from complete to In Active.... didn't you notice yours change too before getting sms from VFS?
Mine changed yesterday afternoon. I thought it meant something but many people said the opposite so I am not so sure if it is a sign. But yours will come soon. I can see that they are working on our applications
Old Sep 29th 2017, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Mine changed yesterday afternoon. I thought it meant something but many people said the opposite so I am not so sure if it is a sign. But yours will come soon. I can see that they are working on our applications
May you have the tongue of an angel! Ü
Old Sep 29th 2017, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

@Shirlspuipui: is your visa valid from the day you collected it?
Old Sep 29th 2017, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Dr038293 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know of any reasons why the decision making centre can keep your passport for so long after making a decision?
Decision made on 18th September and today the visa application centre have confirmed that according to their records it has not left Sheffield yet.

It's so depressing seeing others find out their answer so quickly, the wait is crippling us!
Old Sep 29th 2017, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Shirlspuipui is an unknown quantity at this point

@Shirlspuipui: is your visa valid from the day you collected it?
No valid from 3rd oct to 2nd nov
Old Sep 29th 2017, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dr038293
Does anyone know of any reasons why the decision making centre can keep your passport for so long after making a decision?
Decision made on 18th September and today the visa application centre have confirmed that according to their records it has not left Sheffield yet.

It's so depressing seeing others find out their answer so quickly, the wait is crippling us!
Lady at call centre said to me once decision is made and if you don't get it within 10 days then ring them up again
Old Sep 29th 2017, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shirlspuipui
No valid from 3rd oct to 2nd nov
Oops, we plan to fly right on Monday night (2nd Oct) arriving on Tuesday morning as I need to start working the week after. I have actually booked the flight tickets but it's flexible so can move the date easily but it's a shame that we might loose a few days.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Oops, we plan to fly right on Monday night (2nd Oct) arriving on Tuesday morning as I need to start working the week after. I have actually booked the flight tickets but it's flexible so can move the date easily but it's a shame that we might loose a few days.
If you get it on Monday then fri or sat should be ok
Don't forget you will get a letter and take it with you
Old Sep 29th 2017, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shirlspuipui
If you get it on Monday then fri or sat should be ok
Don't forget you will get a letter and take it with you
Thank you, will find out on Monday afternoon.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 2:13 pm
Banned

Sunbb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone , im so stressed � ���� what does escalated mean? Everything seems very annoying and irritating now.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunbb
Hello everyone , im so stressed � ���� what does escalated mean? Everything seems very annoying and irritating now.
Escalation doesn't really mean anything.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Believe me, escalation never works. Calling the UKVI call centre is such a waste of money as well. I can tell that they normally try to prolong the conversation by asking a few questions before they say anything about the status, although all they need to track the status is only the GWF number.

We made the first escalation as the compassionate one when the dengue fever was booming in Hanoi with some dozens killed and thousands under treatment in hospital. They never got back to us on that. Same happened with the second one.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point

It means nothing except they are stalling you. Best bet is to contact MP .
5 months now and I'm still waiting. I'm still escalating everyb15 days though just in case

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.