Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Feb 6th 2019, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Emmaanfi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Hello Sir/Ma
I will like to have some advise here. I apply for settlement visa from Nigeria to join my wife in UK. After waiting for like 9 months above, they sent an email to me and my spouse to come for interview at the same day. They were interview me through sky and calling my wife to interview as the same time.. I'm not worry because the interview went well
Please I will like to know if anyone have pass through this stage and how long do I have to wait to there decision? Your contribution will really help me a lots.
Thank you,
Emmanuel
Old Mar 1st 2019, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

CaliGirlUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I am hoping someone out there is in the same boat as us (or was) to shed light on what we can do to figure out what’s happening with my visa application. We have a very straightforward case. I am American, and applied for my first UK spouse visa back in Sept. 2013. We paid Priority service the first time, and received my visa within one week. We reapplied after moving to San Francisco 3 years ago (same spouse). He’s been offered a transfer through his job to the London office, and we have 2 young children (both with British citizenship) a 5 yr old disabled child and a 10 month old baby. This is one of the reasons why we can’t separate, and we’re about to lose our lease as we had to give our landlord sufficient notice of when we’re leaving.

here’s our timeline:
Priority application, made from SF, California.
Biometrics date: Dec.13, 2018
Application sent: Dec. 14, 2018
ECO email received: Dec. 21, 2018
First email inquiry sent: Jan. 14, 2019
First UKVI response: Jan. 15, 2019
First escalation: Feb. 1, 2019
First phone call inquiry made: Feb. 4, 2019
Follow up with UKVI via email: Feb. 7, 2019
Second escalation done early due to personal circumstances: Feb. 12, 2019
Received UKVI email stating “application still awaiting decision”: Feb. 13, 2019
Email to MP: Feb. 17, 2019
Another email received stating “under decision making process whilst further enquiries are being conducted”: Feb. 18, 2019
Second phone call with UKVI: Feb. 20, 2019
Email received from MP stating that she hasn’t received a response from UKVI: Feb. 21, 2019
Email from SHEFO just apologizing for delay in response; application STILL awaiting a decision: Feb. 22, 2019
Third escalation with “urgent” status: Feb. 27, 2019
Phone call with MP assistant; he still hasn’t heard back from Home Office but will follow up after the weekend: March 1, 2019

Now at an excruciating 54 working days. We have to make a decision to either continue but lose our rental in 3 weeks (Landlord wants us to either commit to stay and continue lease or leave on the 25th), or give up and stay even if visa comes in later. We have no other housing options out here, but my husband can’t take the kids to the UK on his own, but we can’t afford two temporary housing accommodations at once 😞 not sure what to do now. Priority service was an absolute con.

Old Mar 2nd 2019, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hello,
I am hoping someone out there is in the same boat as us. Please I need advise here. I apply for settlement visa from Nigeria since last year 2018 April 4th. Last month 4th Feb 2019, Me and my spouse was called for Interview. We both believe we did well. Last week Thursday I receive phone call from UK OFFICE at Lagos to go online and fill EEA form and redo my Biometrics the following day. Since then we haven't hear from them. not sure what to do now

Thanks,
Emma
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 9:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmaanfi
Hello,
I am hoping someone out there is in the same boat as us. Please I need advise here. I apply for settlement visa from Nigeria since last year 2018 April 4th. Last month 4th Feb 2019, Me and my spouse was called for Interview. We both believe we did well. Last week Thursday I receive phone call from UK OFFICE at Lagos to go online and fill EEA form and redo my Biometrics the following day. Since then we haven't hear from them. not sure what to do now

Thanks,
Emma
‘EEA form’? Which passport(s) does your spouse hold?
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

British passport. I try to explain to them that my wife is British not European . But I was told to fill the form first
Old Mar 4th 2019, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hello sir/ma, Good morning
Please I will like to know if anyone has been called for settlement visa from Nigeria for interview. I was call last month, 4th Feb 2019 for interview and I haven't heard from them. Please I will like to know how long do I have to wait after the interview for my Visa to be process. My original documents has been returning to my spouse before I was call for the interview

Thank you for your advert,
Emmanuel
Old Mar 4th 2019, 5:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmaanfi
Hello sir/ma, Good morning
Please I will like to know if anyone has been called for settlement visa from Nigeria for interview. I was call last month, 4th Feb 2019 for interview and I haven't heard from them. Please I will like to know how long do I have to wait after the interview for my Visa to be process. My original documents has been returning to my spouse before I was call for the interview

Thank you for your advert,
Emmanuel
I've asked several times above that everybody puts any questions on a separate thread. This is a long standing general chat thread, which is pretty much obsolete now, so your questions are likely to be missed tacked on to the end of it.

Thread closed.