Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 27th 2017, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Shirlspuipui is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by b813
Trying to seek some advice guys.

- So myself and sponsor (British Citizen) currently live in Hong Kong and have applied for the UK Settlement spouse visa.

- When we applied in Hong Kong we submitted all supporting documents (including my sponsor's) via the scanning service as that is the only way to submit documents in Hong Kong.

- We reached working day 45 yesterday, post biometrics and submission of scanned documents, and we receive an email from UKVI asking for my sponsor to send his documents across to Sheffield.

- We are very confused as we were informed by VFS Global HK when we submitted our documents through the scanning system that we don't need to submit any further documents as both the applicants and sponsors documents have been scanned and submitted to Sheffield.

- Also, I then get an email from UKVI today telling me that HK only allows for documents to be submitted via the scanning system. So this is a complete contradiction to the email we received yesterday asking my sponsor to submit his documents via post.

I call UKVI today to try to understand the situation and was told that although we submitted all the documents through the scanning system, my sponsor has to also send the physical supporting documents directly to Sheffield, although he resides in Hong Kong.

Anyone able to give me some clarity/advice around this??

Confused beyond belief at the moment!
I've to look at by words what they actually said in email to understand what they want from you.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 4:50 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

We are going through the savings route so submitted bank statements from Hong Kong evidencing this.

We received the request from UKVI so does this mean that we have to re-submit all our hard copy supporting documents to Sheffield although we scanned them through at the VFS Global Centre in HK?
Sounds like another HO stuff up, but if you've been asked to submit hard copies of the documents I think it's best if you do that.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Trying to seek some advice guys.

- So myself and sponsor (British Citizen) currently live in Hong Kong and have applied for the UK Settlement spouse visa.

- When we applied in Hong Kong we submitted all supporting documents (including my sponsor's) via the scanning service as that is the only way to submit documents in Hong Kong.

- We reached working day 45 yesterday, post biometrics and submission of scanned documents, and we receive an email from UKVI asking for my sponsor to send his documents across to Sheffield.

- We are very confused as we were informed by VFS Global HK when we submitted our documents through the scanning system that we don't need to submit any further documents as both the applicants and sponsors documents have been scanned and submitted to Sheffield.

- Also, I then get an email from UKVI today telling me that HK only allows for documents to be submitted via the scanning system. So this is a complete contradiction to the email we received yesterday asking my sponsor to submit his documents via post.

I call UKVI today to try to understand the situation and was told that although we submitted all the documents through the scanning system, my sponsor has to also send the physical supporting documents directly to Sheffield, although he resides in Hong Kong.

Anyone able to give me some clarity/advice around this??

Confused beyond belief at the moment!
Sounds like nonsense to me!

Our original docs were scanned and emailed to sheffield, and then held at the application centre in bangkok , along with my wifes passport.

They told us that we would get original docs back once the application is completed ( passport returned with or without visa)

Cant see any reason why they need 2 sets of docs, if they are to be sent then scans are not needed!
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shirlspuipui
I've to look at by words what they actually said in email to understand what they want from you.
We are in receipt of your UK Visa Application however we are yet to receive your UK sponsor supporting documentation. Without these documents we are unable to make a full consideration of your application. Can you please ensure that your UK sponsor submits the documentation to the below address within 10 working days of this email.

Sheffield Visa Section
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

If you have paid for the Priority Visa Service please ensure you clearly mark on the envelope that it contains priority visa documents.

In addition to the above, please also ensure that your sponsor provides a suitably sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your Sponsors UK address when the assessment of the application has been completed.

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 10 working days we will make a decision based on the information we already have on file. No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Same as us sweetie which means the check list is incomplete

It says in ours that if we do provide these documents which was 1 month time then they will decide based on documents we have already provide
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your application for settlement in the United Kingdom.

To help me consider the matter, please send me the following documents. Please scan these documents and email them to [email protected]. Alternatively, send these documents by post to the address below.

Documents required:

1. A fully completed Appendix 2 financial requirement form. This can be found on our website here:
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shirlspuipui
Thank you for your application for settlement in the United Kingdom.

To help me consider the matter, please send me the following documents. Please scan these documents and email them to [email protected]. Alternatively, send these documents by post to the address below.

Documents required:

1. A fully completed Appendix 2 financial requirement form. This can be found on our website here:
Wow, you were lucky they provided you with an actual defined list of what was missing. Do you mind sharing the postal address they provided you. Was it

Sheffield Visa Section
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Home Office
4th Floor, Vulcan House (Iron), 6 Millsands, Sheffield, S3 8NU
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

We were aware it had already gone to decision making centre at this point
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
Sounds like nonsense to me!

Our original docs were scanned and emailed to sheffield, and then held at the application centre in bangkok , along with my wifes passport.

They told us that we would get original docs back once the application is completed ( passport returned with or without visa)

Cant see any reason why they need 2 sets of docs, if they are to be sent then scans are not needed!
My thoughts exact! The contact centre guys at UKVI suspect there might be another glitch in the system as he happened to receive 3 similar cases today with applicants who used the scanning option and were later told that their supporting documents were not received (applications were done by solicitors apparently).
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

In that case send all your documents to that address using Dhl or speed post and see what they say.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

drrobertj is an unknown quantity at this point

There are multiple websites with horror stories dealing with these issues of delays and contradictory emails. There seems to be a policy of automatically questioning the documents that are sent via the initial application, and then requesting additional documents that are also questioned. My local MP is Amber Rudd and I will write to her to draw attention to the larger issue beyond my own application, because the system is clearly severely broken. It seems to me that one of the best routes going forward would be to see if a National Newspaper could be persuaded to pick up the issue along the lines of "Government seeking to meet immigration targets by callously separating the families of British Citizens"!
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by drrobertj
There are multiple websites with horror stories dealing with these issues of delays and contradictory emails. There seems to be a policy of automatically questioning the documents that are sent via the initial application, and then requesting additional documents that are also questioned. My local MP is Amber Rudd and I will write to her to draw attention to the larger issue beyond my own application, because the system is clearly severely broken. It seems to me that one of the best routes going forward would be to see if a National Newspaper could be persuaded to pick up the issue along the lines of "Government seeking to meet immigration targets by callously separating the families of British Citizens"!
There have already been some stories and news reports over the last few years (since the 2012 changes) about the separation of families. I agree that we should not just forget about this once we get our visas, but I think an important issue (in addition to the obvious lack of compassion) is how absurdly inefficient and poorly conceived this system is. The typical uk voter doesn't really care about people married to foreigners, if we are honest, let alone their foreign spouses, but I think most would still like government departments to do their job properly. UKVI/UKBA have consistently failed to do this, with knock on effects for the economy and wider society.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

I agree 100%. It is this very issue that I will draw to Amber Rudd's attention. I think the larger problem is that the austerity chickens are coming home to roost in area after area. Bad luck if you are in an area that doesn't attract broad public sympathy, and therefore has a smaller negative political consequence. Given the pay cap on public servants, and the impact it has had on morale and recruitment, I was seriously conflicted about having Amber Rudd's name associated with our application!
Old Sep 27th 2017, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Just so everyone is aware: we submitted the additional documents they requested both via email and recorded delivery. They still claimed that they hadn't received them, thereby justifying further delays.With so many requests for additional documents, many duplicating information already supplied, I can imagine that the reception area is in total chaos.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.