Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 26th 2017, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by b813
I got the exact email today and I am on my 45th working day, priority from Hong Kong. We are kind of freaking out here as we were required to scan our documents in Hong Kong so we have no idea as to why they don't have our supporting documents. Not sure, but would you recommend to send them all the supporting documents again in the post?
I suspect it's more a delaying tactic to allow them more time to process your application but regardless don't take the chance.

Go back to the visa center where your documents were scanned and check they were sent successfully and obtain a receipt of delivery if you don't already have one.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Thats great J, but I was hoping someone on the list might be fully conversant with Facebook and could set up a group?

Latest on the list for those who received the 31 October deadline email from UKVI

Kernowian
Garyede
Scousejohn
Hullmonkey
Pinkdia
mystikal2k2a
Rosy1910
JAsh
MDoyle
Paulakh
PaManjang
JimmyBlue76
rvg1212
MA17
Old Sep 26th 2017, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by PinkDia
I got this today .. 22 weeks

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for applying for a UK visa.

Due to it being our busiest period, I am afraid we are unable to make a decision on your application within our usual timescale. We aim to make a decision on your application before 31 October. If for any reason we are unable to do so, we will write to you to update.

Staff at the visa application centres or contact centres have no influence on cases and cannot provide any further advice so we recommend you do not attend or call the contact centre. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre until you have received written confirmation that a decision has been made on your application and that your passport is ready to be collected.

We understand this will be frustrating to you and regret any inconvenience caused.

We will contact you shortly to update you on what is happening

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre
Same email on 22nd week
Old Sep 26th 2017, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

poliphilus is an unknown quantity at this point

Latest on the list for those who received the 31 October deadline email from UKVI

Kernowian
Garyede
Scousejohn
Hullmonkey
Pinkdia
mystikal2k2a
Rosy1910
JAsh
MDoyle
Paulakh
PaManjang
JimmyBlue76
rvg1212
Me too.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

poliphilus is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm guessing this email, and the number of long-haul (100+ day) outliers who are starting to get decisions, indicates that 'not-straightforward' applications have finally been taken out of the IGNORE pile and are being considered.

I'm guessing. I'm hoping. I'm praying.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

drrobertj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Date of Application/ Biometrics: June 23, 2017 "Expedited"
Place: Singapore
Receipt by Sheffield: June 24, 2017
Contacted Visa International Enquiry Service: Sept 6, 2017. Form letter reply Sept 10: Your application is being considered.
Sept 13: Form letter: "Application not straightforward"
Sept 14: Request for additional documents - wedding photos, more detailed financials, etc
Sept. 14: Contacted MP for Hastings Amber Rudd (Home Secretary!) who contacted Sheffield.
Sept. 15: Requested documents sent via email.
Sept. 18: Sheffield claims they can't open the documents, asked to re-submit with one document per email.
Sept. 18 Contacted Amber Rudd again. Told to resubmit.
Sept 19: Re-submitted as requested, but even a resubmitted Appendix 2 (which they already had) rejected since "file size too big". Tried again using compression software.
Sept 20: All emails went through, but no acknowledgement. Also sent documents via Royal Mail recorded delivery to Sheffield.
Sept. 23: email from Sheffield claims the financial information not received despite receipt of recorded delivery on Sept 22. Request for additional documents (Divorce papers!) despite Govt issued marriage certificate from Govt. of Singapore issued in 2010 and wedding photos. Note: Singapore does not condone either bigamy or polygamy!
Sept 24: Recontacted Amber Rudd who confirmed all of the documents had been received.
Sept. 25: email from Sheffield: "We're busy, aim to make a decision by Oct 31, but if we can't we'll let you know." Forwarded the reply to Amber Rudd!
Sept. 26: Looking into cancelling flight reservations from Singapore to the UK made 3 months ago, assuming that expedited processing would take 15 days as claimed when I paid the £400 extra.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by poliphilus
I'm guessing this email, and the number of long-haul (100+ day) outliers who are starting to get decisions, indicates that 'not-straightforward' applications have finally been taken out of the IGNORE pile and are being considered.

I'm guessing. I'm hoping. I'm praying.
How many 100 plus decisions are you aware of? I just saw one for 116 days made on another site!
Old Sep 26th 2017, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garyede
How many 100 plus decisions are you aware of? I just saw one for 116 days made on another site!
I am on 107 days received same email 31st october one. Pls guys keep update if you hear again hopefully this time will be decision for approval to every one x
Old Sep 26th 2017, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Shirlspuipui is an unknown quantity at this point

Country applied Hong Kong - priority
Biometric date 31st may
17th Aug Required sponsor extra financial documents
Rang them 5 times and each time status is still yet to be assessed
No other choice rang MP test and he said this is very common as many ppl rang him to chase up their application so no surprise
Last night same e-mail as everyone the 31st Oct deadline
Old Sep 26th 2017, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, I've joined. :-)

My Wife got the "busy period.....by 31st October" email today.

I raised ours with my local MP last week, received a letter today that they will arrange a 'Surgery' appointment soon.
We are on day 70 now (not including the Saturday OT they're doing!)

I imagine just about every MP is getting requests for help by now.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 26th 2017 at 4:20 pm. Reason: Quote deleted Site Rule 9
Old Sep 26th 2017, 4:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you wish to join KernowIan's FB group...please contact him for the details. It is not OK to post a link to FB groups. Being as it is KernowIan's FB group...he can put a link in his signature...it will then show below all his posts. If he cannot fathom how to do this I have offered to do it for him.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poliphilus
Me too.
+ blackpearl
Old Sep 26th 2017, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats great J, but I was hoping someone on the list might be fully conversant with Facebook and could set up a group?

Kernowian
Garyede
Scousejohn
Hullmonkey
Pinkdia
mystikal2k2a
Rosy1910
JAsh
MDoyle
Paulakh
PaManjang
JimmyBlue76
rvg1212
I received the email as well
Old Sep 26th 2017, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

drrobertj is an unknown quantity at this point

91 days since "expedited" application from Singapore. Multiple requests for additional documents duplicating what has already been sent. They claim they have not received documents sent multiple times via email and Royal Mail Recorded delivery with delivery confirmation. Contacted local MP Amber Rudd (!) several times. She always replies quickly, but only with information about required documents and delays, and can't meet me because of a conflict of interest. Constant requests for additional documents over and above those requested originally (divorce papers despite legitimate government issued marriage certificate - they are presumably unaware that Singapore is particularly intolerant of bigamy and polygamy!). The large number of requests for additional documents is clearly clogging the system and increasing the delays in getting from the receiving end to the decision end in Sheffield.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uk Spouse Visa issues with Sheffield 2017

Originally Posted by MandyD
Garyede - I couldnt private message you as I am too new but please add my statistics

11 May Online submission
15 May Biometrics - Havana, Cuba
3 August 1st escalation after 60 days
8 August 2nd escalation as first one never got submitted
11 August Documents awaiting review with ECO and request for PrePaid envelope (sent that day and signed for on 14 August)
15 August - raised issue with MP
30 August 3rd escalation - following previous escalation 15 days and nothing
1 September - MP called Home Office
1 September - email from Sheffield asking for ANOTHER pre-paid envelope
4 September - MP called Home office re envelope and visa - envelope found but no news on visa except awaiting ECO review since 14 August
4 September - email from Sheffield confirming receipt of envelope but not able to confirm how long we will have to wait for decision

83 Long Days and now HURRICANE IRMA hitting Cuba on Friday .............
Hi MandyD,

A question regarding your pre-paid envelope as we have just been faced with the dreaded ordeal of being requested to re-submit our supporting documents although they were already scanned in from the VFS centre in Hong Kong. Was your pre-paid envelope for your documents to be sent back to a UK address or an address in Cuba? And if Cuba, how did you go about arranging for a pre-paid envelope?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.