Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A question for all you people that are now living in Canada!!

A question for all you people that are now living in Canada!!

Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:15 am
Just Joined

the_marks_family is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A question for all you people that are now living in Canada!!

Originally Posted by englishintruder
High petrol prices, high taxes, no respect, crap eduction system, high divorce rate,
Too many people riding the welfare system. I live in a culdasac which is made up of 12 houses and 2 bungalows, there Housing asscociation, the neighbours are frendly people and kids all get on doors open all same age so playing in and out all the time. But i can count on 1 hand the amount of people that work in these houses. 5!!, 3 live in the same house, myself and the plumber over road.
I got one neighbour with 2 kids, who is over weight, cant work(never worked), but has a brand new citreon C4 sitting outside house,another that was a gambling addict, 3 kids and is on incapacitiy allowance constanly buying new electronic equipment, LCD tv, new car ect.. another who has got 6 kids and boast that she brings in over £400 a week and her rent council tax is payed.
One jokingly thanked me for paying my tax the other day because he got a £25 bonus in his money due to the fact that the weather dropped below freezing and every week it does he will get another £25! wot a joke! they should give vouchers so they no its going on electric/gas!! the junkys will get an few extra hits thanks to the weather!
All these could go to work
And we wonder why we pay so much tax, Immagrants take up a small amount of our tax, the welfare blaggers take a big toll on it.

I went to my gym the other day and it was full of eatern europeans,I said to the guy behind desk, it busy today, he said yeah they all get there memberships payed for by benefit!:curse:

Great!! This is exactly why me, hubby and the kids are wanting to escape!! If we manage to move over to Canada I think we will just miss family, friends.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:38 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

The advert says " too much bling, give us a ring"
This wit, this considered use of language, is something one comes to miss. Today on the BBC I heard Rwanda called "the Israel of Africa" which cracked me up. New reports here sound as if they've been mechanically translated from some other language.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:07 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

High petrol prices, high taxes, no respect, crap eduction system, high divorce rate,
Too many people riding the welfare system. I live in a culdasac which is made up of 12 houses and 2 bungalows, there Housing asscociation, the neighbours are frendly people and kids all get on doors open all same age so playing in and out all the time. But i can count on 1 hand the amount of people that work in these houses. 5!!, 3 live in the same house, myself and the plumber over road.
I got one neighbour with 2 kids, who is over weight, cant work(never worked), but has a brand new citreon C4 sitting outside house,another that was a gambling addict, 3 kids and is on incapacitiy allowance constanly buying new electronic equipment, LCD tv, new car ect.. another who has got 6 kids and boast that she brings in over £400 a week and her rent council tax is payed.
One jokingly thanked me for paying my tax the other day because he got a £25 bonus in his money due to the fact that the weather dropped below freezing and every week it does he will get another £25! wot a joke! they should give vouchers so they no its going on electric/gas!! the junkys will get an few extra hits thanks to the weather!
And we wonder why we pay so much tax, Immagrants take up a small amount of our tax, the welfare blaggers take a big toll on it.

I went to my gym the other day and it was full of eatern europeans,I said to the guy behind desk, it busy today, he said yeah they all get there memberships payed for by benefit!:curse:
Please don't think abuse of the welfare system does not exist in Canada. Our system, I do not believe, is anything like as generous at that in UK fow which we're thankful but abuse exists.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
I am actually trying to find out information where as he is just being an idiot and taking the piss out of people!
As all academics do
Old Jan 20th 2009, 3:24 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Taxes are high in Canada too and the Education system having worked with many canadian graduates is at best below average.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 3:27 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dboy
I found out recently that Brookside is no longer on the air - i think that's where it all started to go terribly wrong.
Brookside was the true soap of the "thinking" man. I mean Jimmy Corkhill, Barry Grant, Ron Dixon, Terry Sullivan- where else would you see such deeply thought out charicatures. Only Eldorado briefly rivalled it, that was one of the more interesting investments by the BBC over the years!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

riosangel is a jewel in the roughriosangel is a jewel in the roughriosangel is a jewel in the roughriosangel is a jewel in the rough

Your post is the main reason why I am looking for a move to Canada. I work in a school office and it's shocking when a new pupil starts that lives with both parents - and even more of a shock if they are married. Most of the families live on benefit even though they are capable of working and keep having more children to add to their benefits - unlike us working folk who can't afford anymore children. They have foreign holidays paid for by us, they have free school meals paid for by us, they have houses, cars, designer clothes ALL paid for by us - I could go on. One family at our school have TEN children, neither parent works and just think the free school meal bill (for a month) ALONE nearly totals my monthly wage!!! Of course I have to pay for my children to eat because I work! If you are an alcoholic more benefits, druggie here have some more benefits, I could go on but better not, RANT over!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riosangel
Your post is the main reason why I am looking for a move to Canada. I work in a school office and it's shocking when a new pupil starts that lives with both parents - and even more of a shock if they are married. Most of the families live on benefit even though they are capable of working and keep having more children to add to their benefits - unlike us working folk who can't afford anymore children. They have foreign holidays paid for by us, they have free school meals paid for by us, they have houses, cars, designer clothes ALL paid for by us - I could go on. One family at our school have TEN children, neither parent works and just think the free school meal bill (for a month) ALONE nearly totals my monthly wage!!! Of course I have to pay for my children to eat because I work! If you are an alcoholic more benefits, druggie here have some more benefits, I could go on but better not, RANT over!
Which country did the family with ten children last visit during their holiday?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

It's disgraceful to say the least, and no wonder the country is sinking and services at bursting point. Like the family of Afghans who were housed in £1.2 million home at a cost of a £146,000.00 pr year in rent! They all looked capable of working, so why were'nt they? Still, you can't blame them it's the system at fault for allowing all this stupidity to be possible!

Did anyone in our stupid, & wasteful Government ever stop to ask the simple question?

"Why is it all our British, hard working, tax paying workers are deserting the Uk for horizons new?"

By the time this question is asked, and the answer found. There'll be more "Free-loaders" than tax payers! Expenditure over income! Not a good situation to be in.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Yogi-Bear
"Why is it all our British, hard working, tax paying workers are deserting the Uk for horizons new?"
Had they asked, they likely would have discovered that approximately the same number of people leave and come back for the same reasons as ever. I'd call such an investigation a waste of the tax payer's valuable money, the sort of nonsense them wossnames get up to in their ivory thingmies.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by act1980
It's funny how Novocastrain said that my thread was pointless and then he goes and starts his own one that actually gets more posts than mine!

I am actually trying to find out information where as he is just being an idiot and taking the piss out of people!
Don't you understand irony?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

riosangel is a jewel in the roughriosangel is a jewel in the roughriosangel is a jewel in the roughriosangel is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dbd33
Which country did the family with ten children last visit during their holiday?
I have no idea where the family with ten children last went on holiday. I think you know that when I was stating they have foreign holidays etc on us that I wasn't just referring to that one particular family. BUT if you are interested, some of the destinations recently visited by non working families at our school have been - Florida, Spain, Euro disney and Portugal. There are probably more but these are the ones that I have received holiday requests for.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:54 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yogi-Bear
It's disgraceful to say the least, and no wonder the country is sinking and services at bursting point. Like the family of Afghans who were housed in £1.2 million home at a cost of a £146,000.00 pr year in rent! They all looked capable of working, so why were'nt they? Still, you can't blame them it's the system at fault for allowing all this stupidity to be possible!
Does anyone remember a 'hijacked' Afghanistani aircraft landing at Stansted Airport back in 2000. Every one of them claimed asylum from the Taliban.

Does anyone believe that these people have either voluntarily left, or been deported back to Afghanistan now that the Taliban is no longer in charge.

A down side to more people leaving the UK is that the increased welfare state is going to be paid for by more taxes on fewer people.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

englishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really nice

I dont know if this link has come about before
Check it out the great youth of today
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MEnK145M9-A

Be aware offensive language!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:00 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea where the family with ten children last went on holiday. I think you know that when I was stating they have foreign holidays etc on us that I wasn't just referring to that one particular family. BUT if you are interested, some of the destinations recently visited by non working families at our school have been - Florida, Spain, Euro disney and Portugal. There are probably more but these are the ones that I have received holiday requests for.
It's usually cheaper to take kids on holiday during the school term. There were probably other who took their little Tarquin away during the school holidays, thereby not needing to send a holiday request.

I used to know a head teacher who absolutely refused to accept any non-medical excuse for taking a child out of school for more than a day. If the child had an appointment, the head teacher insited that they either be morning or afternoon, and the child was to be in school for the other half of the day unless absolutely necessary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.