Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A question for all you people that are now living in Canada!!

A question for all you people that are now living in Canada!!

Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: A question for all you people that are now living in Canada!!

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yep, well worth doing so definitely switch if you can. Get a Tesco's credit card too and the points stack up, we only saved our points for 6 months to get that holiday. We've got a week on a canal boat booked with them for this year!

Yeah, we'll look into that - well worth doing. By the way, if this is your first canal boat holiday, it's great fun. We did it a couple of years ago, and really did enjoy it.

If it is your first time, my adice would be: "Just hang on that windlass when opening/closing that lock!

But I'm sure your boat supplier will explain this point in detail
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tinytears
He's pulling your plonker!
Hi Tiny,

Hmmm, I'm not so sure.... have you seen his blogspot?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33
That is where we live, whether or not it's bliss depends very much on your point of view; liking animals would be a help. If you go right back to the beginning (http://upperappalachia.blogspot.com/...log-entry.html) you can see that we approached the place with trepidation.

The floor's all done, even the baseboards. I believe there's some sort of furniture pending.
Looks great! How far are you from Lake Simcoe? We have friends who've moved there in the last 18 Months or so. They've settled very well, and we plan a visit soon.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yogi-Bear
Looks great! How far are you from Lake Simcoe? We have friends who've moved there in the last 18 Months or so. They've settled very well, and we plan a visit soon.
I suppose Collingwood would be nearest, 30-40 minutes if you go directly, but I always go via Beaver Valley, the slow but scenic route.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

I suppose Collingwood would be nearest, 30-40 minutes if you go directly, but I always go via Beaver Valley, the slow but scenic route.
Those with a dirty mind could have a field day with the last bit of your response.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
Those with a dirty mind could have a field day with the last bit of your response.
Heh!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:07 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

That'll be me, then. I got naughty thoughts before I read your post. Technically, that makes you naughty too.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:11 pm
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold

I'm disgusted and appalled!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

And that wouldn't be your "dirty mind" of course, highlighting his response?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah good, not far then? I'll ask him about your location when we next chat
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:39 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Ah good, not far then? I'll ask him about your location when we next chat
Melancthon. Where nothing is.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:59 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by riosangel
Your post is the main reason why I am looking for a move to Canada. I work in a school office and it's shocking when a new pupil starts that lives with both parents - and even more of a shock if they are married. Most of the families live on benefit even though they are capable of working and keep having more children to add to their benefits - unlike us working folk who can't afford anymore children. They have foreign holidays paid for by us, they have free school meals paid for by us, they have houses, cars, designer clothes ALL paid for by us - I could go on. One family at our school have TEN children, neither parent works and just think the free school meal bill (for a month) ALONE nearly totals my monthly wage!!! Of course I have to pay for my children to eat because I work! If you are an alcoholic more benefits, druggie here have some more benefits, I could go on but better not, RANT over!
Sounds like manchester and half of my family
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, we'll look into that - well worth doing. By the way, if this is your first canal boat holiday, it's great fun. We did it a couple of years ago, and really did enjoy it.

If it is your first time, my adice would be: "Just hang on that windlass when opening/closing that lock!

But I'm sure your boat supplier will explain this point in detail
Thanks for that tip. I'm more concerned about hanging on to the children and the dog though!!

I have been on a couple of canal holidays but only when I was a child with my parents, so very much looking forward to it. Got skiing first though, hitting the slopes in Val D'Isere on Saturday and I'm ridiculously excited about that!!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

I arrived 10 days ago to live permanently and am just starting to find my feet and relax. Came off the plane more orless straight into new job and a load of work (!), so haven't really had a chance to do anything yet. However you don't realise until you get over here and spend some time just how down-trodden you've become in UK ...how dull and depressing life was. The grass is most definetely greener with honking big blades of it...and i can assure you that my quality of life is increasing by the hour.

Is that different for every individual? Of course. But once you realise your happy then you're happy...and i'm grateful to be here
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuabroad
I arrived 10 days ago to live permanently and am just starting to find my feet and relax. Came off the plane more orless straight into new job and a load of work (!), so haven't really had a chance to do anything yet. However you don't realise until you get over here and spend some time just how down-trodden you've become in UK ...how dull and depressing life was. The grass is most definetely greener with honking big blades of it...and i can assure you that my quality of life is increasing by the hour.

Is that different for every individual? Of course. But once you realise your happy then you're happy...and i'm grateful to be here
The first step is psychological.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.