Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A question for all you people that are now living in Canada!!

A question for all you people that are now living in Canada!!

Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A question for all you people that are now living in Canada!!

Originally Posted by triumphguy
Well if you don't have kids, your kids wont have kids either! It's genetic or summat!

I'd go back to blighty with lotsa mullah and a winter house in Spain/Protugal/Greece, and a cottage in the Costwolds, and a flat in Knightsbridge,and an estate in Scotland. Until then, I'l stay here!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:47 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
What is the point of yet another of these threads?
There you go again, if there's no point, then don't log on.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dboy
There you go again, if there's no point, then don't log on.
Here here!!!!!!!

Such a jolly fellow isn't he!! I bet he oozes charisma!!!!

Last edited by act1980; Jan 18th 2009 at 8:54 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brianscottie43

So you are both prepared to live in mediocrity for part or all of your lives.
If you came for a better life, then you're not going to be fulfilled if that's your feeling(s). Life moves along much faster than we think and before we know it, it can be too late to make meaningful changes.

That's assuming of course that there isn't a bigger picture. Like for example having a Canadian wife who has quite enjoyed her return to Canada and who's family live just up the road which complicates things a little.

We've been here four and a half years and if I'd only had me to think about then I'd have gone back to England but it's not just me.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by act1980
Pointless like you I guess!! You always reply to threads with either rude or pointless comments.

I am just trying to find out how Canadian life has been for people, what's wrong with that??
I second that - he comes across as somehow being superior.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

It's the effortless way he spells "hear" correctly.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think the word 'deluded' comes to mind lol!!! With a name like Novocastrianus - hardly superior!!!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:33 pm

Ultimately it comes down to the individual. I personally have no intentions of returning to the UK. In fact if I did n't have family there I would not go back at at all.

Having said that i think that the England I left in 1989 is very different to the one of today, so maybe my thinking is jaded. Also i've only ever really known Manchester - what a shit hole!

I came out of the RN in 1987 and was earning 95 pence an hour . Thanks Maggie Unemployment was rampant - there were no prospects at all.

I went through a divorce and returned to the UK for an extended visit. Was toying with the idea of going back. However, the nostalgia wore off very quickly and i felt more like i was going home when i landed back in Vancouver.

Like i say, it is all down to you. Some just cant do without the green, green hills of home. I've spent half my life out of the UK and have lived in Moscow, Istanbul, the US and now Canada.

Canada has been the best fit for me. Had i have lived in a sprawling country estate in Surrey - that may have worked as well. Home truly is where the heart it is. Canada is not perfect but from where I'm standing, it is a lot more appealing than Blighty.

I don't want to come off as a England Hater - just that I feel that i was badly let down by her. I almost felt when I left that i did n't really have any other choice.

There are always push and pulls when leaving home. You have to question why you are leaving and what you expect to find when you get where you are going.

Gosh i sure rambled on did n't I.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the word 'deluded' comes to mind lol!!! With a name like Novocastrianus - hardly superior!!!
He's a cod Latino, a Geordie Ricky Martin.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dbd33
He's a cod Latino, a Geordie Ricky Martin.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ultimately it comes down to the individual. I personally have no intentions of returning to the UK. In fact if I did n't have family there I would not go back at at all.

Having said that i think that the England I left in 1989 is very different to the one of today, so maybe my thinking is jaded. Also i've only ever really known Manchester - what a shit hole!

I came out of the RN in 1987 and was earning 95 pence an hour . Thanks Maggie Unemployment was rampant - there were no prospects at all.

I went through a divorce and returned to the UK for an extended visit. Was toying with the idea of going back. However, the nostalgia wore off very quickly and i felt more like i was going home when i landed back in Vancouver.

Like i say, it is all down to you. Some just cant do without the green, green hills of home. I've spent half my life out of the UK and have lived in Moscow, Istanbul, the US and now Canada.

Canada has been the best fit for me. Had i have lived in a sprawling country estate in Surrey - that may have worked as well. Home truly is where the heart it is. Canada is not perfect but from where I'm standing, it is a lot more appealing than Blighty.

I don't want to come off as a England Hater - just that I feel that i was badly let down by her. I almost felt when I left that i did n't really have any other choice.

There are always push and pulls when leaving home. You have to question why you are leaving and what you expect to find when you get where you are going.

Gosh i sure rambled on did n't I.
The UK is certainly not what it used to be
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

The UK is certainly not what it used to be
Where is?
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Where is?
Well I can't comment on other countries as I have only lived here.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Where is?
Chingford is unchanging. It is, perhaps, the truly eternal city.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Well I can't comment on other countries as I have only lived here.
Okay so in your experience what did the UK used to be? What has gone so badly wrong?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.