Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

OUT OF MY MIND WITH WORRY

OUT OF MY MIND WITH WORRY

Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OUT OF MY MIND WITH WORRY

Originally Posted by iaink
Exactly. Hes not a PR, he's clearly a burden to the state and not going to get PR as a result. Its sad, but them's the rules.

Is this just another friday afternoon troll I wonder.
My thinking too,!!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

rena is on a distinguished road

If his WP expired in Nov 07-does that mean that his case has been considered by immigration since then? If so then it isn't that sudden that he is being deported.
He will probably travel as a normal passenger and won't be of interest to UK authorities, I'd be surprised if Canadian officers travelled with him unless they expect him to try to disrupt the process.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:16 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillian_11
How can you be so trite.The accident was not his fault, and he is being treated appallingly.
I did say its sad, but unfortunately "Shit happens".

It doesn't matter whose fault it was. Its unfortunate, but he cant work here, isn't a resident, and isn't going to become a resident. Game Over. Why SHOULD Canadian tax payers fork out for him, he's contributed next to nothing into the system here, he never got as far as PR for gods sake.

If hes real, I'm afraid he is just wasting his money on a lawyer at this stage, he has no chance of success.

Last edited by iaink; Jan 9th 2009 at 8:18 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

How can you be so trite.The accident was not his fault, and he is being treated appallingly.
then as you are his mummy why dont you take him in
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

mattyr40 is a jewel in the roughmattyr40 is a jewel in the roughmattyr40 is a jewel in the roughmattyr40 is a jewel in the roughmattyr40 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by iaink
No he's not:curse:, He's being treated as a burden to Canadian tax payers who has no legal status in Canada, from a developed country where there is no threat to his liberty or wellbeing.

Which coincidentally is EXACTLY what he is.

He should return to the UK and make the best of it.

What a kind, warm and sympathetic responce. You must be so much fun to be around.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:27 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I understand people have strong views on this topic can you at least be civil to the OP. You might not agree with what she is asking but there is no need to have a go. It doesn't cost anything to be nice.

To the OP, have you been to the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration site to see what you can find out there?

Sue
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:29 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattyr40

What a kind, warm and sympathetic responce. You must be so much fun to be around.
Should he have candy-coated the truth to make it more palatable?
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sue
Whilst I understand people have strong views on this topic can you at least be civil to the OP. You might not agree with what she is asking but there is no need to have a go. It doesn't cost anything to be nice.

To the OP, have you been to the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration site to see what you can find out there?

Sue
So telling her the truth is 'having a go' now
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:30 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Why is everyone having a go at gillian??...Isn't she just a concerned parent
Knowing that her son is to be deported to God knows what part of the UK and the fact that he's not able bodied would worry anyone in her situation

I agree that he would have no chance of getting his pr but give her a break....pretty please...x
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

mattyr40 is a jewel in the roughmattyr40 is a jewel in the roughmattyr40 is a jewel in the roughmattyr40 is a jewel in the roughmattyr40 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by R I C H
Should he have candy-coated the truth to make it more palatable?
According to your administrator. Yes
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:33 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

No offence intended, but Friday afternoon is not and never will be the best time to show up here as an unknown quantity with a sob story.

His WP expired 14 months ago. Then was the time to be asking for help and advice (in the immigration area).

Seriously, if this is for real, his best bet is to face the reality, tidy up his affairs here, and not pay any more money to a lawyer who is stringing him along despite there being absolutely no grounds for him to be granted leave to stay.

Look at it this way, at least you will see him again soon

Last edited by iaink; Jan 9th 2009 at 8:37 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:34 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattyr40
According to your administrator. Yes
Ah, then we should all take direction on how to respond to posts?

Whatever happened to freedom of expression?

If you don't like the answers your post might get, don't post.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:36 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I agree it doesn't cost anything to be nice.

I also think that the thread seems to be inferring that the person being deported has an entitlement to stay in Canada solely because of a disability. This person will not likely be able to work so will be reliant on a welfare system and health system that he hasn't paid a lot into.

Would this be any different to immigrants coming into the UK and taking advantage of the NHS as has happened before.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

gillian_11 is a jewel in the roughgillian_11 is a jewel in the roughgillian_11 is a jewel in the roughgillian_11 is a jewel in the roughgillian_11 is a jewel in the rough

I would like to thank all the people on this forum who have been helpful, I reserve judgement on all the aggresive answers I have received. I am now left thinking that most of the people on this forum, aren't on here to offer advice at all, they just like the buzz from hearing about others misfortune!!!!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:40 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

I would like to thank all the people on this forum who have been helpful, I reserve judgement on all the aggresive answers I have received. I am now left thinking that most of the people on this forum, aren't on here to offer advice at all, they just like the buzz from hearing about others misfortune!!!!
Maybe you would have a different evaluation of this place if you had been part of this community for more than about 5 minutes, and seen all the fabulous help and advice offered to those where it would actually make a difference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.