Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

OUT OF MY MIND WITH WORRY

OUT OF MY MIND WITH WORRY

Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OUT OF MY MIND WITH WORRY

Originally Posted by gillian_11
I am now left thinking that most of the people on this forum, aren't on here to offer advice at all, they just like the buzz from hearing about others misfortune!!!!

Most of the people I know on here are pretty reasonable. Your son stayed beyond his time and is being deported as would anyone else in the same situation. End of problem.

His disability is not relevant except to gain sympathy for him to stay in Canada.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to thank all the people on this forum who have been helpful, I reserve judgement on all the aggresive answers I have received. I am now left thinking that most of the people on this forum, aren't on here to offer advice at all, they just like the buzz from hearing about others misfortune!!!!
he,s an illeagle immigrant,,,if you read of a similear case in the UK youd most probably be one of the loudest voices demanding he be deported
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:46 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
So telling her the truth is 'having a go' now
No, of course not. It's just I can't see why you feel the need to post a comment such as the one below, to me it looks like you are having a dig.

then as you are his mummy why dont you take him in
iaink's response was honest and civil, and being civil isn't too much to ask is it
Originally Posted by iaink

Seriously, if this is for real, his best bet is to face the reality, tidy up his affairs here, and not pay any more money to a lawyer who is stringing him along despite there being absolutely no grounds for him to be granted leave to stay.

Look at it this way, at least you will see him again soon

Last edited by Sue; Jan 9th 2009 at 8:52 pm. Reason: Missed something
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Canada cannot refuse PR to someone just because they are disabled. They can and do refuse PR to people who have medical conditions who are likely to place an excessive demand on the heath system.

I was granted PR and I have a serious disability. Subsequently I have had to have referrals for expensive treatment. Noone is threatening to deport me because of this.

Your son's situation is unfortunate but he applied and lost, that's the way of things.

He will do fine back in the UK with family and welfare state to support him.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
No, of course not. It's just I can't see why you feel the need to post a comment such as the one below, to me it looks like you are having a dig.

iaink's response was honest and civil
because she expects Canada to look after him,when she,s not willing to
Old Jan 9th 2009, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gremmie
because she expects Canada to look after him,when she,s not willing to
You are making more wild assumptions, as well as continuing to be offensive.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fledermaus
You are making more wild assumptions, as well as continuing to be offensive.

oh come on cant you see this is a wind up thread,,any way its friday and BIG SUE is on my case now
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:09 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

in 1998 my son, aged 25 moved to Vancouver and was working as a truck driver, loving his life in Canada, until he had an accident, which has left him pin a wheelchair. Obviously, he could not carry on driving! He returned to England on 2000, but there was nothing here for him. He could not even get accomodation near to family and friends, and early in 2002, he went back to Canada, settling eventually in Winnipeg. He unfortunately, had a collision with a taxi (yes, whilst in his wheelchair). which left his shoulder damaged, meaning that he is not as mobile as he once was. He has been trying to claim from Manitoba Oublic Insurance since 2002. They seem to deny every claim.
Now today he has just found out he is being DEPORTED on Tuesday 13th.
I have spoken to his lawyer in Winnipeg, who says that an appeal will not be considered, his medical funding has been stopped, and his status has been lifted ( whatever that means).
Does anyone know what happens when someone is deported, where do they fly them to, and what happens to the person.

Anyone considering immigration to Canada, Just don't become seriously disabled or you will be deported!!!!!:curse::c onfused:
Nobody on here can give you firm advice, that is what you hire a lawyer for. Humanitarian grounds won't wash with CIC for someone who lives in the UK, does not face persecution there or have dependents in Canada with a right to live here. I think what you were looking for from the govt. was compassion, but the cold truth of it is that as hard as it may be, your son overstayed his permit, is not able to work and is not entitled to any government assistance. Canada is a compassionate country, taking in many refugees from countries where they face persecution, as well as being active in peacekeeping around the world. However, as hard as it may seem, the government owes a duty to the people (hard to believe sometimes) to ensure there is not undue burden on the health care system or social system. They also have to determine where a precedence may be set, your son, as important and singular as he is to you, is one of many cases CIC see each year and have to evaluate. This is another case in BC where immigration made an unpopular determination.

You may have ruffled a few feathers with the last sentence of your post, which is quite untrue. If somone is legally entitled to live in Canada they will not be deported based in illness or disability.

It is very difficult for you both I feel sure, however it may help to accept the inevitable & move forward. It may be easier for your son and yourself once you are reunited.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:11 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

in 1998 my son, aged 25 moved to Vancouver and was working as a truck driver, loving his life in Canada, until he had an accident, which has left him pin a wheelchair. Obviously, he could not carry on driving! He returned to England on 2000, but there was nothing here for him. He could not even get accomodation near to family and friends, and early in 2002, he went back to Canada, settling eventually in Winnipeg. He unfortunately, had a collision with a taxi (yes, whilst in his wheelchair). which left his shoulder damaged, meaning that he is not as mobile as he once was. He has been trying to claim from Manitoba Oublic Insurance since 2002. They seem to deny every claim.
Now today he has just found out he is being DEPORTED on Tuesday 13th.
I have spoken to his lawyer in Winnipeg, who says that an appeal will not be considered, his medical funding has been stopped, and his status has been lifted ( whatever that means).
Does anyone know what happens when someone is deported, where do they fly them to, and what happens to the person.

Anyone considering immigration to Canada, Just don't become seriously disabled or you will be deported!!!!!:curse::c onfused:
I am really sorry to hear about your son's situation. However, the reality is that he has no right to stay, and he has overstayed his visa. In fact it sounds like he came back in without the required visa. You cannot simply stay past the "expiry date", although CIC does give a few weeks grace. You have to leave the country and apply from outside to come back in. I have dealt with this situation with a family member in the past, so I do understand how it works. It sounds like your son applied to stay under Humanitarian & Compassionate grounds, and has been denied. This is a long process, so the deporation is not sudden at all. He would have had lots of warning that it would likely happen. In our case my relative was granted H&C grounds to stay as a permanent resident. But it really does have to be extenuating circumstances.

I would imagine they will put him on a flight to Heathrow. He won't just be dumped. He will have time to let you know flight details. Good luck.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Maedros is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to thank all the people on this forum who have been helpful, I reserve judgement on all the aggresive answers I have received. I am now left thinking that most of the people on this forum, aren't on here to offer advice at all, they just like the buzz from hearing about others misfortune!!!!
Gillian, I felt very sorry when I read your previous messages. Whatever the outcome, I believe you have the simpathy of most people who write in this forum, as a concerned parent. Hopefully, in the UK, as a citizen of this country, your son will be able to receive treatment and be close to family. It looks a whole lot better than to be alone in a country where he's not welcome and is at the mercy of that kind of authority.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:02 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maedros
It looks a whole lot better than to be alone in a country where he's not welcome and is at the mercy of that kind of authority.
Being welcome, or that kind of authority has nothing to do with it. The law is quite clear, everyone has to follow it and accept it. If an individual was in the UK, the US, Australia or another country under the same circumstances most likley a similar scenario would unfold there.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

Yes there was a case like this in the UK, where someone was wanting to stay for medical reasons (I think dialysis, or something of that nature). As far as I am aware she was still deported.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Iain's comment was not rude or having a go - he was just being truthful. I can't see the point in candy coating the situation. It is what it is.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Maedros is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nooka
Yes there was a case like this in the UK, where someone was wanting to stay for medical reasons (I think dialysis, or something of that nature). As far as I am aware she was still deported.
"Googled" about the case, and found this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ama_Sumani

Last edited by Maedros; Jan 10th 2009 at 5:12 am.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maedros
"Googled" about the case, and found this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ama_Sumani
That's the one. Very sad really

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.