Reload this Page >

OUT OF MY MIND WITH WORRY

OUT OF MY MIND WITH WORRY

Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:22 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OUT OF MY MIND WITH WORRY

Originally Posted by startwin
The one good thing I found in the UK for disabled people was the ease in borrowing wheelchairs or motorized scooters at the big malls (the same one where the restaurant is, by the way). Just sign on the dotted line and away we went with mother - who ran amok in the lingerie department on a motorized scooter. She couldn't find the brake. Now that was dangerous, never again. After that it was back to the regular wheelchair.
Although I think the built environment is much worse here for disabled access, I find that the people help much more. It's miles less stressful to be a deaf old bat here. There's no huffing and puffing, and awkwardness, people will go out of their way to help you.

That makes a huge difference believe me.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:29 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by andrewrb143
I feel bad for the guy, but can't help think there's been many mistakes along the way..most notably having his first application for PR rejected due to it being incomplete.

It's seems now he's unable to work because of his status/medical situation, and on social assistance due to Manitoba Public Insurance refusing to pay out his claim for an injury sustained in Manitoba. (something MPI are notorious for-google Steven Fletcher MP.)

Maybe a solution would be to allow the guy to work and thus not be a "burden" on the system.

Latest from this frigid tundra is the guy is now seeking church refugue, which I'm not sure is the best way to solve the problem.
OMG - Just read the post and really felt for the poor mum, maybe she was reaching out to see if anyone else had gone through the same as her son
I hope all those that live in there lovely glass house have extra protection installed :curse:

To the OP - i hope you find a solution and i am sorry to hear about your son, maybe appeal to the minister and sack the immagration consultant that you used, maybe also advise who you used to see if others have used them.
Also check to see if they are on the goverment site to act on your behalf......
Now that you have 6 posts you can private message me and a few others that have been helpful........

I hope that you can find a solution soon
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

The one good thing I found in the UK for disabled people was the ease in borrowing wheelchairs or motorized scooters at the big malls (the same one where the restaurant is, by the way). Just sign on the dotted line and away we went with mother - who ran amok in the lingerie department on a motorized scooter. She couldn't find the brake. Now that was dangerous, never again. After that it was back to the regular wheelchair.
nearly run over by someone in one of those the other day just coming out of the lift, his poor frantic wife was trying to get him to brake
first time use i think,

Originally Posted by moondevil
OMG - Just read the post and really felt for the poor mum, maybe she was reaching out to see if anyone else had gone through the same as her son
I hope all those that live in there lovely glass house have extra protection installed :curse:

To the OP - i hope you find a solution and i am sorry to hear about your son, maybe appeal to the minister and sack the immagration consultant that you used, maybe also advise who you used to see if others have used them.
Also check to see if they are on the goverment site to act on your behalf......
Now that you have 6 posts you can private message me and a few others that have been helpful........

I hope that you can find a solution soon

I think your spot on moondevil she was asking for help,
I hope if she reads this that she understands we do get quite a few trolls on a friday, but we should give posters the benefit of the doubt and help even if its just emotional suport and not necessarily what they want to hear,

I should imagine its an awful sittuation to be in and not a lot she can do from the UK,

I remember coming on here for the first time and feeling totally out of my depth, some posters were actually quite hostile and yes i did ask some silly questions, but when you are new to all this there is so much to take in.

Wish your son luck looks like he has friends there that are fighting to keep him there
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:44 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
:
I think your spot on moondevil she was asking for help,
I hope if she reads this that she understands we do get quite a few trolls on a friday, but we should give posters the benefit of the doubt and help even if its just emotional suport and not necessarily what they want to hear,

I should imagine its an awful sittuation to be in and not a lot she can do from the UK,

I remember coming on here for the first time and feeling totally out of my depth, some posters were actually quite hostile and yes i did ask some silly questions, but when you are new to all this there is so much to take in.

Wish your son luck looks like he has friends there that are fighting to keep him there
For those of us who have been around for awhile, this is an excellent point and a reminder to treat newcomers better. I have been guilty too. I should know better because I lurked for over a year before daring to make a post. The hostility was almost palpable at times, and especially the accusations of racism for the silliest of reasons. I often wondered where the moderators were as it was really ugly at times with really personal attacks. Much better in the last year or so, thankfully.

Anyway, lesson learned for me not to immediately suspect a troll, just because it's a Friday!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

For those of us who have been around for awhile, this is an excellent point and a reminder to treat newcomers better. I have been guilty too. I should know better because I lurked for over a year before daring to make a post. The hostility was almost palpable at times, and especially the accusations of racism for the silliest of reasons. I often wondered where the moderators were as it was really ugly at times with really personal attacks. Much better in the last year or so, thankfully.

Anyway, lesson learned for me not to immediately suspect a troll, just because it's a Friday!
Great post Starwin, good to know im not the only one who was scarred to venture in
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
That's the risk of posting on a Friday. There have been numerous Trolls so a newbie posting on a Friday gets treated badly on the assumption they're yet another one.
Trolls appearing on the weekends are normally advertising trolls.

I think the forum should require at least a few sensible posts in already open threads before a new forum member can start a new thread.
This site, not just the forum, would like to see members treat all posters, old and new, with respect and dignity.

Does these mean we'll have to start being polite to Trolls.
Yes, if being polite means finding out the truth before mouthing off and labeling someone before you know all the facts.

Remember the way you feel, act, and the story of your life and your experiences are yours and yours alone. Not everyone has the same feelings and stories and/or experiences. It is never wise to consider because you might do one thing in a situation that anyone who does something different is wrong. Reach out a friendly hand and offer a kind word before coming to decisions.

Rete
SuperModerator
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:14 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Great post Starwin, good to know im not the only one who was scarred to venture in
I have to admit when i saw the post at the beginning i did not comment as i have never known anyone in there situation, i really hope that the OP comes back and see's that there is people on here that really does care

When i joined this forum i asked silly questions and probably do on my silly days, but that is life.......

people have to remember that living in glass houses is not good, we are not here to pull a person down....
what is the saying that we can take the person out of england but not the english out of the person...seems so with some posters at the moment...
Good karma - is this not the canadian way
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

mattyr40 is a jewel in the roughmattyr40 is a jewel in the roughmattyr40 is a jewel in the roughmattyr40 is a jewel in the roughmattyr40 is a jewel in the rough

Well as a new poster i can say that after sifting through threads, There is a bit of snobbery towards noobs. Especially if they dare to ask questions about the cold weather.
But its normally the same culprits who are guilty of this and eventually the goods guys have shone through.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:39 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattyr40
Well as a new poster i can say that after sifting through threads, There is a bit of snobbery towards noobs. Especially if they dare to ask questions about the cold weather.
But its normally the same culprits who are guilty of this and eventually the goods guys have shone through.
It's nerve wreaking coming into this place and asking questions at all....i lurked for ages before i ever posted,...so the rest of us do try and make people feel welcome
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
It's nerve wreaking coming into this place and asking questions at all....i lurked for ages before i ever posted,...so the rest of us do try and make people feel welcome
and wow did you make up for it my dear
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:50 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moondevil
and wow did you make up for it my dear
I know....scundered Thats Belfastian for embarrassed
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:05 pm
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...portation.html

Didn't fly yesterday due to illness and now has an MP on his side.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:54 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to say it, but its probably safe to still assume first time posters on Friday afternoon with emotional tales of prejudice and injustice are in fact mostly trolling for kicks. One swallow does not a spring make. Its easy (and right) to suspect a troll when their first ever post here says:
Originally Posted by gillian_11
Anyone considering immigration to Canada, Just don't become seriously disabled or you will be deported!!!!!:curse:

I dont mind replying to stupid newbie questions, its part of the charm of this place. But I also dont care to have it spoiled by those who just want to post to cause a bit of a kerfuffle, and there have sadly been plenty of them. Its all very well to say This site, not just the forum, would like to see members treat all posters, old and new, with respect and dignity, but it insults our intelegence to pretend that there are not trolls out there seeking to lure people in with tales of hardship and heartache, and that they are worth our respect and dignity. Having to post a couple of times on an existing thread just makes it easier to judge someones intent when they do start a new thread, I dont think its a bad idea at all.

Its an anonymous chat site, I really dont see why people should be scared or intimidated to post, its pretty simple;

Act intelligently.

Think about what you are writing.

Dont start by making inflamatory accusations.

and people will take you at face value, and above all,

Learn to take the rough with the smooth.

Last edited by iaink; Jan 14th 2009 at 4:02 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
This site, not just the forum, would like to see members treat all posters, old and new, with respect and dignity.
Most people try, though when you've been asked by the 90th person if it's cold in Canada, it's very tempting to be flippant. Next time, I'll just point at the white bits on a map.

Yes, if being polite means finding out the truth before mouthing off and labeling someone before you know all the facts.
Fair point, but it wasn't until someone posted a newspaper article that it was proven to be true. I'm a cynic.

Remember the way you feel, act, and the story of your life and your experiences are yours and yours alone. Not everyone has the same feelings and stories and/or experiences. It is never wise to consider because you might do one thing in a situation that anyone who does something different is wrong. Reach out a friendly hand and offer a kind word before coming to decisions.
I'll try.

Rete
SuperModerator
Thank you. I didn't see it on the left side of the screen.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Cap'n

As a veteran of the US Immigration since 1997, I have answerred the same questions so often I fully understand how tedious the repetition can be.

Only added the title so that people would know that I wasn't posting as a poster but as a moderator.

To Iaink: I'm not asking anyone to not believe in trolls. They are real and a problem on the internet. I'm asking that judgment be withheld until something concrete is shown that the post and poster are actual trolls. In other words, I'm asking posters to use their intelligence to weed out trolls from real posters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.