Exchange rate

Old Mar 31st 2009, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Yup. And stupidity.
Agreed. Stupid greedy people have a lot to answer for....
Old Mar 31st 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Looking at the exchange rate for the last 12 month the last 2 months have been the most stable fluctuating between 1.75 and 1.85 so give a good chance of achieving 1.80 in the short term near future is a reasonable target.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottymallo
Looking at the exchange rate for the last 12 month the last 2 months have been the most stable fluctuating between 1.75 and 1.85 so give a good chance of achieving 1.80 in the short term near future is a reasonable target.
Thanks Scotty. So 2.35 is out then?
Old Mar 31st 2009, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by geedee
Thanks Scotty. So 2.35 is out then?
looks like it!!! I'd be chuffed if we got $1.90 again this year. It's a bugger getting paid in £s living in Canada. Got to take the rough with the smooth i guess.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:56 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottymallo
looks like it!!! I'd be chuffed if we got $1.90 again this year. It's a bugger getting paid in £s living in Canada. Got to take the rough with the smooth i guess.
Too f*****g right! In annualised terms, my dollar income for 2009 will be below that for 2006, despite an increase in salary of £10,000.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold

for me, my (many times) daily point of info comes from www.advfn.com

they have many graphs.... the one i use (in conjunction with the live update) is the 12 monthly.

but looking to the 5 yearly, it is clear what the trend is.

today it is nice to say it is up to $1.82, having been sub $1.80 for some time.

for me, my best case scenario is to hit the magic toonie..... but hell, things such as these are not what life's choices ought to be based upon.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 6:44 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Why tut, tut? Chris whatsisname is/was a perfect example of the practitioners of all the mumbojumbo which has got us (at least some of us, not me thank dog) into this horrendous mess.
Disagree, not sure you can blame this mess on FX traders, the FX market is one of the most efficient out there. The "mess" was caused in by default risk being priced way to cheaply in the debt markets (I suspect that history will blame Greenspan)

As for the FX rate - there have been a couple of uk government bond issues recently. The 40 year one failed (a worrying sign), however following that an index linked gilt was heavily over-subscribed. To me, this would indicate that the market thinks inflation will push up interest rates at some point - thus pushing up demand for GBP (this is my reading of it, naturally it could be a load of crap as I'm not an FX expert)
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 1:19 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Looked a little healthier this morning at just below 1.84 no doubt will head back down just shortly.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold

it got a few hundredth of a cent over 1.84 today.....
go on you beauty, only another 16 cents to go before i cash in my chips

incidentally, has anybody contacted moneycorp about changing their dosh, only to regret it due to the phone calls and e-mails it provokes out of them....?
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:31 am
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paolosmythe

incidentally, has anybody contacted moneycorp about changing their dosh, only to regret it due to the phone calls and e-mails it provokes out of them....?

I wouldn't ever deal with moneycorp again after they really screwed up one of my transactions by taking FOREVER
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:30 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paolosmythe
it got a few hundredth of a cent over 1.84 today.....
go on you beauty, only another 16 cents to go before i cash in my chips

yes they badgered me a lot:curse: friendly enough people but got on my nerves, ended up using HIFX, carried out 2 transactions, no probs, 2 working days to reach bank account in Canada
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 2:57 am
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute

deleted

Last edited by andrewrb143; Apr 3rd 2009 at 3:01 am. Reason: Cat wrote falsified market information on price of catnip
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:57 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I used MC and they were fine - in bank next day!!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I used MC and they were fine - in bank next day!!
It looks like you're kissing a goldfish in your avatar....

Are you?
Old Apr 4th 2009, 4:35 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geedee
It looks like you're kissing a goldfish in your avatar....

Are you?
noo - glass of wine!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.