Exchange rate

Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by scottymallo
I bought a bit too, much better than $1.67
Stop it!!! You're just encouraging a poor rate!! Boycott it until it gets sensible!
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

One more thing.... the 2000th post is due soon on this thread. Quite a milestone.... I vote Cneldred should have the honour..... any takers?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

lets hope were up to $1.95 by the 2000 post ey!! come on the £
Old Feb 7th 2009, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

lets hope were up to $1.95 by the 2000 post ey!! come on the £
Er... I was thinking more along the lines of 2.20!!

Is Cneldred still around?
Old Feb 7th 2009, 3:00 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geedee

He's not posted for weeks - I hope the recent fluctuations haven't sent him over the edge!
Old Feb 7th 2009, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

think he had all his cash in Euros for a while and that taken a hammering lately
Old Feb 7th 2009, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

no chance doubt we'll see 2:1 again!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Diefenbaker is on a distinguished road

One more thing.... the 2000th post is due soon on this thread. Quite a milestone.... I vote Cneldred should have the honour..... any takers?
Are we nearly there yet?
Old Feb 8th 2009, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

montpro is an unknown quantity at this point

Prepare for another drop next week!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by montpro
Prepare for another drop next week!
What's happening next week??
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

montpro is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing, I just feel the trend is down - possibly $1.65. But then again I often wrong

(plus we're getting closer to the 2k mark)
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

I think it will bob around the 1.75 -1.90 for most of 2009.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by G77
He's not posted for weeks - I hope the recent fluctuations haven't sent him over the edge!
Cneldred, come back or it's open season on the 2000th post!!!

no chance doubt we'll see 2:1 again!
I'm not so sure. The CAD is strongly linked to the USD, which many commentators are saying is way overvalued.... some think it's due a very rapid correction, especially if O'Batman doesn't work the miracles expected of him. That has surely got to bring the CAD down with it??
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:30 am
Wanna-be Canadian

loser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant future

Cneldred, I'm not so sure. The CAD is strongly linked to the USD, which many commentators are saying is way overvalued.... some think it's due a very rapid correction, especially if O'Batman doesn't work the miracles expected of him. That has surely got to bring the CAD down with it??
This is an excellent point.

Plus, that fact that the UK housing & mortgage market in December picked up is also a positive.

If this recession isn't quite as bad as has been feared and the economy begins to rally sooner than expected, the current cautiousness that's pushing up the value of the US $ will wane, we'll see the $ sold and it's value, along with the Canadian $, drop.

M.

PS - Is there a prize for the 2000 post ?

Last edited by loser40; Feb 8th 2009 at 2:36 am.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by loser40
This is an excellent point.
PS - Is there a prize for the 2000 post ?
Mods? Is 2000 a record for the board?

Actually Danny B, the Opening Poster should take it.

Bit of nostalgia, the first post by Danny B in April 2007:

Damn it's down to $2.25 now almost 10c less than what it was in Feb.
They reckon interest rates will almost certainly be going up next month to stop inflation rising any more.

It is so frustrating watching the rate going down while you are weeks away from selling your house to convert to dollars...

$2.25

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.