Wikiposts

Exchange rate

Old Sep 12th 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Exchange rate

Funny film though....

I used to work on the LIFFE floor in London (coloured jackets and hand signals), we actually had a tramp find his way onto the trading floor one day and try to sleep in one of the 'pits' (the raised areas where all the trades take place). I just had flash backs about trading places, it seemed straight out of the film.

Chris
Old Sep 12th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cneldred
Funny film though....

I used to work on the LIFFE floor in London (coloured jackets and hand signals), we actually had a tramp find his way onto the trading floor one day and try to sleep in one of the 'pits' (the raised areas where all the trades take place). I just had flash backs about trading places, it seemed straight out of the film.

Chris
Are you sure it wasn't Don Ameche then?
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:15 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

$2.07
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
$2.07
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

yep, Northern Rock kind of F**ked things up.

Sterling is getting bashed against every major currency.

Chris
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

:cry_smil e:
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:10 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

yep, Northern Rock kind of F**ked things up.

Sterling is getting bashed against every major currency.

Chris
Not helping either I presume is the fact the Canadian dollar is very strong against the U.S. dollar at the moment. (0.9711)

If the spot price is 2.0712 as it currently is what does the average punter get for his pounds?

Not a concern for me I'm just curious.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Not helping either I presume is the fact the Canadian dollar is very strong against the U.S. dollar at the moment. (0.9711)

If the spot price is 2.0712 as it currently is what does the average punter get for his pounds?

Not a concern for me I'm just curious.
two packets of tea and a lemon sherbert
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:37 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simon876
two packets of tea and a lemon sherbert
Wow I'm impressed I wasn't anticipating the sherbet.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Wow I'm impressed I wasn't anticipating the sherbet.
That'll be the fluctuations guv'nor
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:39 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say I feel for people watching the rate right now. Down to 2.06 something when I last checked. I'm no financial expert at all but I do know that the price of oil seems to be a big factor (when oil price is high then canadian dollar is strong which is bad news for people hoping to convert pounds) and having watched the rate over the last couple of years this seem to be something that is typical at this time of year. As winter approaches everyone starts worring how sever winter will be and whether the supply of oil will be limited thus leading to more price jumps. The Canadian dollar seems to strengthen.

Have a look at the following 5 year chart (http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/currency...CAD&amt=1&t=5y) - the exchange rate seems to take a bit of a nose-dive every winter and then pick up a bit in the new year (though the long term trend appears to be a stregthening of the CAD versus the Pound)
Old Sep 14th 2007, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Would agree entirely with that statement...the hurricane season usually starts the sell off.

Chris
Old Sep 14th 2007, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Such bad news... I'm watching the amount we have to spend on a house (and therefore the size of said house) get smaller and smaller... boo hoooo hooooo

Is there any hope?
Old Sep 14th 2007, 5:11 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Would agree entirely with that statement...the hurricane season usually starts the sell off.

Chris
not much help to people who can't wait until the new year though I don't suppose. Like Steve666 - haven't you got to come up with a large pile of dollars soon Steve?
Old Sep 14th 2007, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Not in the short term i don't think...smart money is now on only 25bp for US Fed...talk of possible rate cut from UK. Oil going thro $80. All the signs are negative.

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.