Wikiposts

Exchange rate

Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:47 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate

just joined and reading with interest, we have been checking the exchange rate pretty much daily (well about 15 times a day!) its the first thing we do in the morning and last at night. Every cent up or down means $1000 dollars for us and its a lot really. When you think could've gotten a really nice car with the diff between 2.35 and 2.12

Mind you we should be moving out in 4 / 5 weeks and as the house hasn't sold yet its all pretty irrelavent. We've even just lowered the price by £20k (thats a lot of dollars) and if the exchange rate plummets we will be gutted but to shift it quick and be able to buy our dream home over there with a small mortgage (trust us to choose mega rising Alberta) its worth the gamble. So we'll be happy at arounf the 2.15 mark.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Snap, we just cut the price of our house. Prepared to bite the bullet now we just want out. Should have our PR within the next week or so, and are about to book flights for late October, getting a buyer now would make me a very happy man. I am hoping to get between 2.15 and 2.20 to change our money up, however being an eternal pessimist i did all calculations at 2.00.

Re the forex rate i am of mixed emotions today, Bank of England kept rates unchanged and released a statement with this. That is unusal, usually unchanged has no statement with it. This has happened twice in the past and both times the following month they cut rates by 25bp (1/4%). That could be bad for the sterling rate, although i feel US and Canada may be about to do the same, which would lessen the blow. On the other hand it might calm peoples nerves about the housing market and mean we get a buyer.

Sorry to bore, but all relavent in the scheme of things, and may interest some out there.

Chris
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cneldred
Sorry to bore, but all relavent in the scheme of things, and may interest some out there.
Chris
It's not a bore, I watch for your postings with avid anticipation.
We're hoping to exchange sterling for Can $ end of September.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

are you giving me a license to carry on boring??

Chris
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:11 am
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Chris
I am chris, your views are very interesting, just disappointed that you haven't had a chat with all those bankers and told them to put the rate upto 2.40 .

Like 99.9% of posters on BE could really do with the rate going back up.

Keep posting Chris Karma on the way

Regards

Steve
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Chris
Yep 007 and 3 quarters, a license to bore is yor
Chris, our resident 'markets' person is well good (as my son would say).
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steved61
I am chris, your views are very interesting, just disappointed that you haven't had a chat with all those bankers and told them to put the rate upto 2.40 .

Like 99.9% of posters on BE could really do with the rate going back up.

Keep posting Chris Karma on the way

Regards

Steve
Steve is that your prison photo?
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

oh steve, what i would do for 2.40...doesn't bear thinking about. Which is why all my sums are done at 2.00, therefore i HOPE i can't be disappointed.

Chris
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steve666
Proper mugshot isn't it??
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:16 am
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Yep they ran out of prison numbers and the stripy pyjamas just didn't go with my eyes

steve
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep they ran out of prison numbers and the stripy pyjamas just didn't go with my eyes

steve
Where are your arms?
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:20 am
spring is coming yeha

Where are your arms?
wrists were hancuffed lol
Old Sep 6th 2007, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

vivsim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
just joined and reading with interest, we have been checking the exchange rate pretty much daily (well about 15 times a day!) its the first thing we do in the morning and last at night. Every cent up or down means $1000 dollars for us and its a lot really. When you think could've gotten a really nice car with the diff between 2.35 and 2.12

Mind you we should be moving out in 4 / 5 weeks and as the house hasn't sold yet its all pretty irrelavent. We've even just lowered the price by £20k (thats a lot of dollars) and if the exchange rate plummets we will be gutted but to shift it quick and be able to buy our dream home over there with a small mortgage (trust us to choose mega rising Alberta) its worth the gamble. So we'll be happy at arounf the 2.15 mark.
I live in Canada and have just inherited 50,000 pounds in England. I talked to CanadaForex and they seemed to be pretty good for transferring funds, but I'd love some references. Has anyone transferred with this company? Does anyone know if there's any difference between CanadaForex rates and UKForex rates? Gosh this is so confusing.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

vivsim is an unknown quantity at this point

wrists were hancuffed lol
Hi, I thought I'd posted a message but can't see it, so apologies if this is a duplicate.
I live in Canada and want to transfer 50000 pounds from England. I talked to CanadianForex today and they seemed to be pretty impressive, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the company. Also, would there be any difference in using CanadianForex and UKForex.
Hoping for some useful insight.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:02 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vivsim
Hi, I thought I'd posted a message but can't see it, so apologies if this is a duplicate.
I live in Canada and want to transfer 50000 pounds from England. I talked to CanadianForex today and they seemed to be pretty impressive, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the company. Also, would there be any difference in using CanadianForex and UKForex.
Hoping for some useful insight.
RBC give quite good rates for VIP account holders paying in UK cheques. Also Custom House Exchange across Canada offer FX services and you can book a rate with them, which the banks won't do. http://www.customhouse.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.