Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Wikiposts

WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:16 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Originally Posted by gedge
have you sold yet?, c'mon i want news
GGRRRRRR NO !!!!!

we are moving 7th january whether sold or not, malcs exhausted with the constant traveliing back and forth so we'll have chrissy and new yr here then move
how are you stranger?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:21 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
GGRRRRRR NO !!!!!

we are moving 7th january whether sold or not, malcs exhausted with the constant traveliing back and forth so we'll have chrissy and new yr here then move
how are you stranger?
are you talking to me now?
i haven't had an email in ages
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:30 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
are you talking to me now?
i haven't had an email in ages
ok huffy pants !!

have pm'd you
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cheltaz
how long have you lived in oz may i ask??were u/are u a british citizen?
I have lived in Australia for 35 years . I have been back to the UK on holidays quite a few times, to see family and friends. I have duel citizenship
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:51 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
I have duel citizenship

Is that the sort of citizenship where you have to kill your opponent at 40 paces to get it?

Buzzy
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:54 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Hitting a child just teaches them that it's ok to hit other people.
Exactly. And to extrapolate that - hitting a child teaches them that in order to get someone to behave the way you want them to behave, you have to hurt them physically. Possible the cause of "problem youth?"

Buzzy
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:57 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Is that the sort of citizenship where you have to kill your opponent at 40 paces to get it?

Buzzy
i somehow resisted asking the same
Old Nov 28th 2007, 3:43 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Exactly. And to extrapolate that - hitting a child teaches them that in order to get someone to behave the way you want them to behave, you have to hurt them physically. Possible the cause of "problem youth?"

Buzzy
Old Nov 28th 2007, 3:57 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manc1
And remind me again. The sunshine is worth how much money to you? Apologies if I'm wrong but aren't you the person that had to go back to England to make some money because you couldn't make ends meet in Australia.
That's me, but you DON'T know my story ok or what I've been thru to get where I am now. If you want 'facts' then yeah, we can make ends meet in Oz ... just, but unexpected school fee's we can't so yeah I'm back here.

By the way, I don't think the local police will be to keen on you using your mobile on the roads.
I didn't get caught, how will they know? ...

Not big, not clever I know, but you're in QLD, you've seen a lot worse on the roads than someone using a phone to take a pic I'm sure.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
That's me, but you DON'T know my story ok or what I've been thru to get where I am now. If you want 'facts' then yeah, we can make ends meet in Oz ... just, but unexpected school fee's we can't so yeah I'm back here.

I didn't get caught, how will they know? ...

Not big, not clever I know, but you're in QLD, you've seen a lot worse on the roads than someone using a phone to take a pic I'm sure.

If you want to take sly digs at the country you left and which just happens to be the country I'm from Mate, then you'd better get used to getting some back. A word of advice, you don't have to run down the country you've left in order to make it in oz.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to take sly digs at the country you left and which just happens to be the country I'm from Mate, then you'd better get used to getting some back. A word of advice, you don't have to run down the country you've left in order to make it in oz.
You must be reading a different thread from me He wants to live in Aus and since he's been back in the UK has posted some pics of the roads and weather. He's also banged on about loving (some of) the food. Everyone is allowed to dislike somethings about a country, even if on the whole they love the place.

Don't know why I'm answering, Paul is big enough and ugly enough to do it himself
Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

zerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to behold

A word of advice, you don't have to run down the country you've left in order to make it in oz.
Nice one - I totally agree
Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:09 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zerohero
Nice one - I totally agree
I also agree, but I can't see how Paul was running the UK down
Old Nov 29th 2007, 1:10 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm lost! .. but hey ho!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:20 am
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
That's shite.

I don't smack my kids. Not necessary. If I have to use physical force against a child I think I've failed in my ability to understand and communicate with them.
A few people on here have met my kids... they're perfectly well behaved and best of all, they don't go round hitting other kids.
I don't see the point of 'do as I say not as I do'. Hitting a child just teaches them that it's ok to hit other people.
Stupid and half assed adult idea with no thought to consequences ... imo.
My kids are well behaved and also do not hit other kids and sometimes I wish my eldest would stand up for himself.The point was that some weer trying to make is that it is wrong to make it illegal, once again a nanny state and government telling us how to bring our kids up.

Making smacking illegal will not stop child beaters the same as sex with children is illegal, it still goes on. If you have never once smacked your kids or shouted at them which can do a lot of damage to their confidence/character then you will be the first i have met.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.