Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Wikiposts

WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Originally Posted by gedge
deck my halls, it's December tomorrow!
So tree up tomorrow?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

ianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the rough

cool. just been to the loft, nearly woke that screamy boy up again.
yayay, i'm getting started. glad that my MIL will have the babies tomorrow, looks like i'll be doing some serious day-time snoozing.

i usually hate it when i can't fall back asleep again, but christmas deco rocks.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:54 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by curly
So tree up tomorrow?
no chance, not with our little helper!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Nah get em up mine's up

Yeah bang the pot's and pans.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

no chance, not with our little helper!
yeah certainly do not miss that bit balls everywhere
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by manc1
Yeah bang the pot's and pans.
I prefer balls on my tree
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

Yep, Advent Calenders at the ready.

I must say though, the choice out here is crap, but hey ho it's still chocolate to the kids.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:24 pm

yeah certainly do not miss that bit balls everywhere
if there's one thing he likes to play with it's balls, or anything that will roll
so you can guess what sorts of things he'll be getting from Santa will be bloody difficult to wrap
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Twin Peaks
Yep, Advent Calenders at the ready.

I must say though, the choice out here is crap, but hey ho it's still chocolate to the kids.
trollox i forget to get the OH one every year, i might have to stop on my way home tonight
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

if there's one thing he likes to play with it's balls, or anything that will roll
so you can guess what sorts of things he'll be getting from Santa will be bloody difficult to wrap

Put them in a box, then he'll get two presents in one
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy
Put them in a box, then he'll get two presents in one
brains as well as beauty
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

ianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the rough

my tree is up! looking nice, but i'm sure it will look even better - read: 'interesting' - once my babies get their hands on it.
and i am tired now, will try to get some sleep (a full 2 hours of it). cheers for the night-time chat!

Last edited by ianandmel; Nov 29th 2007 at 3:49 pm. Reason: half asleep, more spelling mistakes than readable words
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
My boys are big now, when they were pre school and too young to reason with... then if discipline was needed they sometimes had a smack, sometimes they got sent to the naughty step...
As they grew, I realised that the time out was much more effective as a tool for discipline... by the time they were 7, I only had to look at them and the knew they were pushing the boundaries.... On one occasion my eldest son was reduced to tears by one of my looks! ... (he wanted to watch power rangers and misbehaving would have meant missing it!)

Even now, I still use the 'look' now and they shut up and walk away!!! No matter what it is that they were arguing about! because they know that another sentence will result in sanctions!
The usual are ... early cerfew, removal of electronic devices... playstation, mobile phone, etc. and, possibly the worst thing I can inflict on them... fines!!!
Hit kids in the pocket, we all understand that! Getting a detention at school costs £6 a pop now!
I am in agreement with what you say here - i myself have used the same reward and punishment system - doesn't always work but then what does with kids.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Is that the sort of citizenship where you have to kill your opponent at 40 paces to get it?

Buzzy
...sorry, my mistake...I did of course mean 'dual'

gedge, you should have said it
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ianandmel
Gosh, that used to be my main reason too. I unfortunately had experienced some racist attitudes in Australia when I went years ago, but found it bearable in the bigger cities and their suburbs. I had attributed racism more or less to uneducated hinterland-folks, the same you find in every country. I obviously was too optimistic to think that British migrants would be somehow more open-minded.

On a more positive note, our reasons to give Australia a go are similar to yours. We want to have more quality time as a family in our freetime and scuba diving just isn't the same around Blackpool or Southport
By the time you reach the sea in Southport you are too tired to do anything

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.