WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Wikiposts

WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

MaggieM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Originally Posted by ianandmel
my tree is up! looking nice, but i'm sure it will look even better - read: 'interesting' - once my babies get their hands on it.
and i am tired now, will try to get some sleep (a full 2 hours of it). cheers for the night-time chat!
Last year my DIL made gingerbread tree decorations with my grandson. Son realised after a few days that all of the decorations around the bottom of the tree had disappeared, and the one's at grandson's head height all had chunks bitten off them!!

I'm sure that this year the tree will just be another climbing frame for my little granddaughter!

Hope all of you have a lovely Christmas lined up, and to those of you with small children enjoy every minute of it. They'll be grown up before you know what's happened.

Maggie
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianandmel

Thanks a lot to you for the reply to Ned Kelly.

I am absolutely disgusted to see how racist comments like those seem to attract so little response. By people who want to be / already are immigrants themselves!
It's sickening.

And PLEASE those of you who agreed with NedKelly don't tell me you naturally ARE better because had the luck to be born into a white culture.
I don't agree with Ned Kelly. Infact I hope he ends up with mixed race grandkids......lol
Old Dec 1st 2007, 8:38 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
You haven't met Indi It's funny, my oldest was such a good baby/toddler and I thought it was down to my parenting. I'd say things like 'don't open that cupboard, it's mummy's cupboard' and she'd never touch it again. Then along came Indi and I realised it was nothing to do with my skills It's worth the hard work, of course, she's such a wonderful personality - feisty, fearless but lots of fun. She still has a terrible temper and a killer frown that terrifies the tough prep boys..... her kinder teacher says she'll make a sensational adult (here's hoping!).
How old is Indi?

I think we found her twin

She has sweets moderately ie birthday parties/ christmas parties etc (has more of a savoury tooth). But boy do we notice if she has the wrong orange juice (ie full of additives).
Old Dec 1st 2007, 8:45 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
I don't agree with Ned Kelly. Infact I hope he ends up with mixed race grandkids......lol
Yes we don't want our next generations all being inbreds now do we

Being a parent of an interracial daughter can't think of anything better than gaining from 2 cultures.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Yes we don't want our next generations all being inbreds now do we

Being a parent of an interracial daughter can't think of anything better than gaining from 2 cultures.
Here here! I've just watched 'Who do you think you are?' with Stephen Fry with tears in my eyes at how his Jewish ancestors suffered at the hands of the Nazis because they were 'culturally distinct'...
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
How old is Indi?

I think we found her twin

She has sweets moderately ie birthday parties/ christmas parties etc (has more of a savoury tooth). But boy do we notice if she has the wrong orange juice (ie full of additives).
She's just turned four. She's just become intrigued with what might rot her teeth - so asks about everything she eats and if it does have sugar etc, she has to drink lots of water afterwards....!
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:48 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Here here! I've just watched 'Who do you think you are?' with Stephen Fry with tears in my eyes at how his Jewish ancestors suffered at the hands of the Nazis because they were 'culturally distinct'...
Its a brilliant series that. Well worth sticking with it.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:51 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

stephen fry? there was another one with a similar story with david baddeal (sp?)
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:53 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
stephen fry? there was another one with a similar story with david baddeal (sp?)
And Natasha Kaplinsky
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NedKelly
This is the typical response that fwits give to people that give "too many immigrants" as a reason to leave the UK. When Brits move to Oz it is very difficult to tell them apart from the locals, unless they are real dim and still wear a Manchester United football shirt or have a St.George Cross bumper sticker on their car.

You can tell the immigrants to the UK as they tend not to speak the language (apart from uttering the word A S Y L U M ), the men wear dresses during the day and they often hang around benefit offices.
Geezuz mate, you're not into blind stereotyping are you at all!??

I hate to tell you this but most Brit immigrants stand out like dogs balls to us Aussies - the red rosy cheeks and pale legs for a start, the obvious accent, the inevitable fear of spiders, the initial insistence of being out in the midday sun without any sunburn cream, and the constant irritating whinging about immigrants back home...

Last edited by Vegemite; Dec 2nd 2007 at 12:06 am.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:55 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

bilmey
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 12:09 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite

the inevitable fear of spiders
I love spiders!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 12:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bordy
And Natasha Kaplinsky
I saw a bit of this series in the UK. I remember the one with Julia Sawalha: Jordanian Bedouin ancestry on her dad's side; French Huguenot ancestry on her mum's side. Wish I had such exotic ancestry!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

I love spiders!
hee hee. I'm glad to hear it!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 1:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite
Geezuz mate, you're not into blind stereotyping are you at all!??

I hate to tell you this but most Brit immigrants stand out like dogs balls to us Aussies - the red rosy cheeks and pale legs for a start, the obvious accent, the inevitable fear of spiders, the initial insistence of being out in the midday sun without any sunburn cream, and the constant irritating whinging about immigrants back home...
I'm glad you used the word "most"