WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Wikiposts

WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Nickc278 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Originally Posted by alipally

Our reasoning is that life is for living and for taking risks....... We want an adventure.... We are going with the attitude that if it's terrible we can come home, but at least we can say... wow! what a ride!... If we love it we can stay. Whatever, we will make the most of our experiences and we'll learn from them!
I'm looking forward to doing business 'Oz Style'! and I know that OH is too!
How exciting is it to move to the other side of the world!!!

WooHooo!!!
Now THATS the attitude !

Where are you going in Oz?

Nick
Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shortlets
This thread has gone miles off track but as a parent has made interesting reading.
I myself have 4 children, I have on occasion smacked (hand/bum) but usually felt that I had lost control after the event and guilty that I had done it, I was smacked (not beaten) as a child...and I'm afraid to say it didnt do me any harm...I knew ultimately that bad actions on my part would bring bad (a smack) punishment from my parents and made me realise consequences. I run a reward sytem at home for my children, I do not have biscuits,sweets or chocolate in the house (it may seem harsh and people have conveyed that to me) but if my children behave well or achieve something good at home/school then they can choose a reward...chocolate. I never ever buy sweets for my children as I know from experience that they make them bahave inappropiately, the sugar/colours send them completely hyper and I have trouble communicating with them for about 1 hour and I have observed this on many occasions. I am also of the opinion that most children only act "naughty" because they are 'high' on sugar/e numbers and are not being 'naughty' at all. But as I say thats just my opinion. Anyhow what I do works for me and my family but may not work for others.
You know it's funny as everyone always thinks Indi (my youngest) is always high on sweets, cause she's so hyper. But, like you, I don't have them in the house - more because of tooth decay (my oldest has enamel deficiency) and cause I'd eat them However, when she does have sweets etc it doesn't seem to make any difference - she's just hyper all the time
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Kudos. I think that can be said for pretty much any parent. It's a thankless exhausting task bringing up kids, regardless of how we choose to do it.
You haven't met Indi It's funny, my oldest was such a good baby/toddler and I thought it was down to my parenting. I'd say things like 'don't open that cupboard, it's mummy's cupboard' and she'd never touch it again. Then along came Indi and I realised it was nothing to do with my skills It's worth the hard work, of course, she's such a wonderful personality - feisty, fearless but lots of fun. She still has a terrible temper and a killer frown that terrifies the tough prep boys..... her kinder teacher says she'll make a sensational adult (here's hoping!).
Old Nov 29th 2007, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow this thread has jumped the rails. Might as well give my two pence worth. I was physically punished as a kid and I think on most occasions it sorted me out and made me think twice in the future. However, there were a couple of occasions when I felt the punishment I was given was over the top. There, have I made everybody more confused now.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

ianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Seems you hold a very racist point of view! As an Irish immigrant into the England I must disagree with you post entirely. I suppose you'll fit in well, with a section of the elder population of Australia, who slate the indigenous population in Aus at every given opportunity and go on about the increasing amount of Asian entering Australia
Thanks a lot to you for the reply to Ned Kelly.

I am absolutely disgusted to see how racist comments like those seem to attract so little response. By people who want to be / already are immigrants themselves!
It's sickening.

And PLEASE those of you who agreed with NedKelly don't tell me you naturally ARE better because had the luck to be born into a white culture.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:23 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianandmel

And PLEASE those of you who agreed with NedKelly don't tell me you naturally ARE better because had the luck to be born into a white culture.
Where the hell did THAT come from
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

ianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by hereshoping
One of my reasons for leaving is to get away from ignorant people who blam sponging immigrants for all the problems in the country....

judging by this thread that will be difficult to do!

Our main reasons are lifestyle ones, we're moving TO oz to dive, ski, spend more time out doors etc. we don't think of it as going FROM the uk, if that makes sense.

Gosh, that used to be my main reason too. I unfortunately had experienced some racist attitudes in Australia when I went years ago, but found it bearable in the bigger cities and their suburbs. I had attributed racism more or less to uneducated hinterland-folks, the same you find in every country. I obviously was too optimistic to think that British migrants would be somehow more open-minded.

On a more positive note, our reasons to give Australia a go are similar to yours. We want to have more quality time as a family in our freetime and scuba diving just isn't the same around Blackpool or Southport
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Where the hell did THAT come from
my personal rant

Wide awake baby during the middle of the night = wide awake mum. Thought I'd cheer myself up seeing what the lovely BE people are up to and read through some threads. Now I found myself shocked and even more awake, haven't read anything so nasty on here before. Oh well, off to get some hot chocolate to see if that will do a better job
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:40 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

my personal rant

Wide awake baby during the middle of the night = wide awake mum. Thought I'd cheer myself up seeing what the lovely BE people are up to and read through some threads. Now I found myself shocked and even more awake, haven't read anything so nasty on here before. Oh well, off to get some hot chocolate to see if that will do a better job
here they are
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
Errol Brown was HOT
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:42 pm

Errol Brown was HOT
sure was mama
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Errol Brown was HOT
oh yeah. yummie.

and my hot chocolate is just perfect too.
i'm getting bored now. is it too early to dig out the christmas decorations and put it up now? it's nearly december (and i've got another 4 hours to kill before the family wakes up again).
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

oh yeah. yummie.

i'm getting bored now. is it too early to dig out the christmas decorations and put it up now? it's nearly december (and i've got another 4 hours to kill before the family wakes up again).
Write the christmas cards? Trawl though pages of old threads? Pick a name and read their old threads? Hours of amusement ahead, possibly
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

oh yeah. yummie.

Nah get em up mine's up
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by curly
Nah get em up mine's up
deck my halls, it's December tomorrow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.