Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

suttons will become famous soon enoughsuttons will become famous soon enough
Default Re: WHY ARE WE LEAVING THE UK?

agreed, send the kids to boot camp, nothing deters them at the moment, parents dont want to take blame or some even encourage them to be thugs and coppers cant even give some of them a clip round the ear anymore. Roll on sunshine and outdoor life thats what we are going for, camping, fishing etc.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

suttons will become famous soon enoughsuttons will become famous soon enough

surely not in some of the more remote areas, Sydney is still a big city, like any of the cities here. I did say that wasnt the only reason we were leaving, i wouldnt drag my kids away from everything they know without more reasons than that, i believe they will have a better quality of life there, it may well be they will up sticks as adults and come to the UK who knows, besides i would like to experience some of Oz for myself as well.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Makes perfect sense to me, there are some bitter people on here.

Good post.
I agree. I was punched unconscious by an indigenous man at work recently. It hasn't changed my view of indigenous folks at all as being mostly decent, law abiding people.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I agree. I was punched unconscious by an indigenous man at work recently. It hasn't changed my view of indigenous folks at all as being mostly decent, law abiding people.
evidently you have a functioning brain unlike some previous posters in spite of the knockout
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:50 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TMRE
Your more than welcome to come and meet the friendly people of Ashford when you get back. I won't give you a personal tour though as I might get a kicking for looking at someone the 'wrong' way. There are a couple of nice Kosovan areas to tour and a nice big pikey camp if you fancy a really warm welcome. They will even clean the VIN number off you car if you ask them nicely
I know exactly what you mean ... I will provide a reciprocal tour of duty in Chatham ... we will navigate by the light of burning cars and police sirens.

If you ever chance upon a company called Ashford Motorsport (out near the rail station) then please do everything in your power to put them out of business by the way.

Not saying there aren't nice areas (obviously), it just costs an arm and a leg to live in them and the commute is a thing from hell.

Now, back to my early morning perfect weather commute in an MGB with the tunes on and roof back.

<this post rated 8.6 on the smugometer>
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
on the driving front, in Oz we have a lot fo this,

They was driving like this for over a mile, long enough for me to get phone out, switch on, and take pic, which is bloody ages!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/DSC00545.jpg

but in the UK a lot of this,

(EVERYWHERE! ... well, apart from about 4am)

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...12007519-1.jpg

I prefer Oz cos it also has lots of these!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/DSC00576.jpg

Oh and NOT just the beaches, the BLUE SKIES!!! ...

And remind me again. The sunshine is worth how much money to you? Apologies if I'm wrong but aren't you the person that had to go back to England to make some money because you couldn't make ends meet in Australia. By the way, I don't think the local police will be to keen on you using your mobile on the roads.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I know exactly what you mean ... I will provide a reciprocal tour of duty in Chatham ... we will navigate by the light of burning cars and police sirens.

If you ever chance upon a company called Ashford Motorsport (out near the rail station) then please do everything in your power to put them out of business by the way.

Not saying there aren't nice areas (obviously), it just costs an arm and a leg to live in them and the commute is a thing from hell.

Now, back to my early morning perfect weather commute in an MGB with the tunes on and roof back.

Chatham and I thought I had it bad. Been to toys r us and thats as close as I want to get! Now back to my heating controls and the wait for my husband to get home from his commute on the cattle class "you expect a seat for your £3000 a year season ticket" luxury train

Will look out for Ashford motorsport, was it there recently as it's all changed round there?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego

Matt, anywhere in Kent is an improvement on Chatham...
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manc1
And remind me again. The sunshine is worth how much money to you? Apologies if I'm wrong but aren't you the person that had to go back to England to make some money because you couldn't make ends meet in Australia. By the way, I don't think the local police will be to keen on you using your mobile on the roads.

The sunshine is worth ALL of their life savings which they have spent on the last two year in Australia. You try living here with no money coming in for two years.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Matt, anywhere in Kent is an improvement on Chatham...
Even Isle of Sheppey
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:28 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
if your a parent with a shitty kid you cant possibly take a belt to him/her. My old man did but would now be thrown into jail or face having kids taken away for instilling some moral fiber, a work ethic and a sense of right or wrong.

Harsh but hell someone has to beat some sense into some of these kids

National service is one thing which would be very useful in dealing with youth boredom.

Physical abuse of children is a different matter.

Anyone who "takes a belt" to a child should be sentenced by the courts in the same way, if not harsher, than if they had "taken a belt" to another adult.

I notice with some pleasure that New Zealand has now made smacking illegal and the first adult has been sentenced.

In times to come people who smack their children will be viewed by society in the same light as we now view those that sent small children up chimneys in Victorian days.

It's violence and bullying. It's not discipline.

Buzzy
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
You try living here with no money coming in for two years.

I wouldn't.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
National service is one thing which would be very useful in dealing with youth boredom.

Physical abuse of children is a different matter.

Anyone who "takes a belt" to a child should be sentenced by the courts in the same way, if not harsher, than if they had "taken a belt" to another adult.

I notice with some pleasure that New Zealand has now made smacking illegal and the first adult has been sentenced.

In times to come people who smack their children will be viewed by society in the same light as we now view those that sent small children up chimneys in Victorian days.

Buzzy
I was regularly beaten by my mother and I hate her for it even now...
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manc1
I wouldn't.

Exactly. Which is why he had to go back for a while.

I find him insperational.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:43 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Buzzy
I smack my children if they need it, nothing wrong with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.