Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Back to square one for us everyone.
The guy that made that offer was still interested when he got back from holiday this week - but has decided to drop his offer from before he went away down another £10,000... As the original offer was way under our asking price anyway there's no way we can drop a further £10,000 so we're back to hoping for viewers this weekend!

Here's hoping for a few viewers for everyone at the weekend!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

blackbag is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by travelbug
The guy that made that offer was still interested when he got back from holiday this week - but has decided to drop his offer from before he went away down another £10,000... As the original offer was way under our asking price anyway there's no way we can drop a further £10,000 so we're back to hoping for viewers this weekend!

Sorry to hear your news, some people really are shits, so hopefully the house he buys will have a load of problems that will cost him more the 20K to fix
Old Mar 8th 2009, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by blackbag
Sorry to hear your news, some people really are shits, so hopefully the house he buys will have a load of problems that will cost him more the 20K to fix
Thanks Blackbag. How are things going with you?

Has anyone had any viewers this weekend?
We were hoping for some, but haven't had anyone. The other half is into gardening and seeing as it looks like we'll be here a bit longer he's now thinking about growing stuff for the garden so we have flowers in the summer. Just having to carry on as normal for now until something happens -but it's very frustrating!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

aww sorry travelbug!! don't you just hate that - as blackbag said 'an unsafe house with many things wrong for him'

we've had a viewing on sunday - apparently they really liked it and even wanted to have a look at the hip?!?! (waste of space that is!) - haven't heard back from them though ...

and we've got another one for tmrw 3pm
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mOZzy
aww sorry travelbug!! don't you just hate that - as blackbag said 'an unsafe house with many things wrong for him'

we've had a viewing on sunday - apparently they really liked it and even wanted to have a look at the hip?!?! (waste of space that is!) - haven't heard back from them though ...

Good news Mozz, I still have everything crossed for you as always. xxxx

Bad news Travelbug. I hate people like that. Put you through hell. :curse:
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:40 pm
Banned

horace is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone selling in north Somerset? If so, let me know I may be interested.

h
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by travelbug

Aaah - damn them!!! :curse:. I had a feeling they'd try something on - well, I agree with comments from everyone else. I don't like wishing bad on people, but generally what goes around does eventually come around . As we don't have an agent, we are getting leaflets of our house made (via a friend) and we are gonna do a big local leaflet drop - put pics on and link to our website. I'v been watching Axe the Agent and thought I'd follow some of their tips. Can't do any harm can it? I hope you get some viewers arranged for this weekend.

Lots of luck to everyone trying to sell their homes .

Pops xxx
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mOZzy

Good Luck
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Mozzy - I hope the viewing went well ?

Pops - good luck with the leaflet drop - at least you're being very pro-active - which is more than a lot of agents would be! Fingerscrossed you have success.

Our agent we're using has now "closed" the branch office that we were originally under. Our sale is now being handled in a different area!
Although we were told they were moving we were "led to believe" by the guy that lettings were still being arranged in the original shop - what a lie - i went past there the other day and it's completely cleaned out!!!!
Now we're worried that the people that would be looking in our area and not using rightmove etc wont be aware of our property unless they drive past our house!!!!
I think next week we're going to give them their 14days notice and then we'll go with one of the other local agents...

Good Luck to anyone else still trying to sell - here's wishing many viewers for everyone... (knowing our luck though we'll get a call for viewing this weekend but we're away! )

take care
Cathy
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi all whinging poms

Any news anyone? Any viewings or offers?

travelbug - sorry to hear about your EA's. . All this talk of EA's just puts me off using them. I guess 2 weeks notice and find another as you say. If you give 2 weeks notice, do they still try to find potential buyers for you during that 2 weeks??? I am putting off using one, but will as a last resort if I have to!!!

I'm watching Axe the EA now. I don't think I could go out on the streets trying to sell the house, but I have had my flyers printed - they look fab as my friend has a marketing company and they designed them for me, which is great. Cost me £53.00 for 1,000 so gonna get posting this weekend and pop into local businesses, schools and colleges and ask them to pop them on their boards for me. I have a half marathon walk for charity in June, so the walking and posting will help me with that too. They are already up in the local supermarkets. I guess we'll have to wait and see if my website ads, board and flyers lead to any interest.

Good Luck everyone xxx

Pops xxx

Last edited by Popsicals; Mar 13th 2009 at 10:47 am.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
G'day Sunflower- how's it going????

p.s. change yer location info now!!!
Hey thanks caroline, location just changed! All good here so far. Got a car, TFN, medicare, and just found a room share in Mindarie. Start work in 2 weeks.

CONGRATULATIONS blackbag

Keeping fingers crossed for travelbug, and make a doll of the EA and stick pins in!
Old Mar 13th 2009, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Pops with the house sale. Glad you are getting things sorted Sunflower.
We have had an offer on a house accepted, and are going to have a look at the things the survey highlighted as possible serious faults- ie damp and termites(not active at present we think). Hope it isn't too bad as we also have to spend about 5k on getting the roof repaired- tiles are fine but the sarking is ripped. It is such a shallow pitch that the tiles will have to come off to do the sarking!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Good luck Pops with the house sale. Glad you are getting things sorted Sunflower.
We have had an offer on a house accepted, and are going to have a look at the things the survey highlighted as possible serious faults- ie damp and termites(not active at present we think). Hope it isn't too bad as we also have to spend about 5k on getting the roof repaired- tiles are fine but the sarking is ripped. It is such a shallow pitch that the tiles will have to come off to do the sarking!

Hey its great you've got a house. Excuse my ignorance, but whats a sarking? No doubt I will have to go through all of this in a few months. Was your survey very expensive? If termites are present but not active, i'm guessing you have to do something about them? active or not, or are they left sleeping...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Sarking is the underfelt that goes under the roof tiles to keep it waterproof. we had a look and spoke to the owner who is going to get his own independant survey. there don't appear to be any active termites, but they could all be hiding in the walls and it is a timber framed brick veneer property.
Pest and building surveys come in at roughly $500 each.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Popsicals
Hi all whinging poms

Any news anyone? Any viewings or offers?

travelbug - sorry to hear about your EA's. . All this talk of EA's just puts me off using them. I guess 2 weeks notice and find another as you say. If you give 2 weeks notice, do they still try to find potential buyers for you during that 2 weeks??? I am putting off using one, but will as a last resort if I have to!!!

I'm watching Axe the EA now. I don't think I could go out on the streets trying to sell the house, but I have had my flyers printed - they look fab as my friend has a marketing company and they designed them for me, which is great. Cost me £53.00 for 1,000 so gonna get posting this weekend and pop into local businesses, schools and colleges and ask them to pop them on their boards for me. I have a half marathon walk for charity in June, so the walking and posting will help me with that too. They are already up in the local supermarkets. I guess we'll have to wait and see if my website ads, board and flyers lead to any interest.

Good Luck everyone xxx

Pops xxx

Hi Pops, sorry for the delay in replying - have had hectic weekend with my daughters birthday/a party for her & a trip to join friends at Butlins for a birthday celebration - i'm worn out today!
We have no idea whether the agent will be bothered to make much effort or not in that 14days but we're not happy with what they've done since we signed up with them anyway, so i guess it'll make not much difference to what they did the last 14 days!
I hope your leaflet posting went well at the weekend... Have you had any come back from any of it (early days i know but i thought i'd ask!).

Cathy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.