Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:06 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Completing tomorrow, Fri 6th Aug at 1pm

Fingers crossed and good luck to the rest of you all in the process,
Cooler
Old Aug 7th 2009, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Completing tomorrow, Fri 6th Aug at 1pm

Fingers crossed and good luck to the rest of you all in the process,
Cooler
Good Luck

Pops xxx
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:10 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Finally Completed today!!!!After 20 long months on the market... Felt really strange handing over the keys.... Me & OH were really upset! Why I dont know Fingers crossed for everyone else who is waiting to sell.... Things can only get better
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Finally Completed today!!!!After 20 long months on the market... Felt really strange handing over the keys.... Me & OH were really upset! Why I dont know Fingers crossed for everyone else who is waiting to sell.... Things can only get better
That's great news!
Really pleased for you! Good Luck for your new life!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 1:19 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations

What are your plans?

Cooler
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:36 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations

What are your plans?

Cooler
Flight booked for 20th Oct Heathrow to Perth... Live closer to Manchester but OH wanted to go on the A380 & I wanted Singapore Airlines so Heathrow it is Mum & Dad taking us down on 19th & we're all staying in the Travelodge overnight. Dont think we'll get much sleep that night & didn't really want my mum & dad waving us off at the airport but they want too so I can imagine there will be a flood of tears when we have to board
They also have their visa's to follow us on but they too have to sell their house first so fingers crossed it wont be too much longer after us
OMG is really happening...............
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Well done
Old Sep 18th 2009, 7:32 pm
Capt Hilts

Flight booked for 20th Oct Heathrow to Perth... Live closer to Manchester but OH wanted to go on the A380 & I wanted Singapore Airlines so Heathrow it is Mum & Dad taking us down on 19th & we're all staying in the Travelodge overnight. Dont think we'll get much sleep that night & didn't really want my mum & dad waving us off at the airport but they want too so I can imagine there will be a flood of tears when we have to board
They also have their visa's to follow us on but they too have to sell their house first so fingers crossed it wont be too much longer after us
OMG is really happening...............
You sound very excited. I'm the same, I wouldn't want people at the airport, but if they want to see you off, I reckon that's best.

Funny, OH's mother and sister have talked about migrating which would be great and there is plenty of MIL's family in Australia. Also, a friend has a very wealthy brother who be be a welcome addition to the family - SIL is single

All the best,
Cooler
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering if any of the WPHS crew have yet to make it to Australia? I know Mozzy touched down this week. Is she the last???

Can't wait to meet you Mozzy!!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:53 am
Capt Hilts

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Just wondering if any of the WPHS crew have yet to make it to Australia? I know Mozzy touched down this week. Is she the last???

Can't wait to meet you Mozzy!!
We made here on the 7th October and met Mozzy on Tuesday, the day after they arrived!

We lived among friends etc for over two months before we moved - so it we were glad to finally get here.

Good luck to the rest of you,
Cooler
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

We made here on the 7th October and met Mozzy on Tuesday, the day after they arrived!

We lived among friends etc for over two months before we moved - so it we were glad to finally get here.

Good luck to the rest of you,
Cooler
You beat me to it, I'm jealous

How's it going with you? Are you enjoying Adelaide? Personally I'm hoping for some more sunshine as the winter was very wet!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 5:15 am
Capt Hilts

Originally Posted by Fly Away
You beat me to it, I'm jealous

How's it going with you? Are you enjoying Adelaide? Personally I'm hoping for some more sunshine as the winter was very wet!
Well, we came with the intention of coming for keeps so that made it easy to settle.

Been here four weeks now and managed to:

Get Centrelink sorted
Driving licences
Rental
Elder two kids in school
younger two in pre kindy for two days
OH enrolled on nursing course
Bought a car
Get Tax File numbers
Get Medicare
Get Applied for two jobs, one looking promising
Found out why 'rashies' are so called (thick or what!)
Been to Victor Harbor and Galwer
Not sorted ambo cover yet!

Wish I could say this was down to me, but when Mrs C is on a mission, things get done.

Not warm enough for me, I was prepared for warm weather and had kept wearing a jumper and coat - even the Aussies thought I was mad.

Must meet up sometime, are you up north?

Cooler
Old Nov 5th 2009, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we came with the intention of coming for keeps so that made it easy to settle.

Been here four weeks now and managed to:

Get Centrelink sorted
Driving licences
Rental
Elder two kids in school
younger two in pre kindy for two days
OH enrolled on nursing course
Bought a car
Get Tax File numbers
Get Medicare
Get Applied for two jobs, one looking promising
Found out why 'rashies' are so called (thick or what!)
Been to Victor Harbor and Galwer
Not sorted ambo cover yet!

Wish I could say this was down to me, but when Mrs C is on a mission, things get done.

Not warm enough for me, I was prepared for warm weather and had kept wearing a jumper and coat - even the Aussies thought I was mad.

Must meet up sometime, are you up north?

Cooler
Why are they called Rashies? Is it to stop you getting a rash? I've never asked anyone...
Old Nov 5th 2009, 5:56 am
Capt Hilts

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Why are they called Rashies? Is it to stop you getting a rash? I've never asked anyone...
I believe to stop a sand rash on the beach swimming/boarding.

You well Louise?

Cooler
Old Nov 5th 2009, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

I believe to stop a sand rash on the beach swimming/boarding.

You well Louise?

Cooler
Ah, that makes sense!

Good thanks, you? It's warming up here in Brisbane. Early 30's the past couple of days

Can't believe how much you and Mrs C have got done in a few weeks, I only got my Aussie licence a month or so ago

You still heading up this way Xmas time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.