Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

woheyyyyyyyyy emma!!! great news!!! wow - it DOES happen - and i thought it was only a fairy tale
good luck and get packing girl [/QUOTE]

Well even though we have accepted an offer which is good news, We no longer have a job to go to in oz suppose another one will come adventually.
Hows things with you Mozzy any offer yeh, fingers crossed your next.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

saville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nice

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hi - we are above the stamp duty threshold, but are expecting offers way under our asking price as we've had one of those already and i think due to current situation people are just offering way under just to see if it gets accepted. We've already dropped over £40,000 off of last years asking price, and recently had an offer for a further £15,000 less - but then the guy dropped the offer by a further £10,000 so we had to say no way... We need the offer as close to our current asking price as possible really - but what we want and what we might get i guess are two different things! If you dont mind me asking - how much under your asking price were you offered?
I had property up for 180 and sold for 175, didn't really want to accept that but realised that ain't going to get above stampduty so accepted, already knocked 25 off the price. So very little equity left hence our dilemna of whether to go or not.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by suart
Read my other post GUTTED, xx
Hi, just read your other post - so sorry to hear that about your OH's job offer.

woheyyyyyyyyy emma!!! great news!!! wow - it DOES happen - and i thought it was only a fairy tale
good luck and get packing girl

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you'll be able to secure another offer with another company - or find something once you get out there? I think we'll be going out without any firm job offer - but i know a lot of Australian co's wont employ you until they meet you!

Originally Posted by saville
I had property up for 180 and sold for 175, didn't really want to accept that but realised that ain't going to get above stampduty so accepted, already knocked 25 off the price. So very little equity left hence our dilemna of whether to go or not.
That stamp duty limit really seems to catch people doesn't it... People tend to forget that people have often dropped considerably and may not have had much equity to start off with in the 1st place - especially if they'd not owned the property for long or have remortgaged for other reasons...
Old Mar 26th 2009, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

STOP PRESS! Agent just rang again & guy is coming back this evening between 5.30-6.00pm with his wife for the 2nd viewing! So we haven't had to wait till the weekend after all!
I'll be at work, so OH will be here with the kids....better have another quick tidy up!
Old Mar 26th 2009, 2:32 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Well even though we have accepted an offer which is good news, We no longer have a job to go to in oz suppose another one will come adventually.
Brilliant news, Emma, about the offer. Full asking price!!! Fantastic.

Sorry to hear about the job though.

STOP PRESS! Agent just rang again & guy is coming back this evening between 5.30-6.00pm with his wife for the 2nd viewing! So we haven't had to wait till the weekend after all!
I'll be at work, so OH will be here with the kids....better have another quick tidy up!
Good luck with your second viewing.

We've also dropped £50k off our original asking price. It's just so fustrating.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Well done hope they love the house and put a good offer in.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

aww what a shame. but i guess once you are actually out he'll get a job much quicker - i've got everything crossed! so? have you got a date yet?!?! lol
naww, no news from us. we had loads of viewings but everyone who did offer stopped at 175k

ohhhh very exciting! fingers crossed that is IT for you

lol janine - took me a minute to figure out who you are
yep, 50k here too .. what price are you at now?!?
Old Mar 26th 2009, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Mozzy

shame about the offers, someone has to offer a decent price soon hun, Ill keep everything crossed for you
Old Mar 26th 2009, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just to update you all. Couple came, guy still really interested but it's between our house & a house near where their friend lives in central Romford. Wife prefers to be nearer to her friend Did find out this evening that our agent had told us a little white lie, he told Andy that they had a mortgage agreed - turns out they dont! Again they stayed for over half an hour & guy was talking about all possibilities for extending etc with our house (that they haven't got with other option)... So i guess we'll have to wait & see if they make an offer - and if they do & it's an acceptable one - whether they can sort out their mortgage as we wouldnt take the house off the market until it was sorted.... I hate this selling a house game!

Hi Off2Oz - yes, i think we're all in agreement that the price drops are VERY frustrating, especially knowing people are still more than likely to offer less than your asking price anyway. But then again if i were buying myself now i'd only do the same thing.

Thanks to everyone for the support you offer on here - good to know there's other people in similar situations - it stops me from pulling my hair out over it all!
Old Mar 26th 2009, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Well guys just a qucik up date from me, after being on the market 16 months we accepted an offer on the house yesterday!!!!!!!!! FULL ASKING PRICE !!!!!!!!

Looks like the market is picking up as we have had 4 viewings in 2 weeks and 2 offers.

Hope this gives u all a little faith that it will happen. Just hope it goes through this time.
That's fantastic news- gives hope to the rest.

but sorry too that you have no longer got a job. Hope something turns up.

Last edited by carolinephillips; Mar 26th 2009 at 9:06 pm. Reason: read the other post
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

blackbag is on a distinguished road

i don't F**King believe it, our buy has pulled out, her servey has raised some concerns regarding the pointing of our brick work, WTF the house is only 10 years old.

if the stupid bint has changed her mind why can't she say so.

i have spoken to our solicators who are trying to find out what going on.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by blackbag
i don't F**King believe it, our buy has pulled out, her servey has raised some concerns regarding the pointing of our brick work, WTF the house is only 10 years old.

if the stupid bint has changed her mind why can't she say so.

i have spoken to our solicators who are trying to find out what going on.
Hi Blackbag, so sorry to hear your news. I hope they change their mind...survey's are sometimes the worst hurdle to get through i know - because you never know what will come up! I know most things are easily remedied - but some people just expect everything to be perfect
I actually cried when we got the survey report for our current house as there was so much wrong with it - but it didnt stop us from buying the place

Will keep my fingerscrossed for you that they change their mind again.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Hi Blackbag, so sorry to hear your news. I hope they change their mind...survey's are sometimes the worst hurdle to get through i know - because you never know what will come up! I know most things are easily remedied - but some people just expect everything to be perfect
I actually cried when we got the survey report for our current house as there was so much wrong with it - but it didnt stop us from buying the place

Will keep my fingerscrossed for you that they change their mind again.

THANKS

our solicators have phoned and the buyers solicators are no aware of anychanges and the Estate Agents are trying to find out what the hell is happening, i am hoping that it is a small problem that is being blown out of proportion.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

our buyer has decided not to buy our house.

after spend £600 on a full structual survey the surveyor found our house to be in good condition, however he note that some of the morter was missing along the top of the bay window and would cost about £50 to repair.

However the stupid cow (buyer) has spoken to a friend of a friend who is a builder and they said that the wrong type of cement mix must have been used to build the house 12 years ago.

if find it amazing that someone can tell that from a photo when a qualified surveyor missed it.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by blackbag
our buyer has decided not to buy our house.

after spend £600 on a full structual survey the surveyor found our house to be in good condition, however he note that some of the morter was missing along the top of the bay window and would cost about £50 to repair.

However the stupid cow (buyer) has spoken to a friend of a friend who is a builder and they said that the wrong type of cement mix must have been used to build the house 12 years ago.

if find it amazing that someone can tell that from a photo when a qualified surveyor missed it.
Hi Blackbag. Sorry to hear they've definitely pulled out of the sale.
Amazes me that someone would spend that money on a survey only to pull out on the sale for such a small thing that needed doing. I'm sure as the sellers if they'd asked you - like most people if they'd got a quote for the problem to be rectified - you'd have either knocked the cost off your asking price or agree with the buyer to go halves. I remember one of the problems with our house when we bought it was that it needed some damp proofing and woodworm treatment. We went 50/50 with the sellers & did the work ourselves after we'd moved in.
Too many people discuss such things with other people not involved with the actual house & end up taking the wrong advice.

I do hope you get another interested buyer really soon.

We haven't heard back from the 2nd viewing last week. Looks like the wife has probably got her way with the other house that she liked. Haven't even had any call's from our agent this week - just one of their crap statistics letter showing how many hits our property had on rightmove

Hope some of us have some good news soon....

Good Luck for the weekend everyone - lets hope the nice weather we're having will encourage any possible buyers out for some viewings!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.